The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When you thought it couldn't get worse for the Avalanche

J-23

Just now, linden17 said:

and you also realize youre  saying every play that doesnt go through is a stupid play, right? hockey is a game of chances. doesnt mean that every attempt made that doesnt result in a goal is "stupid". 

I'm not saying every play that doesn't go through is a stupid play. I'm saying when you have a chance at a goal and you throw it away because you've overthought what should be a super obvious and easy decision, thats a stupid play.

3 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

I'm not saying every play that doesn't go through is a stupid play. I'm saying when you have a chance at a goal and you throw it away because you've overthought what should be a super obvious and easy decision, thats a stupid play.

the player on the breakway isnt exactly mcdavid. he though he was on a two on zero and thought the smartest thing would be to use the extra player to move the goalie around. hockey is a fast game and sometimes u just act on feeling rather than thinking. i totally know what he was feeling and trying to do. cant really blame him that he doesnt  have eyes in the back of his head to see the defender right there. if that players inch of a stick isnt there and that pass gets through, its coming right back for a back door goal.

Just now, linden17 said:

the player on the breakway isnt exactly mcdavid. he though he was on a two on zero and thought the smartest thing would be to use the extra player to move the goalie around. hockey is a fast game and sometimes u just act on feeling rather than thinking. i totally know what he was feeling and trying to do. cant really blame him that he doesnt  have eyes in the back of his head to see the defender right there. if that players inch of a stick isnt there and that pass gets through, its coming right back for a back door goal.

Okay great. It was a stupid play. You say I think every play that doesn't work is a stupid play but based on everything you've said you clearly don't think there is such a thing.

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Okay great. It was a stupid play. You say I think every play that doesn't work is a stupid play but based on everything you've said you clearly don't think there is such a thing.

nope. weve only analyzed one play. give me some more and i will tell you which is stupid...and which is not. bring a notepad. i can teach you some things. 

4 hours ago, linden17 said:

nope. weve only analyzed one play. give me some more and i will tell you which is stupid...and which is not. bring a notepad. i can teach you some things. 

Terrific. Let's start with your grammar.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:18 PM, Rocky Balboa said:

Pfffft...anyone remember using this to play NHL 93 on the PC?

250px-Gravis_pc_gamepad.jpg

I used a keyboard. :P

PS- Fun fact, Gravis was Burnaby based- had a buddy that worked there and gave me freebies.

Archived