The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hope you sold, down almost 70 cents after markets

nah im holding for the 15th and then ill reassess. Unless there is a major drop in price. With how quickly it went up today i wouldnt be surprised if it comes down a bit. As long as it stays above 6 im still in. Im expecting drops like that to come and go.

Edited by yoshiyoshi

1 minute ago, yoshiyoshi said:

nah im holding for the 15th and then ill reassess. Unless there is a major drop in price. With how quickly it went up today i wouldnt be surprised if it comes down a bit. As long as it stays above 6 im still in. Im expecting drops like that to come and go.

It's already moving back up again. I just paid off a half a year of my PharmD because of this stock in 2 days.

Looking to constantly pull what I don't want to lose and keep playing with some profits. 

Also, DKNG, PENN and GAN look like they could be a good buy for tomorrow. The NBA votes If it's season continues tomorrow. Bought them all in the teens and I could see them still going up as sports begin to come back.

VTIQ making news right now regarding potential hurdles leading up to the full merger.

Much of their US based clientele will be based off of available refuelling stations being built.  As of right now the US administration has actually enacted legislation last year to ensure green tech refuelling on interstate highways is a no go.

While they roll out in germany and central/western europe, their plant in Arizona will not start seriously moving until 2023 at the earliest.

Expect an actual dip prior to any serious gain in the short term as their full logistical issues for their growth plans come in to light.

Dip and buy

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

VTIQ making news right now regarding potential hurdles leading up to the full merger.

Much of their US based clientele will be based off of available refuelling stations being built.  As of right now the US administration has actually enacted legislation last year to ensure green tech refuelling on interstate highways is a no go.

While they roll out in germany and central/western europe, their plant in Arizona will not start seriously moving until 2023 at the earliest.

Expect an actual dip prior to any serious gain in the short term as their full logistical issues for their growth plans come in to light.

Dip and buy

sounds like a 5 year plan. On the other hand, price may stay down for a long time so might be able to get money to throw into it before it gets big. We shall see how the year goes

1 minute ago, yoshiyoshi said:

sounds like a 5 year plan. On the other hand, price may stay down for a long time so might be able to get money to throw into it before it gets big. We shall see how the year goes

A great write up.

Investors on the HFT or shorts do not like long terms and a lit of instant gratification spenders will also have issues with this.  Knowing the basic refuelling infrastructure is not in place is going to scare people off.  There should be a sizeable dip to the low $30's or even mid $20's post merger for a time.  Get in while ya can

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2020/06/02/hydrogen-truckmaker-nikola-is-ready-for-its-nasdaq-debut/#626d47814d8f

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, inane said:

What would you sell at? I'm currently in at $26. VTIQ that is...

I have a 30% ROI plan, I do the math set my order if I am unable to watch it.  But then I only have like 3 items in my portfolio over $10 USD so....

That really depends on what you feel comfortable with.  As of this moment, anything over $33.70 is your 30% ROI so that's up to you.  I'd hold though, set my sell limit to say $29.75 in the event of a huge dip to ensure your profits are safe and then be ready to buy back or sell when you feel comfortable

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I have a 30% ROI plan, I do the math set my order if I am unable to watch it.  But then I only have like 3 items in my portfolio over $10 USD so....

That really depends on what you feel comfortable with.  As of this moment, anything over $33.70 is your 30% ROI so that's up to you.  I'd hold though, set my sell limit to say $29.75 in the event of a huge dip to ensure your profits are safe and then be ready to buy back or sell when you feel comfortable

I’ve sold VTIQ twice. 

Paid off my car after the first sell lol. 

Getting in in the low teens and selling at 37$ felt almost too good to be true. 

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

10 tomorrow hopefully. 

yes. lets go for 20 by the 15th! I thought the growth might have been slowing down after hours but nope its still going up every time. a $4 increase in one day is crazy for a stock in this range.

Ari Gold...you son of a gun

Ok, so I've been getting really risky the last little while. Made some adjustments with my TFSA and made the following 2 moves:

Bought 700 Shares of VTIQ at $19.29 US (May 13)

Bought 265 Shares of Square at 67.65 US (May 5)

I've held on to both. If I jumped out right now, I'm at about a 21k profit in less than a bloody month (this is absolutely unheard of for me as I've typically kept things pretty tame except for when I decided to sink a lot into WWE a while ago)

I have absolutely NO CLUE what I want to do with those two stocks. Do I take it and run, or do I stay the course. Suggestions folks, I need them

Good luck to you all, and Ari, I legit owe you a bottle of wine

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NickTheGreek said:

Ari Gold...you son of a gun

Ok, so I've been getting really risky the last little while. Made some adjustments with my TFSA and made the following 2 moves:

Bought 700 Shares of VTIQ at $19.29 US (May 13)

Bought 265 Shares of Square at 67.65 US (May 5)

I've held on to both. If I jumped out right now, I'm at about a 21k profit in less than a bloody month (this is absolutely unheard of for me as I've typically kept things pretty tame except for when I decided to sink a lot into WWE a while ago)

I have absolutely NO CLUE what I want to do with those two stocks. Do I take it and run, or do I stay the course. Suggestions folks, I need them

Good luck to you all, and Ari, I legit owe you a bottle of wine

That's killer bud, well done!!!

My true advice, VTIQ (Tomorrow NKLA) is still a spec company and will have no earnings for a few years. The current price isn't sustainable. Your initial investment was $13,500.

I would sell 350 shares... At $35 that's $12,250.. Having only $1250 real money while sitting on 10X value will feel extra nice.. Book your gains..

Square is a monster, will always be a monster, it won't be tanking.. Ride it hard to the moon.. $200 a share by next summer.

5 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

That's killer bud, well done!!!

My true advice, VTIQ (Tomorrow NKLA) is still a spec company and will have no earnings for a few years. The current price isn't sustainable. Your initial investment was $13,500.

I would sell 350 shares... At $35 that's $12,250.. Having only $1250 real money while sitting on 10X value will feel extra nice.. Book your gains..

Square is a monster, will always be a monster, it won't be tanking.. Ride it hard to the moon.. $200 a share by next summer.

Agree on SQ. Bought at 45 and 70 and would buy more. It's one of the bigger pieces of my portfolio pie. SHOP being the biggest and sitting on 95% gain! 

Helps offset freaking Canadian banks. 

16 hours ago, yoshiyoshi said:

It's going to 11 already lmao

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

It's going to 11 already lmao

yeah, im really trying to be conservative in my expectations but its not working. Im secretly thinking 20 next week and 30 on the 15th at this point. IF it hits 10.4 i will have a 5x increase in my investment. I think it just hit a halt on the way up though

6 minutes ago, yoshiyoshi said:

yeah, im really trying to be conservative in my expectations but its not working. Im secretly thinking 20 next week and 30 on the 15th at this point. IF it hits 10.4 i will have a 5x increase in my investment. I think it just hit a halt on the way up though

Going for 12 now.

Should I get my Ferrari in black or red?