The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Travis Green new head coach

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, hatedkid666 said:

The screenshots are killing me lmaoooooo

Seriously though, Green seems like he has a way better head on his shoulder then willie

its so true LOL. 

starts off with Jim being super nervous then all those screenshots. glad Green took the helm. You can see Green is ready for the Vancouver media lol.

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

Nice to hear him talk about Subban and Pedan.

Jim looked like he was going to have an aneurysm when he heard Subban.

I'll be interested to see how he "works with" Hutton. I still say that's a guy who might've benefited from some seasoning in the AHL to figure out how to be more responsible defensively rather than being fast-tracked to the NHL because he can put points on the board. 

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

They didn't even interview anyone else?:picard:

How is that possible?

Based on what TL said, it's effectively been a 3 year evaluation process. Maybe they wanted enough time down in the AHL with some specific players and transition all to the NHL at the same time. 4 year deal also means they're investing in Green and they feel comfortable with the fit.

Gallant's off the table, Sutter is not suitable for this team, Hitchcock is off the table. Maybe with Green not just being a rookie coach but also a young rookie coach he will be able to better relate to the young players, as as well as the veterans having played 16-17 years in the league.

I initially wasn't pleased about the announcement, but after watching the presser I have a better vibe. I think it's if nothing else going to be an exciting year next year.

Archived