The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Hopefully he'll still be in the mix for selection to the WJHC squad, but not being able to play in the Super Series might hurt his chances.

I find the WJHC has become a bit much in terms of the obsessive way Canadians have started to follow the tournament. My interest is still there but it'd be more fun to watch knowing that one of our prospects is on Team Canada. Allows Canucks fans to watch with a bit more analytic mind. Otherwise it can be a bit tiring to watch the "jump into the boards" goal celebrations over and over and over after every goal IMO.

Ah injured now, I don't like the way his season is going at all.

Neither does he... what is he soft now? The very best players in the world get injured. Speaking from no experience on the guy I'll shut up. But I will comment as far as to say you've made a thoughtless statement.

Neither does he... what is he soft now? The very best players in the world get injured. Speaking from no experience on the guy I'll shut up. But I will comment as far as to say you've made a thoughtless statement.

He never mentioned anything about being soft, just how he doesn't like how his season is going so far..... He's almost a point a game guy however and his penalty killing is top notch. I really like this guy and can see his bottom being a third line centre but I think his ceiling is much much higher.

I'm not just talking about his injury... he was a -8 at one point in the season and is still a minus I'm pretty sure. Some of that has to do with the team obviously.

I didn't say I don't like him or how he's playing just not how his season is going for him so far.

Edit: ^^^ guess he beat me to it haha

Edited by TheGame.

Yea the dates aren't looking good to see Gaunce in the WJ, where he'd be a returning vet if I'm not mistaken.

Another other of our prospects in the WJHC ?

Gaunce wasn't on the 2012 WJHC team? But Jensen is more than likely our only prospect that will be in the tournament. (hopefully I'm wrong :|)

Even then - it is highly unlikely.

Too much talent even without the NHL players in the line-up.

without the NHL players it would have been possible if they wanted at least 1 quasi defensive line, but even then his slow start didn't help, and this injury pretty much seals it, even if the lockout ends before the WJC.

without the NHL players it would have been possible if they wanted at least 1 quasi defensive line, but even then his slow start didn't help, and this injury pretty much seals it, even if the lockout ends before the WJC.

That's why I said highly unlikely.

If you look at the roster of the Canada-Russia challenge during the summer - Huberdeau was the only lock (on Forward) to be in the NHL. I doubt that Strome and Schiefile would've been in the NHL. So that opens one, maybe two spots.

But you got - Druin, Mackinnon, Lazar, Griffith, Wilson, St. Croix, Sissons, Mcneil also battling for those spots.

I'm not just talking about his injury... he was a -8 at one point in the season and is still a minus I'm pretty sure. Some of that has to do with the team obviously.

I didn't say I don't like him or how he's playing just not how his season is going for him so far.

Edit: ^^^ guess he beat me to it haha

The minus doesn't really match up with how the Bulls are doing. They are 7-3-1 so far and have scored a fair amount more than they have let in. His current -6 isn't great. Most of it is one bad game but still.

He is way down the list in scoring this year. I had expected more but it is sometimes hard to bounce back after your draft year. It is pretty common for a guy who was drafted fairly high to struggle a bit in the following season. Look at Jensen last year. He took a while to get going and didn't have a spectacular season in the OHL. Even guys like Dougie Hamilton, Hubredeau, etc. can struggle in junior after being drafted. Doesn't worry me much. Guance is a solid player.

I was impressed he got the one game Super Series invite. It's too bad he will miss that. It's a great chance to impress for the WHJC team.

The minus doesn't really match up with how the Bulls are doing. They are 7-3-1 so far and have scored a fair amount more than they have let in. His current -6 isn't great. Most of it is one bad game but still.

He is way down the list in scoring this year. I had expected more but it is sometimes hard to bounce back after your draft year. It is pretty common for a guy who was drafted fairly high to struggle a bit in the following season. Look at Jensen last year. He took a while to get going and didn't have a spectacular season in the OHL. Even guys like Dougie Hamilton, Hubredeau, etc. can struggle in junior after being drafted. Doesn't worry me much. Guance is a solid player.

I was impressed he got the one game Super Series invite. It's too bad he will miss that. It's a great chance to impress for the WHJC team.

Yeah, hopefully he recovers fast.

Since I highly doubt there will be any NHL this year getting a roster spot on the WJ team will be a plum. It could rival the 2004 WJ's for talent.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Since I highly doubt there will be any NHL this year getting a roster spot on the WJ team will be a plum. It could rival the 2004 WJ's for talent.

Yeah, I'm getting excited for it!

• 2 weeks later...

I might be going to talk to Gaunce today, doing a story on him for school.

If I talk to him I'll let you guys know what he says, I'm asking him questions about him, not hockey, as my story is focusing on "Getting to know the real Brendan Gaunce"

• Upvote 1