The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When you thought it couldn't get worse for the Avalanche

J-23

4 hours ago, Green Building said:

Holy $&!#. How did I miss that in all the highlights last night?! That's just... wow. Anybody remember the rookie we had come up and play his first games in the playoffs about 7 or 8 years ago? He was on a near break on the boards hustling toward the net when he decided to slow up and make it a 2 on 1. I can't for the life of me remember who that was. Jensen?

Comeau's move is so much better though.

You missed it on the highlights because it wasn't a Leafs game. Also, I hate how, for example, in a game that's 6-3 they show like 3 goals from the game lol - they'll start the highlights with something along the lines of "pick it up 3-0 for Team A...."

6 hours ago, Hectic said:

You missed it on the highlights because it wasn't a Leafs game. Also, I hate how, for example, in a game that's 6-3 they show like 3 goals from the game lol - they'll start the highlights with something along the lines of "pick it up 3-0 for Team A...."

TSN of maybe 4-5+ years ago would show almost every goal. They'd cut off maybe the last goal of the game (aside from empty netters) but I loved it when TSN showed all the goals. Doesn't matter what the score was.

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

The worst breakaway attempt I have seen in my entire life, it was actually hilarious watching this live.

i totally get what he was trying to do. he clearly didnt see the defender behind him so he thought he would pass it back to the player he saw with him and retract to the side of the net expecting a return feed for a wide open net. i dont think he deserves the flack he is getting. i actually think it was a smart play given the fact he didnt know the defender was right behind him to catch that pass.

1 minute ago, linden17 said:

i totally get what he was trying to do. he clearly didnt see the defender behind him so he thought he would pass it back to the player he saw with him and retract to the side of the net expecting a return feed for a wide open net. i dont think he deserves the flack he is getting. i actually think it was a smart play given the fact he didnt know the defender was right behind him to catch that pass.

That is precisely why its a stupid play.

Just now, linden17 said:

not really. he thought he had support without a defender. 

Yes. He was wrong. He made a stupid decision and a bad play because he wasn't aware of his surroundings. 

Also, you don't pass in that scenario. Even if there wasn't a defender there to break up the pass, you don't pass on a two on nothing like he thought he had. You take the shot and if you don't get it your teammate comes in for the rebound.

3 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Yes. He was wrong. He made a stupid decision and a bad play because he wasn't aware of his surroundings. 

Also, you don't pass in that scenario. Even if there wasn't a defender there to break up the pass, you don't pass on a two on nothing like he thought he had. You take the shot and if you don't get it your teammate comes in for the rebound.

cant even start to explain to you chemistry. when u feel a play happening u just do it sometimes. he tried something that could of easily worked if not for a great defensive play. you dont pass on a two on zero? you should send out a memo to goalies across the planet so they never look stupid again when facing a two on zero. sheeshhhh!

5 minutes ago, linden17 said:

cant even start to explain to you chemistry. when u feel a play happening u just do it sometimes. he tried something that could of easily worked if not for a great defensive play. you dont pass on a two on zero? you should send out a memo to goalies across the planet so they never look stupid again when facing a two on zero. sheeshhhh!

Oh. Good point. It wasn't a stupid play because "chemistry".

This doesn't look like very good chemistry.

avspaint.png

4 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Oh. Good point. It wasn't a stupid play because "chemistry".

This doesn't look like very good chemistry.

avspaint.png

it wasnt a stupid play but this is certainly a stupid stat for the backing of your argument. Are you trying to say that last place teams dont score on breakaways? or they dont score on two on zero breakaways? or two on ones? go into detail a bit more and help me understand. do first place teams only shoot on two on zero breakaways? or are they skilled enough to pass on a two on zero? also can u coach my nephews tyke team?

3 minutes ago, linden17 said:

it wasnt a stupid play but this is certainly a stupid stat for the backing of your argument. Are you trying to say that last place teams dont score on breakaways? or they dont score on two on zero breakaways? or two on ones? go into detail a bit more and help me understand. do first place teams only shoot on two on zero breakaways? or are they skilled enough to pass on a two on zero? also can u coach my nephews tyke team?

About as stupid as you saying its a good play because "chemistry". You realize I could make that argument about any play right? "It didn't work but it was a good play because 'chemistry'."

You might as well say Comeau made a good play because "meat and potatoes".

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

About as stupid as you saying its a good play because "chemistry". You realize I could make that argument about any play right? "It didn't work but it was a good play because 'chemistry'."

and you also realize youre  saying every play that doesnt go through is a stupid play, right? hockey is a game of chances. doesnt mean that every attempt made that doesnt result in a goal is "stupid". 

Archived