The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

gaunce reminds me of sammy pahlsson type player. 3rd line shut down center who can chip in offfensively here and there.

He has much more skill then that. He has a scorers touch with his shot and is a very under rated passer. The thing that may hold him back is his skating.

He has much more skill then that. He has a scorers touch with his shot and is a very under rated passer. The thing that may hold him back is his skating.

And that's a soft 'may' as a number of scouts have said his skating isn't really bad at all. It may not be elite or even above average, but he does skate fairly well north-south and it may only be certain aspects of his skating (first step and agility) that need any work.

Well I did talk to him yesterday. All random questions about him personally.

Says he golfs almost every single day in the offseason, likes COD, NHL and NFL games. When I asked what he thought of his overall rating in NHL13 (57) he kinda winced and then laughed and said "not much I can do about it".

Prefers winter over summer, loves sushi, sister had a baby this summer.

Pretty unexciting stuff haha, at least he smiled during the interview, something I hadn't seen before

• Upvote 1

And that's a soft 'may' as a number of scouts have said his skating isn't really bad at all. It may not be elite or even above average, but he does skate fairly well north-south and it may only be certain aspects of his skating (first step and agility) that need any work.

That's why I am not really all that concerned with the Canucks taking him. You never know, he may reach elite level skills, but at the very least I think the Canucks have a future second line center here!

• Upvote 1

Gaunce also plays on a international sized ice surface in belleville which takes better skating to be effective on which BG has proven he can. So i dont think his skating will be a issue once hes playing on a smaller NHL sized rink full time.

Gaunce also plays on a international sized ice surface in belleville which takes better skating to be effective on which BG has proven he can. So i dont think his skating will be a issue once hes playing on a smaller NHL sized rink full time.

Is Belleville's rink actually bigger than the N.A size?

They said the exact same thing about Hodgson.

Skating can be improved.

Hodgson still looks like he is treading quicksand. This is coming from a huge Hodgson nut-hugger as well. He has short legs, and therefore a short stride. He has maxed out what god gave him. He won't be getting any faster.

Good thing about Gaunce is that he is alot taller, has longer legs, and his stride has room to improve.

When I asked what he thought of his overall rating in NHL13 (57) he kinda winced and then laughed and said "not much I can do about it".

That's weird. In my dynasty he gets drafted 1st overall. I had to trade for him. He was like a 70 something right away with 4.5 stars potential. He put up 1 PPG in the AHL, and is now centering my 3rd line. He is an 86 overall and is 1 PPG as the 3rd line C. I'm planning on trading Kesler now.

Maybe his rating went down after an update?

Is Belleville's rink actually bigger than the N.A size?

Yes, it is an international sized ice surface.

From the wiki page for the arena:

The arena has an international sized ice surface of 200 ft. length by 100 ft. width. It is the largest ice surface in the Ontario Hockey League.
Edited by elvis15

That's weird. In my dynasty he gets drafted 1st overall. I had to trade for him. He was like a 70 something right away with 4.5 stars potential. He put up 1 PPG in the AHL, and is now centering my 3rd line. He is an 86 overall and is 1 PPG as the 3rd line C. I'm planning on trading Kesler now.

Maybe his rating went down after an update?

Must have, I have the most recent update, he started at 57 and after two years in junior he was around a 63. After 4 years in the AHL he got up to an 84, then dropped to 82 the year after.

Must have, I have the most recent update, he started at 57 and after two years in junior he was around a 63. After 4 years in the AHL he got up to an 84, then dropped to 82 the year after.

That's really strange. What pissed me off is that Jensen is ranked at 66 with a 2.5 star potential. He gets scratched on my AHL team even.