The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your favorite fruit just got hitched!

73 Percent

32 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Congrats. You look like a cute couple. Thanks for sharing. Puts a smile to any face.

Dem bridesmaids though. :wub: I recently was at my cousins wedding, was pretty big and open bar.

Must of been a hell of a night.

Yeah we had around 200 open bar. Gave er pretty hard last night. 

46 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

But did you have a BOchelor party (or Vrbachelor party??) the night before?

Congratulations

Haha me and my boys went to Chicago back in June.  Although we put in a full shift at the bar on Friday night too. Couple of them werent in the best of shape yesterday.  

I also had a stag back in April although I heard that those aren't as popular outside of southern ontario. 

37 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

They have to be a few nights before or half the grooms in the world would never make their wedding

Why do men have such a hard time resisting alcohol? My boyfriend is utterly powerless to its charms and wiles. 

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Haha me and my boys went to Chicago back in June.  Although we put in a full shift at the bar on Friday night too. Couple of them werent in the best of shape yesterday.  

I also had a stag back in April although I heard that those aren't as popular outside of southern ontario. 

I think they do stags in England. It's all the same though; a party's a party! 

23 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Why do men have such a hard time resisting alcohol? My boyfriend is utterly powerless to its charms and wiles. 

I think they do stags in England. It's all the same though; a party's a party! 

I've met plenty of women over the years that can pound down good amounts of alcohol.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I've met plenty of women over the years that can pound down good amounts of alcohol.

I don't know any women personally that make a habit of proclaiming they won't drink and proceeding to get trashed. It's a recurring event with almost all of my male acquaintances. 

Then again, I am not a big drinker at all. Maybe it's just the love of alcohol in general that confuses me.

2 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

But did you have a BOchelor party (or Vrbachelor party??) the night before?

Congratulations

Prust, pls. They're children here. Get this abomination out of here.

Congrats dude!   

What a great time in life it is when you get to marry a smoking hot blonde!

look out tho, next come the kids!

my wife and I decided before we got married we weren't gonna have kids.  

A couple weeks after the wedding she said she kinda wanted one.  

A couple months after that, she got pregnant.  

We just had our baby girl on Wednesday! 

How life changes after marriage. For the better of course!

Congrats!!

29 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Congrats dude!   

Congrats!!

Oh man that's great congrats on your child! Me and my bride have agreed some while ago that we want one child. We're going to wait for about a year before we start trying. I'm very nervous about that. I would be just shattered if I found out I coulent have kids.

50 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Congrats dude!   

Congrats!!

What was that conversation like? I'm always curious about couples who don't want kids, but then have them (and seemingly are just thrilled to be having them). Did you always want kids but were ambivalent? Did you really just change your mind?

28 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

What was that conversation like? I'm always curious about couples who don't want kids, but then have them (and seemingly are just thrilled to be having them). Did you always want kids but were ambivalent? Did you really just change your mind?

I do a lot of travelling for my job.  And I love it.  ive got a dream job. 

My wife has an awesome career as well.  

Together we were planning on retiring at 40-45 without kids. 

After the the wedding we spent a lot of time with family. We did a lot of travelling to see everyone and spend a decent amount of time together.  

I remember a certain convo with her uncle one night that I could see in her face that he convinced her she wanted kids. 

(I won't go deep into, but along the lines of 'you can have all the money in the world, but it doesn't mean a thing if you don't have a family to share it with.the feeling of creation, growing old and watching it grow, etc.....)

she started bringing up the topic a lot.  

Personally, I always wanted a kid, but when I started seeing how awesome my life was and where it was going, I didn't want anything to get in the way of that. I always sort of felt a bit selfish for thinking like this, so I guess It wasn't hard to convince me.  

With a bunch of meeting with my bankers, I figured out a way to still retire fairly early. 

And let's be honest.   My job is a lot of work, but it's what I've done since I was 5.  I'm not going to quit when I retire. Might as well just keep getting paid for it. 

55 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Oh man that's great congrats on your child! Me and my bride have agreed some while ago that we want one child. We're going to wait for about a year before we start trying. I'm very nervous about that. I would be just shattered if I found out I coulent have kids.

That's not something to worry about these days.   The trying is the best part!!

there has been so much research done and so many ways they can help you if needed. 

It might be a bit expensive but pretty successful.

Dont smoke, and wear saxx. Your boys comfort is more important than you think. Haha

On 7/17/2016 at 8:55 AM, Gooseberries said:

Hey guys. Sorry if I seem like I'm fishing for attention but you are in a way like family to me. It's a slow offseason right now so I thought Id share some big news with you. GOOSEBERRIES TIED THE KNOT LAST NIGHT!  My bride was gorgeous and I had the time of my life. On cloud 9 right now :).

FB_IMG_1468770611155.jpg

Congratulations @Gooseberries !  :towel:

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/07/2016 at 8:21 PM, drummerboy said:

I do a lot of travelling for my job.  And I love it.  ive got a dream job. 

My wife has an awesome career as well.  

Together we were planning on retiring at 40-45 without kids. 

After the the wedding we spent a lot of time with family. We did a lot of travelling to see everyone and spend a decent amount of time together.  

I remember a certain convo with her uncle one night that I could see in her face that he convinced her she wanted kids. 

(I won't go deep into, but along the lines of 'you can have all the money in the world, but it doesn't mean a thing if you don't have a family to share it with.the feeling of creation, growing old and watching it grow, etc.....)

she started bringing up the topic a lot.  

Personally, I always wanted a kid, but when I started seeing how awesome my life was and where it was going, I didn't want anything to get in the way of that. I always sort of felt a bit selfish for thinking like this, so I guess It wasn't hard to convince me.  

With a bunch of meeting with my bankers, I figured out a way to still retire fairly early. 

And let's be honest.   My job is a lot of work, but it's what I've done since I was 5.  I'm not going to quit when I retire. Might as well just keep getting paid for it. 

Can I ask what your career is that has you thinking of retiring that early? Also how old are you (ball park is fine) . I'm quite curious, you have peaked my interest.

Archived