The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

If anyone is still unsure about a pick this year > can discuss roster players Matt Moulson ($750k retained), prospect Christian Thomas who had NHL games LY, Stephen Gionta for a pick or picks.

Can also swap a 4th 2017 for this...

Calgary Flames 2016 Draft

F - Sebastian Aho

F - Oskar Lindblom

F - Danton Heinen

F - Francis Perron 

F - Dmitry Sokolov

D - Louis Belpedio

G - Vitek Vanecek

Overall happy with the outcome for the most part. Most of these guys should be in the AHL next year and Aho will probably be on the main roster. 

Montreal had a productive day. Coming into the night with the 20th and 110th picks, the Habs managed to trade down from 20 to 27 and 57, and then moved up from 57 to 37 by moving a 2017 2nd round pick.

F - German Rubtsov (27th)

F - Aleksi Saarela (37th)

D - Guillaume Brisebois (110th)

We're thrilled to have traded down to 27th and still had Rubtsov available to us, and while we paid a premium we really wanted Saarela. As for Brisebois, we figure that Lindenning will fast-track this guy to the show so I thought I'd hop on for the ride. :) 

The Blues are finished with the 2016 Draft.

I could kick my Butt and my Alarm Clock for missing the 1st Round.:picard:

We are pleased that was able to pick Jordan Kyrou in kinda the 3rd Round though.

With Tyler Parsons we picked a really good Goalie Prospect , that was our Main Goal this Season.

Luke  Green and Matt Filipe are good Picks who could have gone earlier in the Draft.

So we are pleased at all ....

STL 2016 Draft Class

#22 - F Jordan Kyrou

#86 - G Tyler Parsons

#97- D Luke Green

#118 - F Matt Filipe 

Funny thing happened to us Friday night?

Went to a hockey game down here in Australia.  A Canada vs US friendly.  Mostly ECHL & a few AHL guys.  Plus the odd "headliner!"  Played in front of 17,000 though > the biggestcrowd some of these boys had ever seen.  So they were excited and played hard.

We got dressed up in all our Canuck garb.  Idea was wear your teams colours.  My wife and daughter refused to wear some autographed Jets & TOML uni's I had.  So I had to get some extra game day.  More pressure than the beginning of this draft...

In this case, LOL, John Scott.  But also Scott Darling in net, Ben Scrivens, couple of prospects (Emerson Etem came 2 years ago), & Adam Cracknell.  There were more talented guys but he was best on ice because he simply made smart plays.  Huge MoFo D man for Canada called Nolan Yonkman was also very good.  Lost an inch to Scott but handily outweighed him & skated circles around big John.  Oh, the funny thing?

Ben Scrivens played off his mind! :wacko: 

Canada won 8-2 while being outshot two to one. Darling sucked! (Is he even American? Scrivens was quick, sealed holes, sharp with his glove.  Dunno what happens in real life?

Leafs 2016 draftees:

17. Dante Fabbro

31. Cameron Morrison

36.  Jake Walman

57.  Carter Hart

63. Adam Mascherin

93. Janne Kuokkanen

96. James D. Greenway

107. Trent Frederic

112. Wade Allison

Welcome to hell the Toronto Maple Leafs!

It's a bittersweet day in Laffsland.

We welcome a new generation of Leafs.

And in the same breath, it's with great sadness that we officially say goodbye to our Captain and wish him all the best back in the Motherland.

The Leafs reluctantly terminate the contract of Pavel Datsyuk, one of the greatest wizards to ever play the game.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/06/18/pavel-datsyuk-saying-goodbye-to-hockeytown-and-nhl-heading-home-to-russia/

Pavel Datsyuk 2-12-16

The Post Pavel D Leafs: 
Boone Jenner – Alex Wennberg – Artemi Panarin
Brock Nelson - Mikael Backlund - Cody Eakin
Josh Bailey - Vlad Namestnikov – Brandon Pirri
Oscar Lindberg - Jared McCann – Austin Watson

TJ Brodie - Jacob Trouba
Dennis Wideman - Kris Russell
Brian DuMoulin – Mike Reilly

Anthony Bitetto

Jonathon Quick

Saskatoon Blades of Glory Roster:

Emile Poirier - Tyler Graovac - Michael Mersch
Nikita Gusev - Adam Tambellini  - TJ Tynan 
Dominic Turgeon - Marek Tvrdon 

Connor Carrick – Anthony DeAngelo
Andrey Pedan – Stuart Percy
Brett Kulak - Matt Donovan

Mackenzie Skapski
Mason McDonald

Unsigned prosects:

2015: Werenski, Chabot, Kylington, Bittner, Hicketts, Nattinen
2016: Fabbro, Morrison, Walman, Hart, Mascherin, Kuokkanen, Greenway, Frederic, Allison

49 minutes ago, theminister said:

14th - Jakob Chychrun

15th - Logan Brown

44th - Marcus Niemelainen

45th - Boris Katchouk

52th - Nicolas Roy 

68th - Filip Gustavsson

73rd - Samuel Girard

77th - Joey Anderson

84th - Mitchell Mattson

105th - Andrew Peeke

Ok.....I'm happy. 

Those two in particular strike me as insanely good value (then again, I love a lot of those picks).

Now you just have to cross your fingers that the Leafs don't take Chychrun 1st overallol.

So what a day?   :(

I have a call to the owners office over flapping up the entry to the draft.  Pierre Luc Dubois was our plan.  We'll have to see how that chat goes.  Was very hard to stay in it after that.  But no excuses, that was our fault! We'll see how that conversation goes?

There are always questions after any pick. But first round gaffe aside, and as big an error as it was, we believed we otherwise served our franchise well. Much bigger fill of prospects in our tank after this draft & many with upside;

Brett Howden > Big 2 way C with plenty of game, and some upside, 22knd NA skater by Central Scouting picked 29th overall.

Tyler Benson > was going D or G, but the 24th ranked skater was avail at 62. Injuries curtailed his results, a steal?

Henrik Borgstrom > again was going D or G, but targets were grabbed. Could not resist a 6'3" speedy & skilled Euro 2 way centre.

Frederic Allard > A tenacious & quick, skilled 6'1" two way D who scored 59 points in the Q. Ranked 32 by Central Scouting at 92.

Lucas Carlsson > Tremendously skilled, slick offensive D with burners. 15th ranked EU skater already has 35 SHL games at 18 YO.

All in all we feel the Oilers have exciting talent to add which will start pressing to improve the Oilers!

43 minutes ago, theminister said:

14th - Jakob Chychrun

15th - Logan Brown

44th - Marcus Niemelainen

45th - Boris Katchouk

52th - Nicolas Roy 

68th - Filip Gustavsson

73rd - Samuel Girard

77th - Joey Anderson

84th - Mitchell Mattson

105th - Andrew Peeke

Ok.....I'm happy.