The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

I wonder if the Canucks would consider calling him up if the Bulls are eliminated tonight. Surely he can do as much as Hodgson did on the fourth line two years ago.

And you gotta think he brings more than Ebbett. He's a hard worker and brings some physical play. Plus he's defensively responsible.

He has to bring more than Ebbett. He's got the size, to go out and bang bodies if nothing else and it sounds like he's developed a decent flair for offense along with being exceptional in his defensive zone.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I wonder if the Canucks would consider calling him up if the Bulls are eliminated tonight. Surely he can do as much as Hodgson did on the fourth line two years ago.

And you gotta think he brings more than Ebbett. He's a hard worker and brings some physical play. Plus he's defensively responsible.

I'm not a fan of rushing young players into the NHL but, personally, I'd much rather have Gaunce on the 4th than Ebbett...

I'm not a fan of rushing young players into the NHL but, personally, I'd much rather have Gaunce on the 4th than Ebbett...

It wouldn't be rushing him. It would be providing him with a place to play if his season is over.

If he can show he's ready for the NHL great, if not he can always go back to junior next season.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Malcolm Subban finally showed up. He's supposedly the best goalie in junior hockey, but he's let in some absolute stinkers in this series.

That's what being a goalie is like, Roy had games were you'd wonder why he's even playing in the NHL, look at Miller this year, also look at Luongo and Cory, both are astonishing goalies and both have had some pretty crummy games.

That's just how hockey goes.

• Upvote 2

That's what being a goalie is like, Roy had games were you'd wonder why he's even playing in the NHL, look at Miller this year, also look at Luongo and Cory, both are astonishing goalies and both have had some pretty crummy games.

That's just how hockey goes.

And just like people pointed it out for those other goalies at the time, I'm pointing it out now for Subban. He's an elite goalie at his level, a big reason the Bulls do well, and if he's letting in stinkers, and 4-5 a game, they aren't getting very far. Good sign that he played well tonight. Hopefully he can play well in Barrie for the first time in the series.

Guest Gumballthechewy

If it is an insult to Ebbett what about Schroeder?

Personally I'm not a big fan of either of them to be totally honest.

Nice highlights, really liking Brendan's offense and vision. Thankful more and more that this kid fell to us.

I've only seen highlights but Subban looks like he was left hanging on many chances, especially in the first. Team D looks like a bit of a cluster%#$&. I wonder if this is typical.

Wishing I could see the whole series of the "Barnyard Brawl", looks like some exciting hockey.

Nice highlights, really liking Brendan's offense and vision. Thankful more and more that this kid fell to us.

I've only seen highlights but Subban looks like he was left hanging on many chances, especially in the first. Team D looks like a bit of a cluster%#$&. I wonder if this is typical.

Wishing I could see the whole series of the "Barnyard Brawl", looks like some exciting hockey.

leaving the goalie out to dry is quite common in junior hockey, that is why there was only 3 goalies this year under 2.5GAA all year. Average goaltending in the OHL is around 3GAA. Save %'s are quite good but there is so many quality scoring chances.

cant find any footage of gaunce's hit on scheifele anyone got video?