The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

canuck2xtreme

1 minute ago, canuck2xtreme said:

See RL., I would have went for a Randy Orton "Legend Killer" response instead...  but that's me lol

Best of luck in the first round to everyone, even the Anaheim Ducks who match up against my Jets.

Give me two weeks, it will be more relevant then :)

1 hour ago, ThatMike said:

I believe that if the Canucks win,
I win.

Fingers, toes, and everything else, crossed for another lottery win this season

So who are you planning to select 9th overall?

Disappointed to miss the playoffs despite being a Top 10 team... East is the Beast... but the slow start killed us, as well as losing Bergeron down the stretch. We congratulate him on his 112th Selke trophy, as is fitting.

Saying all that... expect BIG news coming out of the Island later today.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS PLAYOFF ROSTER

Brian Gibbons - Nate Thompson - Josh Anderson

Matt Cullen - Brian Boyle - Ryan Fitzgerald

Zdeno Chara - Brent Burns

Will Butcher - Chad Ruhwedel

Johnny Oduya - Kevin Bieksa

Andrey Pedan - Andy Welinski

Frederik Andersen - Peter Budaj

14 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I hope your doing alright? You are Saskatoon based, no? 

I've been glued to social media, spent hours, over hours watching reports. Talking to people at home. I grew up in the Peg, but my mum is Leroy based, 15/25 minutes drive from Humboldt?  My grandfather ran the Coop gas station & General store in Humboldt, Leroy Lanigan & Watson. My cousin Karen taught in the Humboldt high school til 2 years ago when she retired.My uncle a townhouse development my mum will live in. My cousin Allen works in a fertilizer plant there.  Another cousins kid has done some of the reporting, visited the site. 

I have family there, Carrot River, Wakaw, Candle Lake, PA, Leroy, Saskatoon. I've driven every one of those roads, spent many long weekends, Christmas & summer holidays in these places.  We used to take the road to Nipawin to go deer hunting, which I hated, camping, fishing and sledding in winter.

I'm half a world away, but this one struck me.

Crap, I came here to talk about Borgstroms first goal. :(     

Wasn’t close with any other victims,only partied with them a couple times no need to feel bad for me. 

Everyone is affected in some way here, you know someone who knew someone who was affected, very somber times here in the 306. Can’t imagine what the people affected by it are going through. 

ANNOUNCEMENT: Without going into the reasons behind the decision, it is with mixed feelings that I hereby report that I am resigning my position as GM of the New York Islanders effective immediately.

I am very proud of what was accomplished in my 8 years here on Long Island and the championship we were able to bring to the fans here.

I am disappointed to not go out on a long playoff run in my final year but feel the organization is left in very good shape with a bevy of quality young players.

We wish whomever takes over the team a lot of fortune in the future.

20 minutes ago, theminister said:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Without going into the reasons behind the decision, it is with mixed feelings that I hereby report that I am resigning my position as GM of the New York Islanders effective immediately.

I am very proud of what was accomplished in my 8 years here on Long Island and the championship we were able to bring to the fans here.

I am disappointed to not go out on a long playoff run in my final year but feel the organization is left in very good shape with a bevy of quality young players.

@theminister it's a shock to see you leave the Islanders. You have been the example of how to build a contender year in and year out in this League.

It has been a pleasure dealing with you and battling you year after year. True class act!

Thank you and good luck in the future!

26 minutes ago, theminister said:

Wow! I gotta say that is dissapointing to read. You’ve done a lot for the league and have always been a great example of how to build a team. Hope to see you back one day! 

1 hour ago, theminister said:

You've definitely raised the bar in this league, creating a team and culture that everyone (including myself) is trying to emulate. When I first started in this league, one of my goals was to surpass the Islanders, so thank you for always bringing out the best in everyone. The league won't be the same without you, and hopefully we can have you back in some capacity in the future. 

1 hour ago, theminister said:

WHAAAA????

This can't be true?
Where will I go to get drunk and make poor draft decisions?!?!

2 hours ago, theminister said:

Hi TM.

I don't know you but understood you were studying, now working media.  Bet it was busy?  And you subbed as top league administrator, with thanks! There were many moments you helped the league.  And moments, like with Wilb, and running the draft at your place, where you were just special for the league & it's people.

I hope this is just retirement to focus on your real career, maybe a family     (of cats :wub: ? )  or whatever is simply great for you!!!

Cheers Man & thanks one last time!

Chris ( CS )  

Winnipeg Jets Playoff Roster

David Perron - Sidney Crosby - Ryan Kesler
Tanner Pearson - Mark Scheifele - Colton Sissons
Brendan Lemieux - Jori Lehtera - JC Lipon
Michael Sgarbossa

Tyson Barrie - Scott Harrington
Christian Folin

Cory Schneider
Aaron Dell

Reserves: Eric Comrie (G), Doyle Somerby (D)

12 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

Can we veto that decision?

1509437086283.png

One would hope this is similar to how Monty 'resigned' only to promptly be named VGK GM but I fear this is likely due to schedule/career/time constraints which is obviously understanding, but I think everyone would agree, disappointing.

Thanks @theminister for finally beating me in to submission to join this lovely group of fine gentlemen and all your hard work helping keep this thing afloat the past few years. Don't be s stranger.

13 hours ago, ThatMike said:

WHAAAA????

This can't be true?
Where will I go to get drunk and make poor draft decisions?!?!

My very real concern as well :lol:

Archived