The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RGMG: The Sim

Kazmanian Devil

Quick Winnipeg recap.

Another finish at 27th overall. Led the league in goals against all year, somehow worse than Hartford. While this is again extremely disappointing, there are some reasons for optimism in Winnipeg.

Leading scorer--Nikolaj Ehlers. Bounce back year for Ehlers with 33 goals.

MVP--Blake Wheeler. Finished with 30 goals and was miraculously +16 on the worst defensive team in the league where the next best player was Ehlers at -2. Honestly, how the hell did he finish +16...

Defenseman of the year--Tobias Enstrom. Another decent season with 40 points.

Rookie of the year--Jesse Puljujarvi. Great first campaign with 26 goals and 44 points. Strong second half with a rookie of the month thrown in. Josh Morrissey a

close second with 32 points as a rookie dman.

Bust of the year--Dustin Byfuglien...again. Top minutes, different pairings, pp time and he under delivered again. 

Moving forward, early indications are all upcoming ufa's excerpt Rundblad will not return to Winnipeg including Pavelec, Thorburn, Perrault and more. The future of rfa's including Dano, Coop and others will be determined after the draft. Winnipeg will certainly be looking for upgrades on D, as well as very likely welcoming Kyle Connor, Eric Comrie and possibly other youngsters to the lineup. 

All in all a fantastic season for the Flames. Second worst record in the league to a Pacific division title. The battle of Alberta came down to the wire and it looks like we could be perennial contenders for the division. This is an awesome opportunity to face the defending Stanley Cup champions in the first round. I feel like if we can get through them we can win the whole thing. Best of luck @Time Lord it should be an awesome series!

Team Awards:

Team MVP: Johnny Gaudreau

Top Dman: Dougie Hamilton

Unsung Hero: Dennis Wideman

Most Exciting: Patrik Laine

Rookie of the Year: Patrik Laine

Biggest Surprise: Alex Barabanov

Top Goaltender: Andrei Vasilevskiy

34 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Cracking performance from the Devils down the stretch, with no regulation losses in the last 10 games. Mason Raymond and Devante Smith-Pelly were especially impressive and stepped up when it mattered the most. Drama will be at an all time high in our playoff series with @Alain Vigneault as our #2 centre-half Ian Cole returns to face his former club. 

Overall we made great strides this season, with new acquisitions such as Nazem Kadri, Sven Baertschi, Rick Nash, and Vyacheslav Voynov becoming integral parts of the team. Pavel Zacha also impressed greatly, finishing 3rd in league-wide rookie scoring. Derick Brassard however is very disappointing and I'd like an apology from @UMB.

Team Awards:

John MacLean Award - Leading Scorer:

Rick Nash

Scott Stevens Award - Team MVP:

Cory Schneider

Kirk Muller Award - Unsung Hero:

Jacob Josefson

Ken Daneyko Award - Best Defenseman:

Adam Larsson

Bobby Holik Award - Best Two-Way Forward:

Devante Smith-Pelly

Can you post rookie scoring leaders? 

33 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Quick predictions based off gut feelings and nothing else:

DAL 3 - 4 CHI

MIN 4 - 1 NSH

CGY 2 - 4 COL

EDM 2 - 4 ANA

PIT 4 - 0 NJD

NYR 4 - 2 WSH

DET 4 - 2 BOS

BUF 3 - 4 FLA

You do realize you beat me 7-3 this year in one of our games.   I also won 61 times and I can assure you nobody beat me as bad as that in the 20 or so losses I had.

I'd be shocked if I swept you.

Detroit's Team Awards:

Team MVP:  Zach Parise

Top Dman:  Ryan Suter

Unsung Hero: Danny Dekeyser

Most Exciting: Gustav Nyquist

Rookie of the Year:  Andreas Athanasiou

Biggest Surprise: Viktor Tikhonov

Top Goaltender: Petr Mrazek

Parise and Suter were both essential components of our bounce back year.  I brought them in to be difference makers and they were exactly that, carrying us from the basement of the league to a tie for 4th place in the league standings and the Atlantic Division Trophy in little over a calendar year.  

Mrazek came into his own by the end of the year and is now the stud we'd hoped he'd become.  Dekeyser has matured into a monster on defense.  An all around stud who is overshadowed by Suter, but is honestly not any less valuable to us.  Tikhonov was brought in as a depth piece to bring a touch of scoring to our 4th line and ended up outscoring the mighty Pavel Datsyuk, with 40 ponts.

I'm not sure if we played above expectations or that we just played so below expectations last year.  Nevertheless,  the expectations have been raised and anything less than reaching the Eastern Conference finals will be considered a let down.  And yes, the streak ended last year but this is the start of the new one.

Good luck @CaptainCanuck001    You seem like an excellent addition to our league and I wish you nothing but the best.

Edmonton Oilers Season Awards:

Team MVP: Taylor Hall

Top Defenseman: Andrej Sekera

Leading Scorer: Taylor Hall

Leading Goal Scorer: James Van Riemsdyk

Rookie of the Year: Jacob Chychrun

Unsung Hero: James Van Riemsdyk

Good year for the Oilers, another step forward has been taken. Looking forward to see how we do in the playoffs!

Archived