The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

/\/\ Nearly impossible, I'd say, if Nuge and co. are available.

Our boy sure has been getting killed on the score sheet lately. I guess there goes that 3rd line checking gig we figured he'd get as early as next year. :rolleyes:

BTW, is it just me or has overall scoring in the OHL gone down the last few seasons? Copying the (lack of) entertainment quotient of the NHL, I see.

I don't know if it has gone down - the upcoming draft is supposed to be the deepest since 2008, and last year's draft was pretty solid itself. Maybe good competition is driving the scoring down - like how the NHL scoring went down with player quality going up.

I don't know if it has gone down - the upcoming draft is supposed to be the deepest since 2008, and last year's draft was pretty solid itself. Maybe good competition is driving the scoring down - like how the NHL scoring went down with player quality going up.

Hmm, I don't know about that though. Seems that all the obstruction and interference lately has more to do with it.

Yeah... it's not looking too good for those people who claimed Gaunce will make the NHL as soon as next year. Looks like he's going to need some more time.

Well, if you listen to everything you hear on CDC as the opinion of someone knowledgeable, then I have some stock I'd like to advise you on buying. Money goes through me and I'll invest it for you.

He's NHL ready physically, but likely has to develop his game a little more mentally and be ready for the faster pace of the NHL.

CDC on Gaunce at start of season! Gonna be an NHLer next year! What a steal!

Gaunce right after start of season! Oh man, this guy isn't as good as we thought... Needs to work on his defense and should be dominating on offense... Not going to get a sniff of the Canucks for years!

#smallsample

And the fact that most people on here haven't even actually watched him play. People just look at the -8 and assume that it's all his fault.

In reality, he may be paired with a weak D pair, and he's likely being played against other teams top lines. It's not like he's a bad player on a good team, it's the opposite. He's a good player on a bad team (with a good goaltender).

• Upvote 2

I hope he makes the world juniors this year, but he's going to have to pick up his defensive game a bit if he want's to be their checking line center. I heard it's on bigger ice and his skating is a little weak so he might not make the team.....

If the lockout is still effect by December, I don't see any chance he even gets an invite...considering the likes of RNH, Monahan, Jenner, Mcneill, Strome and Scheifle just to name a few that'd be present. I mean, regardless of a lockout or not there's still a slim chance he'd make the team.

If the lockout is still effect by December, I don't see any chance he even gets an invite...considering the likes of RNH, Monahan, Jenner, Mcneill, Strome and Scheifle just to name a few that'd be present. I mean, regardless of a lockout or not there's still a slim chance he'd make the team.

Yeah I agree, if the lockouts still on he won't get an invite. But if there is no lockout he could maybe grab the 4th line center spot. Hockey Canada doesn't seem to like having too many 17 year olds on their team so you never know.

I hope he makes the world juniors this year, but he's going to have to pick up his defensive game a bit if he want's to be their checking line center. I heard it's on bigger ice and his skating is a little weak so he might not make the team.....

The bigger ice shouldn't be an issue since the Bulls play on International Sized ice already.

Well, if you listen to everything you hear on CDC as the opinion of someone knowledgeable, then I have some stock I'd like to advise you on buying. Money goes through me and I'll invest it for you.

He's NHL ready physically, but likely has to develop his game a little more mentally and be ready for the faster pace of the NHL.

Thanks for you condescenion but who says i blindly listen to what cdc says?

I guess it depends what you expected of him. I had him being a lot more influential in the outcome of the games and the bulls were at least expected to be a decent team. It wouldve taken him a couple more years even if he had a stellar season imo. Sure, he could improve over the course of the season, but his recent play shows that CDCers who expected him to join as soon as next year just bc he was physically ready were probably wrong.

Guance is a good player. I have seen him play many times in the O. He's not a superstar and the talk of him being NHL ready is premature. He is likely not a candidate for team Canada. The best thing for him would be to get out of Bellville. Playing on the big ice that often is bad. If you notice the Bulls are much, much better at home due to the unique ice they have but can't do anything on the road.

Edited by bd71

The Generals win 4-3 off a goal from Laughton...

Subban absolutely stunk it up. Let in 3 long shots, with a couple of them bouncing off his glove, including the game winner. Crappy way to end it after they tied it late.

The good news is Gaunce got a goal and played awesome defensively. Blocked alot of shots, and was constantly clearing the puck on the pk.

The Generals are a much better team though. They have Jenner, Laughton, Biggs, and Lessio. To think they could of even had Jensen on the team too.