The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whatcha listening to, Punk?!

Rate this topic

luckylager

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Going to see Propagandhi at the Rickshaw on the 8th! 

Not punk but going to Arcade Fire tomorrow.....STOKED!!!!!!

For sure Propagandhi will be getting some play from me. Saw them at the Croatian years ago. Pretty sure they tried to open for Nofx, but ended up having bottles thrown at them when they didn't shut up about "social issues".

Had to be the Nofx show... No Use, maybe? Wait, no... I feel sooooo oooold

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

For sure Propagandhi will be getting some play from me. Saw them at the Croatian years ago. Pretty sure they tried to open for Nofx, but ended up having bottles thrown at them when they didn't shut up about "social issues".

Had to be the Nofx show... No Use, maybe? Wait, no... I feel sooooo oooold

If it was like 15 years ago maybe NoFX...but Fat Mike and their singer don't exactly get along....   That might explain why they didn't play Vancouver for years....I saw them for Today's Empires tour and then not again until last winter ..on my birthday!!  That was a blast..was also at the Rickshaw. 

Edited by Gnarcore
1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

If it was like 15 years ago maybe NoFX...but Fat Mike and their singer don't exactly get along....   That might explain why they didn't play Vancouver for years....I saw them for Today's Empires tour and then not again until last winter ..on my birthday!!  That was a blast..was also at the Rickshaw. 

Definitely more than 15 years ago. Probably 99-01.. Somewhere in there. Was a 2/3 year bender.

They might have taken a break from Van after getting boo'd and bottled off stage for not playing music, but just drunken ranting about their "issues."

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Definitely more than 15 years ago. Probably 99-01.. Somewhere in there. Was a 2/3 year bender.

They might have taken a break from Van after getting boo'd and bottled off stage for not playing music, but just drunken ranting about their "issues."

They definitely used to talk more....was all business pretty much last time. 

Just now, luckylager said:

Gotta say, Descendents are one of my all time faves. Liveage is the best live punk album ever. IMHO

I got turned on to them when I was in a big Sublime phase and found out "Hope" was actually a cover. This is the kind of music I pretended to listen to in high school to fit in with the cool punks/alternative kids and skaters :lol: I only really started listening to it in college.

Just now, Cramarossa said:

I got turned on to them when I was in a big Sublime phase and found out "Hope" was actually a cover. This is the kind of music I pretended to listen to in high school to fit in with the cool punks/alternative kids and skaters :lol: I only really started listening to it in college.

I know some day

I'll be the only one

Milo is f#(king awesome. And although I do have a very large, beer belly size soft spot for Sublime, Bradley did a terrible cover of that song. 

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I know some day

I'll be the only one

Milo is f#(king awesome. And although I do have a very large, beer belly size soft spot for Sublime, Bradley did a terrible cover of that song. 

Agreed. I love Sublime and liked their version but once I heard the original it became the only version I listen to.

I have a soft spot for Milo because he is a science nerd like me.

• Upvote 1