The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

4 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Demand for tickets tonight seems high for a Tuesday Avalanche game.  Maybe Brock is actually getting people interested.  

Good because if I speak for myself after attending the awful game against Buffalo I really don't feel like going again this year. 

Hey All.

Lurker and longtime fan's intro post. 

I keep in mind years ago asking about season ticket availability and being chortled at.

Oh well a losing team opens up new fan possibilities.

A couple of quarter seasons for the first time and off to a great start for our attendance record.

Chicago, San Jose, Edmonton, L.A. all wins, our only loss being pre season Vegas.

Beginners luck for sure.:unsure:

Our Canucks rep accessible during the early "courting/honeymoon" period now rarely

answers the phone so we deal with whoever does.

Last game we noticed him approach then take a seat with a couple three down from us.

"He's gonna come and introduce himself to us" I mentioned to my wife.

"What for" she said. "Working the crowd..paying attention to the fan base" my reply.

So after a bit the three rise share a hug and he leaves.

"His parents" my wife says. Surely us quarters are small fish in the sea.

We watch all the games, have for years until the station gets changed during a painful shellacking

and attending is icing on the cake but the thing is we travel six hours from the interior to Vancouver.

We're struggling with resubscribing next season and wondering if anyone would sell us a handful of

centre ice lower bowl (club?) seats through out the season next year?

With that said we've two offensive perimeter lower bowl seats for the Boston game if anyone is interested?

Can't say I plan on posting much here but while I've your ear......

The Sedins aren't going anywhere and like Bertuzzi said "the franchise and the twins owe it to each other to work it out".

Two million or so for another season I say.

Bo is our next captain and only power forward. Henrik presents him with the C at the end of this season.

Baer is slick and worth hanging on to.

As much as Edler frustrates me he's a beast at times and isn't going any where so another season will be fine.

Poor Loui and his albatross contract.

Tanev is a heart and soul guy and by far our #1 D man.

Brock (our sniper) deserves the Calder and we need it for him....along with 8 million or so in 20/21?

Sad for all Dorsett forced to hang em up.

Vanek the best UFA signing. Why lose one of our highest scorers? Looks like he enjoys playing..I enjoy watching.

Goldobin's history. He's lost in the bigs. No board battles or push. Back to the motherland sorry.

Keep hoping for Jake. Big and quick he's just gotta figure out his role and positioning.

Stetch/Biega firecrackers. Little pounding worker bots...awesome.

Del Zotto worth every penny "grinds" well.

Pouliot smooth...give him some time.

On the fence about Hutton, Gudbranson, Gagne. Character guys no doubt!

How can Dowd win so many face-offs? What a steal for Subban.

Go Gaunce.

Marky #1, Anders keeping the seat warm for Demko's arrival...mid next season?

Green,Benning and Linden big thumbs up. We are in good hands.

Petterson,Gaudette,Lind,Gadjovich,Chatfield,Joulevi and our 4th overall this year...good to go.

Looking out the window it's time to put the laptop down and go fire up the shovel and snowblower.

GO CANUCKS.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:46 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

Talk about high demand look at the Boston game. Might end up beating the Leafs game... very weird.

Yeah I am not sure what's going on there.  Who expected that.  

Anyone load up on the Boston game??

I don't know if it's tops the Leaf game...but will be in this year's top 3.

I wonder when the Canucks will send renewals out this year. Last year the renewal started on February 25. I expect this year it might start a bit later, because the Canucks could make some serious moves at the deadline (Vanek, maybe a D-man, etc) and they will want to spin that into renewals.

I am also curious how the "auto-renewal" process is going to work. Last year, in case you forgot, the Canucks offered to waive the fees for monthly payment packages in exchange for their ticket holders to agree to have their package automatically renewed. They said they would e-mail everyone and let them know about renewals (reminder). But the bottom line is, this year if you want to cancel your tickets, you will need to likely contact your rep. I am guessing they are probably training their reps on retention tactics now.

Finally, I wonder about price increases. Last year the Canucks had the guts to jack up prices across the arena and it didn't work out well for them, as attendance hit 15 year lows this year. If they raise prices again this season obviously attendance will continue to drop, just my two cents. They need to keep prices where they are until the Canucks win a playoff round.

20 hours ago, BCNeil said:

ya weird.. tickets were cheap before.. seems like last 2 weeks or so prices went up... stubhub was around $40US for a long time.. then its close to $80US the past week or 2..  not sure if it got to do with the red chinese new years jersey they will be wearing at warm up..  seems like around same time prices went up..

22 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I wonder when the Canucks will send renewals out this year. Last year the renewal started on February 25. I expect this year it might start a bit later, because the Canucks could make some serious moves at the deadline (Vanek, maybe a D-man, etc) and they will want to spin that into renewals.

I am also curious how the "auto-renewal" process is going to work. Last year, in case you forgot, the Canucks offered to waive the fees for monthly payment packages in exchange for their ticket holders to agree to have their package automatically renewed. They said they would e-mail everyone and let them know about renewals (reminder). But the bottom line is, this year if you want to cancel your tickets, you will need to likely contact your rep. I am guessing they are probably training their reps on retention tactics now.

Finally, I wonder about price increases. Last year the Canucks had the guts to jack up prices across the arena and it didn't work out well for them, as attendance hit 15 year lows this year. If they raise prices again this season obviously attendance will continue to drop, just my two cents. They need to keep prices where they are until the Canucks win a playoff round.

Even if the Canucks decide to freeze their prices for next season, our bill will be higher because there won't be a home preseason game in China. +/- $100 in UBIV. I know that a pair of preseason tickets in UB4 is only about $60 but they work with an annual average price and it's still an additional game. We can expect the normal 45 games instead of 44 + no home games during the Holidays because of the world juniors. We should find out in the next month or so.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:53 PM, BCNeil said:

I traded my pair of Feb1 Blackhawks for this game, sure glad i did that.   Sold that pair, and my own pair on Stubhub for pretty decent $

Looks like the demand is continuing to climb.  Cheapest pair is $83 USD now on Stubhub

Agreed this will be this year's top 3, along with the Leafs game, and Blackhawks / Kings game during the Christmas holidays

I sold my pair for the Bruins game about 2 months ago but did someone find out what the heck is going on for Saturday's game? Prices are so high it's unreal. Last year the Bruins game was pretty much just like any other game. I am trying to find any explanation and I can't find any. Really but really weird....

2 hours ago, Curt said:

I sold my pair for the Bruins game about 2 months ago but did someone find out what the heck is going on for Saturday's game? Prices are so high it's unreal. Last year the Bruins game was pretty much just like any other game. I am trying to find any explanation and I can't find any. Really but really weird....

Hot Boston team (3rd overall in NHL as we speak) and hockey night in Canada game

I  bet its the Bruins fans buying the majority of tickets.  

14 hours ago, inkorea said:

Last night for Florida game scalpers were struggling to get 30$. A fan just gave me a ticket row 6 lower bowl for free. Not sure why stubhub is so high. I rarely pay more than 30.

True, but its a mid week game against Florida.   I am pretty certain you won't be able to find $30 tickets for the Boston game

Archived