The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I like that. alot of people are going to be disappointed when he doesnt put up 50 points next season. but I do think he can prove more valuable than all of our bottom 6 and some of our top 6.

Higgins, Santorelli/UFA/Trade, Horvat.

That's my third line next year if I'm Torts pencil. FWIW... Santorelli shoots right, Horvat left allowing them to swap for face offs on their strong sides.

Horvat is either our 3c or our 2lw, he shoots left

Hard to not put him on the 2nd line, he'd be dynamic with Kesler.

But I see why we want him on the third line immediately.

Tough call. I see him initially getting 3c but when his skill becomes apparent he's gonna be 2C with Kesler on his wing, and Gaunce as the 3C

I like that. alot of people are going to be disappointed when he doesnt put up 50 points next season. but I do think he can prove more valuable than all of our bottom 6 and some of our top 6.

People are expecting Horvat to pot 50 points in his first season? Damn.

I'd just be happy if he makes the team full time.

Tough call. I see him initially getting 3c but when his skill becomes apparent he's gonna be 2C with Kesler on his wing, and Gaunce as the 3C

I don't think Guance will be ready next season, he will need time in the AHL. I only see Horvat making the jump next year and bottom 6 guys like Lain and Archie.

I would rather have Guance playing big minutes with Fox, Jensen and Shinkaruk in the AHL next year than sheltered minutes under Torts.

I don't think Guance will be ready next season, he will need time in the AHL. I only see Horvat making the jump next year and bottom 6 guys like Lain and Archie.

I would rather have Guance playing big minutes with Fox, Jensen and Shinkaruk in the AHL next year than sheltered minutes under Torts.

Meh if his speed improves over the Summer its a 1:3 chance.

Meh if his speed improves over the Summer its a 1:3 chance.

Gaunce would be 4th C then because I highly doubt Horvat plays on the 2nd line in his first year. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if BoHo did play well enough to play on the 2nd line in his 1st year. Even then though we might have guys like Santo or maybe a UFA that may fit that 3rd line C role better. Lain is a better fit as 4th C.

Again, I would rather him continue to play with Fox and either Jensen or Shinkaruk next year getting 20 minutes a game playing PP and PK minutes opposed to most likely 5-10 minutes under Torts, similar situation with Corrado.

Gaunce, like Corrado, should be one of our 1st call-ups from the AHL if we really get hit hard by injuries like we did this year.

I am just very optimistic, both Horvat and Gaunce out perform the majority of our team next camp. I don't think players like Hansen, and Dalphe/Booth will compare.

Booth should be bought out, Santo made Hansen expendable and Dalpe should be in the AHL. Also forgot we have Schroeder so I don't see Gaunce outperforming a majority of NHLers and even some AHLers that have played well in his first year.

I would like to see our rookies in the NHL as much as the next guy but we have to be patient with them.

Try not to be too optimistic, you will see yourself disappointed a lot.

Burrows also shoots left and plays right wing FWIW ;)

I still say Horvat as 3C or 3W. Him or Higgins will be playing on their off-wing (when/if Horvat isn't playing C).

Sedin, Sedin, Burrows,

UFA, Kesler, Kassian

Higgins, Santorelli/UFA, Horvat

Sestito, Richardson, Lain

IMO

Edited by J.R.

I think Horvat is a better player than Monahan, or Valeri.

We made a call to develop him one more year with Dale Hunter.

And a chance for the WJ, and Memorial Cup.

Gaunce was just barely snubbed for the WJ, and then was traded to a team hoping to win the Memorial Cup as well.

Both these guys would immeidately be our biggest forwards along with Kassian and Sestito.

The game is getting younger, let's see what happens at camp.

I think Horvat is a better player than Monahan, or Valeri.

We made a call to develop him one more year with Dale Hunter.

And a chance for the WJ, and Memorial Cup.

Gaunce was just barely snubbed for the WJ, and then was traded to a team hoping to win the Memorial Cup as well.

Both these guys would immeidately be our biggest forwards along with Kassian and Sestito.

The game is getting younger, let's see what happens at camp.

I'll be happy as @#$% if Gaunce is ready too but my crystal ball sees him in a Utica jersey personally.