The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WJHC Tickets 2019

Just now, goalie13 said:

It's not a cheap alternative when you add in the cost of the ferry for those of us on the island.

It sounds like you got some great seats.  If I still lived in Kamloops (I lived there when Iggy was a Blazer) I would be going for sure.  I'm surprised there are lots of tickets left.  I would have thought that game would sell out fast there.

Yes, you Islanders are not at an advantage for this one.

The Bob Brown Character teams of yesteryear were something special. Glad you were also part of that era.

Crosby’s Golden Goal saw two of the 4 players on the ice, in Iggy and Neids, as being ex-Blazers. 

Today’s Blazers forced me to surrender my season tickets a few years back lol

I hope some of you can make the game.  

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The Bob Brown Character teams of yesteryear were something special. Glad you were also part of that era.

It was great.  I moved there in the '94-'95 season when the Blazers were hosting the Memorial Cup as defending Champs.  I swear there was a 'Keep the Cup' sticker on every bumper in town.  The only way I could get tickets to even regular season games, was standing room.  That season was fun to be there for.

45 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

It was great.  I moved there in the '94-'95 season when the Blazers were hosting the Memorial Cup as defending Champs.  I swear there was a 'Keep the Cup' sticker on every bumper in town.  The only way I could get tickets to even regular season games, was standing room.  That season was fun to be there for.

The old Memorial Arena and the standing room tickets... of course! Good times. 

Thanks for that.  

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

That we want eight chant...

Good times.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Wow, I had no idea about this

"Victoria’s pro hockey heyday ended when the Cougars relocated to Detroit in 1926, ultimately becoming the modern-day Red Wings NHL franchise."

apparently the NHL does not consider the franchise to be relocated to Detroit, even though the Victoria Cougars were sold and moved to Detroit, ultimately becoming the Detroit Cougars.

2 hours ago, Roberts said:

apparently the NHL does not consider the franchise to be relocated to Detroit, even though the Victoria Cougars were sold and moved to Detroit, ultimately becoming the Detroit Cougars.

Technically, they aren't the same team.

Detroit joined the NHL as an expansion franchise along with Chicago and New York.  In order to stock their team, Detroit bought the rights to all the Victoria Cougars players when the WCHL folded.  They even kept the name 'Cougars' for the first couple of seasons.  So while the roster moved, the team didn't.

The Blackhawks made a similar move, buying all the players from the Portland Rosebuds.  The Rangers didn't pick up any WCHL players but did acquire Victoria's coach, Lester Patrick.

10 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Is anyone else volunteering?

If so - which position?

I love my position - going to be able to 'meet' a lot of the players, coaches, and media, though obviously asking for pictures will be a big no no.

How did you get in to it? I took a look st the website but couldn’t find anything. 

20 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

How did you get in to it? I took a look st the website but couldn’t find anything. 

I think sign up closed months ago.

I initially applied but then withdrew my application when my family's travel plans changed.

10 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I love my position - going to be able to 'meet' a lot of the players, coaches, and media, though obviously asking for pictures will be a big no no.

No kidding.  I volunteered at the Olympics.  You weren't even allowed to hang out and watch the games unless that's what your role was.

9 hours ago, Roberts said:

are single game tickets releasing soon?

They are only available in Vancouver.  Victoria sold out.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/junior/2018-19/tickets/tickets-van

I suppose there's a chance they might release a few tickets closer to the event, but I went to UsedVictoria to get my tickets.

12 hours ago, goalie13 said:

No kidding.  I volunteered at the Olympics.  You weren't even allowed to hang out and watch the games unless that's what your role was.

I think HockeyCanada is a little bit more chill than the IOC, but Tom Renney's initial address to all of us at our orientation a couple weeks ago was pretty cool. Had some funny stories about how his wife would lie to waiters about not being Tom Renney's wife in Vancouver because everyone hated him for being a terrible coach. 

3 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I think HockeyCanada is a little bit more chill than the IOC, but Tom Renney's initial address to all of us at our orientation a couple weeks ago was pretty cool. Had some funny stories about how his wife would lie to waiters about not being Tom Renney's wife in Vancouver because everyone hated him for being a terrible coach. 

I'm jealous.  I so wanted to volunteer but I couldn't commit to the time.

1 hour ago, BlastPast said:

Is there going to be much demand for single game Victoria Tickets on the secondary market ?  I bought a package and there is a chance I might want to sell a couple tickets.

I think so.

The lady I bought my tickets from is planning only only going to one game per day.  So on days when there are two games, she is going to the 7:30 game and she sold the 3:30 game.  It sounds like she sold her extra tickets pretty quick, and paid for her whole ticket package that way.

It wouldn't surprise me if others are doing the same.

I did a quick look on Used Victoria.  There's one guy selling his Canada vs Slovakia pre-tournament game tickets, $220 for two seats.  A few others that have sold all theirs but are taking a wait list.  So it seems like the demand is there.

Archived