The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Matt Moulson

Coconuts

13 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Well it wouldn't be the first time

VilleLeino.jpg

He made his reputation in one playoff season.  Everybody warned Darcy Regier about signing Leino.  He didn't listen.  Leino actually played on a half decent team in his first year or two in Buffalo.  The Sabres made a mistake in signing him and he made a mistake in signing with the Sabres.  The excellent Philly team from back then were no longer around to feed Leino his shots.

On 12/4/2017 at 4:32 PM, SilentSam said:

Buffalo is not a great environment it seems.

Right now it isn't.  Not until they get the stink of losing out of the organization.

It's a destination to go right now to earn an inflated paycheque.  Botterill aims to change that.  By all accounts I've read and seen on local and national TV, Botterill is a very good hire.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:19 PM, -AJ- said:

Man, what happened to this guy? Three-time 30-goal scorer seemed to get his career destroyed by Buffalo.

People wondered how he would do without Tavares.  The Sabres paid through the nose to find out.  The LA Kings now have a $5 million man playing for their AHL affiliate.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎07 at 4:14 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Right now it isn't.  Not until they get the stink of losing out of the organization.

It's a destination to go right now to earn an inflated paycheque.  Botterill aims to change that.  By all accounts I've read and seen on local and national TV, Botterill is a very good hire.

News comes out the other day that any player in Buffalo is available except Eichel. My thought did not run to Kane but Ryan O'Reilly. He has always impressed me. Why wouldn't he be a key building block in Buffalo?

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

News comes out the other day that any player in Buffalo is available except Eichel. My thought did not run to Kane but Ryan O'Reilly. He has always impressed me. Why wouldn't he be a key building block in Buffalo?

I like O Reilly, he gets paid quite a bit though, 2m more than Horvat. Very similar players, would cost a lot to get him though I am sure. 

Ristolainen is an interesting case, he got a big contract, still young having a down year offensively he would be a great addition, but again high price tag

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

When you say anybody is available, that means available at the right price.  Botterill may have a price tag of a couple of blue chip prospects and a pick for ROR or for all we know. 

The players on the Sabres aren't helping Botterill's case though with their play so far this season.  I can't see it getting better either because they pretty much look like they are just playing for a game cheque at this point.

Archived