The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kassian to EDM

MusclePharm

3 minutes ago, Steven Stamkos said:

And I think you saying doing coke is "more than a mistake" a mistake. 

Ironic with that profile pic. It's not like it's the first time thing he has been caught, he been caught by the NHL least twice now but I dont think that counts the time he apparently went last year.

23 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Doing Coke is a bit more than just a Mistake....

Was it coke? you have any proof or actual links. Lots of speculation on this but all they say is substance abuse. It could be any number of things from pills to booze and all points in between.

44 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

He will be in Bakersfield, a 2 hour drive to L.A., a great location for a recovering partier

IMO he will never be going to EDM

Chiarelli dumped Seguin for excessive partying, he won't let Kass anywhere near McJesus

That makes literally no sense. If Chiarelli didn't want him "anywhere near McJesus" then he wouldn't have brought him into the organization. Buy low and hope for a changed Kassian is what he's thinking, especially after seeing what Seguin has done after being dumped to Dallas :lol:

Just now, ice orca said:

Was it coke? you have any proof or actual links. Lots of speculation on this but all they say is substance abuse. It could be any number of things from pills to booze and all points in between.

No actually proof but i have heard the stories about him partying in Vancouver. There seems to be more to that than just hear-say.

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

Ironic with that profile pic. It's not like it's a one time thing he has been caught by the NHL least twice now but I dont think that counts the time he apparently went last year.

Yes that does count the time he was here. When he got caught in MTL it was at the beginning of the season and was announced it was his second offence with it a day later or something like that. 

Also what's ironic about it? Me arguing doing drugs is a mistake? Just because he didn't learn from his mistakes doesn't mean it's not a mistake. 

4 minutes ago, Steven Stamkos said:

good points.

But this thread shouldn't be a drug debate, it should be about the trade.

This is a good hockey trade for both teams.  Mtl get another body to stand in net.  And Edm get a project player with a ton of upside.  Chiarelli (sp?) is a couple of moves away from building a juggernaught if his team can get healthy.  If they could make Hamonic happen they would be a legit threat.

2 minutes ago, Lost_Viking said:

Great news for Kassian, I was thinking he was told not to report because he was in trouble. Hoping he gets his game together and we see him back in the NHL soon.

I think that's essentially true. He was never going to suit up for the Habs organization. They needed to make an example of him to the rest of their players. It's old school thinking but there is logic there. 

This was a 'might as well try and get something that MAY help us,' and at least get the media off of their backs  by killing two birds with one stone, but I'd wager they were perfectly ready to have him earn a cheque far away from the ice. 

I'm always a sucker for redemption stories but the NHL doesn't give chances like it used to. Kassian's clock is ticking...

Archived