The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2016/17

Interesting playoff picture emerging in the East...

•  if the Cane's continue their surge and pass the NYR's, that sets them up with a first round match up with Philly. Both teams are strong but not with the playoff player depth of the CBJ's, PIT's and NYR's.

• that would set up a powerful, concentrated playoff player 1st round battle between the NYR's and the CBJ's, unless one team looks to maneuver out of one of the 2/3 spots.

• a PIT/FLA match up would be very close, with FLA having higher season points but both having a solid contingent of playoff players.

• potentially the closest match-up,  BOS/TBL are tight in regular season points and in playoff players.

In the West...

• the division leaders are set but their respective wildcard matchups are not, with Vancouver and Nashville neck in neck. SJS's aren't a guarantee for third in the division either, however they have a somewhat comfortable 130 point lead over Vancouver

• LA is set to play the SJS unless the Sharks falter and let Vancouver in. This is also going to be a tight series, whichever team secures the 3rd spot

• a great fight is set to be waged between #2 Winnipeg and #3 Dallas - great teams with a nice group of playoff players each

7 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

That one was fairly predictable? Been playing hurt for a while...

Still sucks, especially with all my injuries I have had lately. Hagelin, Sproul, Klein, Fehr and now Sharp. Pretty big names to be missing out on :(

2 minutes ago, Tylez said:

Still sucks, especially with all my injuries I have had lately. Hagelin, Sproul, Klein, Fehr and now Sharp. Pretty big names to be missing out on :(

Well?  When we made a claim for Sharp.  I wondered if he'd make it even to the first game, if awarded to us, before being shut down. He was that hurt.

Credit to him. He's UFA. It would have been easy to say I'm going to try and save myself, not risk making the injury worse. Played until his team was out.

But you created some depth for yourself. You'll be ok.

10 hours ago, Tylez said:

ughghghgh !@#*&@$(*@!^$()*@^$!*@&%*(@&!$_(@^&

Now Sharp gone for the rest of the season.........

Like it's going to be a huge loss.... Lol, Dallas are a few losses away from being eliminated I believe and I really thought they were going to be a playoff team and improve from last year. Clearly I was wrong haha.. But he would've been a player who could've finished on a high note and raise what he will command for free agency aka Loui Eriksson last season

10 hours ago, somethingvery said:

In the West...

• the division leaders are set but their respective wildcard matchups are not, with Vancouver and Nashville neck in neck. SJS's aren't a guarantee for third in the division either, however they have a somewhat comfortable 130 point lead over Vancouver

• LA is set to play the SJS unless the Sharks falter and let Vancouver in. This is also going to be a tight series, whichever team secures the 3rd spot

• a great fight is set to be waged between #2 Winnipeg and #3 Dallas - great teams with a nice group of playoff players each

It's going to be a war with whoever I face in the 1st round of the playoffs. Actually kind of nervous. Had Quick not been out for so long earlier in the year, Kings would be a front runner for a top 3 spot in the Pacific and heck he would've been a Vezina Candidate. On another note, Markov had a 3 point performance including a pair of nice goals, and he will play a big part in how my team and the Habs will do in the playoffs. They're a contender with Price. My defence and few of my forwards on Cup contenders will determine how my team does this year and praying few of them go on a Cup run. It will be certainly be interesting. Can't wait for the playoffs but nervous as hell 

35 minutes ago, Jaku said:

He's not that good :P you should just trade him to me ::D

In your dreams :lol:

12 minutes ago, Tylez said:

After 16 games away, Its nice to see thay Kevin Klein will slot back in tonight! Gotta make some more ground as AZ was on fire last night! 

The comeback is real and you know it ;) 

Archived