The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ray Ferraro says it will come down to 2 names for GM

J529

Ferraro was on 1040 and stated it will come down to Jim Benning and George McPhee. He really praised McPhee saying what great GM he is. Really, Ray? McPhee is just another arrogant Gillis clone who hasn't won thing in NHL. How he's been in Washington as long as he has is amazing.

Don't count out Laurence Gilman staying and being GM....I see him more of a candidate than McPhee.

It would be alot cheaper to promote someone within organization with paying out Gillis and possibly Torts.

It's Benning. For Sure. Linden has been praising the Boston-Bruins style as an ideal team system multiple times ever since he got hired.

Trevor Linden: "You look at the Boston - Model and how successful that team has been" ........

Jim Benning = Assistant GM of the Boston Bruins; largely responsible for the construction of that "Boston-model".

No doubt in my mind Linden will reach out to Benning immediately after the Bruins are done all of their hockey and I think he is as good as our new GM..... Plus, I read that his summer home is in Portland, which also fits perfectly for him in terms of the location of this team.

Ferraro was on 1040 and stated it will come down to Jim Benning and George McPhee. He really praised McPhee saying what great GM he is. Really, Ray? McPhee is just another arrogant Gillis clone who hasn't won thing in NHL. How he's been in Washington as long as he has is amazing.

washington is vancouver but instead of the twins, they have ovechkin

McPhee is worse than MG

-the erat trade - ewww

-the ward signing

-he over valued holtby and neuvirth

-the varlemov trade

-their drafting

-lots of big contracts - Green, ovechkin, backstrom

McPhee is a step back for sure,

Benning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McPhee

if we hire McPhee, we are doomed

Yeah, why don't Linden just hire Messier for GM?

It's Benning. For Sure. Linden has been praising the Boston-Bruins style as an ideal team system multiple times ever since he got hired.

Trevor Linden: "You look at the Boston - Model and how successful that team has been" ........

Jim Benning = Assistant GM of the Boston Bruins; largely responsible for the construction of that "Boston-model".

No doubt in my mind Linden will reach out to Benning immediately after the Bruins are done all of their hockey and I think he is as good as our new GM..... Plus, I read that his summer home is in Portland, which also fits perfectly for him in terms of the location of this team.

What about Ferguson in Anaheim? That guy is even more substantial - not only a sound talent evaluator, but also good with managing the cap. Hire him, you probably could also lure Neidermayer to become head coach.

Archived