Canucks Community

( Proposal ) Vancouver - Edmonton

To Edmonton

Chris Tanev

Brandon Sutter

To Vancouver

4th Overall in 2016

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

While this would make the Oilers competitive immediately it would also give the Canucks 2 top 5 picks in a very good draft and a former first overall who doesn't fit in Edmonton anymore .

win - win ?

9 minutes ago, Kelly Green said:

I think Tanev is worth the 4th , and Sutter worth R.N.H. considering his contract

maybe others picks too idk ?  :-)

I love Tanev. I don't even think him for the #4 is that bad. 

But Sutter for RNH that is bad for the Oilers. Remove RNH and Sutter and it makes a bit more sense. A fairly young top pairing shutdown defenseman signed to a good contract for the #4 pick. Although I still feel that #4 has more value than Tanev.

17 minutes ago, Toews said:

I love Tanev. I don't even think him for the #4 is that bad. 

But Sutter for RNH that is bad for the Oilers. Remove RNH and Sutter and it makes a bit more sense. A fairly young top pairing shutdown defenseman signed to a good contract for the #4 pick isn't that bad. Although I still feel that #4 has more value than Tanev.

You are probably right , this is one of my few attempts at proposals :-D

I think Todd Mclelland would be doing backflips at the thought of moving Hopkins for Sutter , business wise maybe it doesn't make sense though ?

Hockey wise I think it's a good move for them because Sutter fits the third-line , shut down type of center a top end heavy team like Edmontoncould really use

I think Tanev is among the leagues most underrated and under appreciated Dmen, but this trade is brutal for the Oilers. They are essentially trading two young high end forwards for a fringe 2/3 center and as much as I love Tanev, he is very much not the number 1 dman they need or would pay for. Also, what is the fascination with trading Tanev? Do people not get how great he really is, and how reasonable his contract is? I feel like if a dman doesn't score 50 points or hit like Gudbranson, people blow them off as useless player. 

Why create a hole by offering up our best D-man in Tanev and our best F/O (remember we got killed in the circle with sutts out) and PK guy for the 4th ovr? We already have the 5th. We dont need a small, fragile C who cant play D, would rather draft Dubois and be done with it. That is all I am hoping for, unless we can snag that 3 spot for my man Pooljarvi! 

Tanev and Sutter together could maybe get the 4th, but there's no way they'd get that and RNH. Even at that point, there's no way the Canucks would consider flipping those two players for the 4th overall because our current agenda is to be competitive. What's with all these terrible proposals popping up right when the dislike button returns??? 

43 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Tanev & Sutter for Yak and the 4th?

Probably enough to get it done, however I would not give up Tanev and Sutter for 4th overall and Yak. 4th +2nd & 3rd maybe but I don't think they have the cap to take on 9 mil

3 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Tanev & Sutter for Yak and the 4th?

I would do that deal for sure !

imo Yakupov has a higher value than R.N.H. and had some chemistry with Mcdavid last year , not sure they are actually trying to move him despite the rumors

3 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

Probably enough to get it done, however I would not give up Tanev and Sutter for 4th overall and Yak. 4th +2nd & 3rd maybe but I don't think they have the cap to take on 9 mil

To be honest I wouldn't ever make this trade, but that's what Edmonton would counter with.

Archived