86Viking

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 21s21 seconds ago
Ben Smith (SJ) on waivers.

Ben Smith

Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jul 11 1988 -- Winston-Salem, NC 
[27 yrs. ago] 
Height 5.11 -- Weight 199 [180 cm/90 kg]

Be shocked if he doesn't clear. Only played 6 games for San Jose this year, recording no points

what a beauty.

even VC didn't think this was thread worthy

and elvis hasn't made everyone know that without mention of subject matter

and stank hasn't rolled his eyes at ben smith and/or you

and twilight hasn't gotten drunk yet... he's still drunk from yesterday

and stankylegs is not islam

waiver players get threads all the time. Maybe there should be a pinned thread where ALL waived players go and some get pages on responses and some get responses like yours.

You read the title of the thread if you felt it was pointless or you had no interest why did you click on it and make a reply, have to make yourself be heard?

I see a lot worse irrelevant or outrageous thread being made on here, where being feed the fire that started them so we get more and more useless posts by the same person

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

speaking of san jose their draft pick kevin labanc is sure lighting it up in the OHL as , I believe anyways an overager.   I think he is top 5 in points

Speaking of San Jose:

But back on topic, had one good year in Chicago and never seemed to replicate it. Making $1.5M so probably a bit more cap than anyone would want to take on via waivers.

56 minutes ago, Yotes said:

waiver players get threads all the time. Maybe there should be a pinned thread where ALL waived players go and some get pages on responses and some get responses like yours.

You read the title of the thread if you felt it was pointless or you had no interest why did you click on it and make a reply, have to make yourself be heard?

I see a lot worse irrelevant or outrageous thread being made on here, where being feed the fire that started them so we get more and more useless posts by the same person

nothing wrong with posting this thread Yotes.

Sure would be nice to talk hockey, thats the point of these forums, yet it never fails to have people post irrelevant useless comments.

Ya Smith is not a household nhl'er who will garner huge interest on the waiver wire but its still something hockey related that happened today. 

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

... Maybe there should be a pinned thread where ALL waived players go  ...

I'm not sure if you were serious about this or were using sarcasm in your response to someone, but I like this idea.  it could be something like the Minor Signings thread.

1 hour ago, tyhee said:

I'm not sure if you were serious about this or were using sarcasm in your response to someone, but I like this idea.  it could be something like the Minor Signings thread.

Waivers threads typically generate more discussion so individual threads make sense. Most of the minor signings are footnotes at best and generate little to no discussion so they're fine as individual posts within a single thread.

Archived