The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baertschi on 4th line

Boeser23

Yeah ronnie should be in the line up but who sits out ? Or a trade maybe higgins?

That's what I'm hoping. Trade Higgins out to add another draft pick and then slot Kenins beside Horvat and Hansen.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Sutter-Vrbata

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

Prust-Vey-Dorsett

Just wait til Shinkaruk blows the doors off this place in the preseason. Tough decisions are ahead, Virtanen too, but I think he goes back to junior and wjhc but who knows. I see Vey as the weak link..

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Sutter Vrbata

Shinkaruk Horvat Dorsett

Higgins Vey Hansen

Prust/Kenins

Prust and Kenins will see lots of ice time, there is always someone injured. Either that or a trade will be made.

They said we will carry 14 forwards.

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Weber

Sbisa Bartkowski

Corrado

Miller

Markstrom

Everyone is saying Baertschi will be on the second line. It will most likely happen but its a bad decision.

Think about it Kenins Higgins and Prust are way better than him. Also if he is on the fourth line we can spread the toughness around on our team. This is the roster I am hoping for.

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Prust Sutter Burrows

Baertschi Vey Dorsett

Edler Weber

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Bartkowski

Miller

Markstrom

Extras: Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Grenier, Virtanen, Bachman, Corrado, Biega

Not sure I can add to all the criticism. But I am curious. If the OP comes back to look at the responses I would ask what piece of information or data gives rise to the view that Hansen and especially Kenins are legitimate second liners. Same goes for Weber on the 1st D pairing and even for Prust on the 3rd line. Is this just a random semi-troll thread or is there some thinking behind it?

Not sure I can add to all the criticism. But I am curious. If the OP comes back to look at the responses I would ask what piece of information or data gives rise to the view that Hansen and especially Kenins are legitimate second liners. Same goes for Weber on the 1st D pairing and even for Prust on the 3rd line. Is this just a random semi-troll thread or is there some thinking behind it?

Edler and weber played great together last year

Vrbata got more goals than burrows

And....? I remember an interview awhile ago saying that the Sedins preferred Burr over Vrbata becuase of how they liked to play. Vrbata was able to slot in anywhere in the lineup and contribute. Have you only just started watching the Canucks?

Op is 14 years old and knows nothing

Kenins probably starts opening day otherwise they wouldn't have given him the one way contract.

All he needs to do is show what he did his first part of his spell in vancouver - hit and hit and hit. That's what Willie told me would make him successful.

I'd put a lot of money on Horvat starting on the second line.

$600K one way deal...looks like the kind of money you would be paying the 13th/14th forward to sit up in the press box on game days.

Not a good idea. With Vey centering the fourth line, the last person he needs is another finesse-oriented player (and someone who's a defensive liability. If anything, Vey should probably shift to the fourth line wing and have Jones take over as fourth line center.

Baertschi should play alongside two fairly defensively-minded forwards, (enter maybe Horvat and Higgins). Linemates like them, they cover so well defensively, Baertschi can concentrate on offense, making rushes, setting up plays, scoring, etc. They could make the second or third line.

Vrbata got more goals than burrows

Sure Vrbata was happy playing with the Sedins. (until the dry spell)

But the Sedins themselves were more productive, and so happier, playing with Burrows because of reliable consistent support. One day maybe Burrows' age (or injury) will catch up, but for now, he's the best triplet the franchise has come across so far.

Sven needs to play LW on one of the top 2 lines or he'll be a bust.

He can't play at C or RW, and he's not tough enough and defensively responsible enough for the 3rd or 4th lines.

He also needs a sniper on his line to pass to, Vrbata would be perfect for that role.

Get outta here dude. Benning said so himself at the end of the Comets' playoff run that Baertschi will be a top 6 forward next season for the Canucks.

I don't think there is going to be a fourth line.

I can imagine the following bottom 9:

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen
Prust - Sutter - Burrows
Higgins - Vey - Dorsett

The Sutter line will probably play the most, with Sutter and Burrows picking up a few minutes each on the PK, with a bit of PP time.

If Burrows moves with the twins move Vrbata down to the Horvat line, Hansen down with Sutter and Prust as the primary checkers.

No.

As it stands right now:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Sutter - Vrbata

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Prust - Vey - Dorsett

13th forward: Kenins

Don't worry, Bo -- won't be long before you get players who can actually play with and complement your skill level.

I understand Higgins on the third line, but would rather see Kenins with Horvat and Hansen as they had great chemistry. Kenins has shown already he has better finish than Higgins, not to mention better physicality. Defense is something he certainly needs to improve on, however.

Everyone is saying Baertschi will be on the second line. It will most likely happen but its a bad decision.

Think about it Kenins Higgins and Prust are way better than him. Also if he is on the fourth line we can spread the toughness around on our team. This is the roster I am hoping for.

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Prust Sutter Burrows

Baertschi Vey Dorsett

Edler Weber

Hamhuis Tanev

Sbisa Bartkowski

Miller

Markstrom

Extras: Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Grenier, Virtanen, Bachman, Corrado, Biega

Daniel Henrik Hansen

-the stats on CDC prove that it works

Baertschi Sutter Burrows

-two players to help shelter Baert defensively while Sutter and burrows can tap in Goals from his playmaking

Kenins Horvat Vrbata

-what better way to shield Vrbata's softness than with two wrecking balls while promoting offence from the two youngsters that already mesh well

Prust Vey Dorsett

-energy line that could score, try to put it out during play to minimize Vey's face-off not-bility

Edler Tanev

-relive the best part of last years defence

Hamhuis Bartkowski

-of the 3 RD we have besides Tanev, Bart is most suited for top 4

Sbisa Weber/Corrado

-Web for offence, corrado for defence

Miller

-obviously

Markstrom

-obvious choice is obvious

Extras: #2-Gaunce, #3-Shinkaruk, #1-Grenier, #4-Virtanen, #anytime we need a goalie-Bachman, #anytime we need D-Biega

Daniel Henrik Hansen

-the stats on CDC prove that it works

Baertschi Sutter Burrows

-two players to help shelter Baert defensively while Sutter and burrows can tap in Goals from his playmaking

Kenins Horvat Vrbata

-what better way to shield Vrbata's softness than with two wrecking balls while promoting offence from the two youngsters that already mesh well

Prust Vey Dorsett

-energy line that could score, try to put it out during play to minimize Vey's face-off not-bility

Edler Tanev

-relive the best part of last years defence

Hamhuis Bartkowski

-of the 3 RD we have besides Tanev, Bart is most suited for top 4

Sbisa Weber/Corrado

-Web for offence, corrado for defence

Miller

-obviously

Markstrom

-obvious choice is obvious

Extras: #2-Gaunce, #3-Shinkaruk, #1-Grenier, #4-Virtanen, #anytime we need a goalie-Bachman, #anytime we need D-Biega

oops forgot Higgins :picard:

Archived