The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Canucks trade Eddie Lack to Carolina for 3rd round pick + 7th round 2016

Diakonos

Eddie Lack traded to Carolina. And I believe the Hurricanes are moving Khubodin to another team today.

In return for Lack, the Canucks get a third-round pick this year and a seventh-round pick next year

Just a horrific trade, in my opinion. Toronto got 61st overall for free by moving down a few spots. I'm speechless.

edit: I see there is a thread not in Canucks talk. My apologies—I didn't see it when I checked. If this could be deleted by a mod, that would be great.

I never would have made that trade. A #1 goaltender for a #5 stay at home defenseman in 5 years.

Just let Miller or Markstrom walk. Eddie was better than both of them.

Goodbye Eddie Lack... :(

#5 stay at home defenseman if we're lucky. Most 3rd round picks never even make the NHL.

Even if I don't agree with a trade, I can usually see the logic behind it but I don't see any here.

Wow we got burned. I lhave supported Benning, but this was a terrible trade.

The Rangers got a second(57), a third(79) and a 7th(184) for Cam Talbot and a seventh(209).

We got a third and a seventh for Lack who is just as good and a way better personality.

Brisebios better be a top 4 defenceman in the future to justify this debacle.

Really Jim Benning are you stupid or did Mike Gillis switch places with you we traded Eddie Lack for nothing basically nothing how sad you just made your team even worse I guess we'll be riding the Oilers crap train and be terrible for the next 6-10 years good job benning

I really like the Brisebois selection - excellent young defenseman imo.

Exactly, and what did people expect to get for a back up goalie? Sure you want a first round pick, but no one will give you that. Lack is a decent backup goalie, no more. And his under .9 save percentage in the playoffs certainly did nothing to raise his value.

Archived