Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (15-21) 2017

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Here is the NHL Three Stars of the Week for the Week:

 

1st Star: Nikolaj Ehlers, Jets
5 goals, 2 assists, 2 GWG

 

2nd Star: Auston Matthews, Maple Leafs
4 goals, 2 GWG

 

3rd Star: Nicklas Backstrom, Capitals
3 goals, 6 assists

 

IfED4sk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikita Kucherov is the 4th player since 1987 to score in each of his first 6 games to start the season, following Steve Yzerman (88/89), Mario Lemieux (92/93), Keith Tkachuk (08/09).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Doesn't take much to get in the box." True words..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that was whack what happened in the Detroit Tampa game. So now refs can call penalties and penalty shots during a goal challenge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Man, that was whack what happened in the Detroit Tampa game. So now refs can call penalties and penalty shots during a goal challenge?

What went on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

What went on? 

Abdelkader was hooked by Hedman while on a breakaway. He didn't really get a shot off, but the puck went into the net and Cooper challenged for goalie interference. He won the challenge, then the refs put Hedman in the box for the hook that I don't think was called on the original play. The refs huddle up, get Hedman out of the box and give Abdelkader a penalty shot instead, which he scored on. 

 

Totally bizarre. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here is the NHL Three Stars of the Week for the Week:

 

1st Star: Nikolaj Ehlers, Jets
5 goals, 2 assists, 2 GWG

 

2nd Star: Auston Matthews, Maple Leafs
4 goals, 2 GWG

 

3rd Star: Nicklas Backstrom, Capitals
3 goals, 6 assists

 

IfED4sk.jpg

Ehlers...jesus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Green Building said:

Abdelkader was hooked by Hedman while on a breakaway. He didn't really get a shot off, but the puck went into the net and Cooper challenged for goalie interference. He won the challenge, then the refs put Hedman in the box for the hook that I don't think was called on the original play. The refs huddle up, get Hedman out of the box and give Abdelkader a penalty shot instead, which he scored on. 

 

Totally bizarre. 

LOL what!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some cool tidbits from tonight:

 

Nikita Kucherov has extended his goal scoring streak to 7 games to start the season.

 

Will Butcher is the first defenceman in NHL history to record 9 assists in his first 6 career games.

 

The Maple Leafs have recorded a shutout in Washington for the first time in their history.

 

The Golden Knights are the 2nd team in NHL history to start their inaugural season with a 5-1 record following the 1917-18 Canadiens.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

The Golden Knights are the 2nd team in NHL history to start their inaugural season with a 5-1 record following the 1917-18 Canadiens.

This one is the most surprising to me. They might make the playoffs at this rate and still be in the #3 lotto position. Thanks Gary.

 

Also, I wonder when Edmonton pushes the panic button? 1-4 must be a shock to the fan base there. Not to mention all those commercial sponsors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.