The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 30 in 30 by NHL.com

Derp...

McCann?

"Elite Level Skill" "should have put up 90 -105 points"

I won't be surprised if McCann ends up being a 1C.

If he puts up close to 100 points this year and makes the WJC he will be where most scouts though he would be last year.

Krejci, Giroux, and Toews are comparisons I have heard.

McCann would need to increase his output quite a bit this coming season to keep pace with those guys' curves. I'd say Krejci (who's a 2C) is the most probable out of your comparables.

McCann would need to increase his output quite a bit this coming season to keep pace with those guys' curves. I'd say Krejci (who's a 2C) is the most probable out of your comparables.

It won't be easy, but you also have to factor in mins per game were way different in his draft year 17.0 vs guys getting 25+

If he gets his points per min to 15ish he will be in that elite category.

Consistant 60+ point production is a 1C, not an elite offensive 1C, but still a legitimate 1st line centre. He also led the playoffs in scoring in 2011 and 2013.

Consistant 60+ point production is a 1C, not an elite offensive 1C, but still a legitimate 1st line centre. He also led the playoffs in scoring in 2011 and 2013.

He's behind Bergeron in terms of importance to the team there though. I don't think Krejci does nearly as well without Bergeron.

I guess since Horvat will become our Bergeron, there you go.

But wishful prospect comparisons to players who've won cups are done every year.

Kyle Dubas' evaluation, though likely a little bit biased, increased my hopes for Jared. I think we'll see an increase in production this year for him, given the right teammates and the right coach. Would love to see him break that 90-105 barrier that we hoped to see from him last year.

'A little biased?'

I'm just wondering if he could even possibly be more biased.

He's behind Bergeron in terms of importance to the team there though. I don't think Krejci does nearly as well without Bergeron.

But wishful prospect comparisons to players who've won cups are done every year.

Agreed. It's kind of a wash to try and number Boston's top two lines anyways. I guess I was just thinking the more offensive minded players were the top line (Lucic, Krejci, and Eriksson? (formerly Iginla/Hornton).

McCann?

"Elite Level Skill" "should have put up 90 -105 points"

I won't be surprised if McCann ends up being a 1C.

If he puts up close to 100 points this year and makes the WJC he will be where most scouts though he would be last year.

Krejci, Giroux, and Toews are comparisons I have heard.

Knew I forgot someone. If McCann turns into our future 1C I'd be happily surprised.

It is never a bad thing to have a lot of center depth in your prospect pool. We don't have much center depth on our roster so this may prove to pay off in the future.

On top of that I believe some of them can play wing as well.

That's good if some can play wing.

We lost Hodgson because of this log jam.

Henrik will be here for another 3 or so years, Bonino for 2 and then we have 3rd and 4th.

The 4th line centre position should not be used for young prospects so you have about 3 or 4 bonafide centres looking for the 3c spot for next 2-3 years. That's a bit of a difficult situation.

That's good if some can play wing.

We lost Hodgson because of this log jam.

Henrik will be here for another 3 or so years, Bonino for 2 and then we have 3rd and 4th.

The 4th line centre position should not be used for young prospects so you have about 3 or 4 bonafide centres looking for the 3c spot for next 2-3 years. That's a bit of a difficult situation.

It's an enviable situation though. I'd love to have too many tradeable assets.

This could be the year all that wishful thinking pays off, if not this year then next for sure.

We haven't had all these possible junior to pro prospects ever, ever, never ever!

Three of these guys may make it by spring time and 3 to 5 could make it next year if not:

Jensen, Horvat, Gaunce,Shinkaruk, Fox, Grennier,McCann and Virtanen if he can make training camp.

Also Corrado on D.

Next year:

Sedins/Vrbata

Jensen/Horvat/Kassian

Shinkaruk/Bonino or Gaunce/Vey

Burrows/Mathias/Dorset or Fox

Gaunce or Dorset as the 13th forward.

Trading Hansen at the deadline and Higgins in the summer nets us a decent prospect and a 2nd round pick.

Bergeron is definitely more important, but Krejci is relied on more for offense, making him the "1C" by title in Boston.

Krejci even referred to himself as the 1C in his interview after their loss to Montreal in the playoffs this year, blaming himself for not producing points when that's what he, as the "1C", should do for his team.

Archived