The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PROPOSAL VANCOUVER AND BUFFALO

BUFFALO needs a huge shake up and they need it now. Its the time to try to buy low on Rhino, he is being ruined by that garbage franchise. I'm not sure what it would take but as much as I like Goldobins upside I think he is redundant with Dahlen, Pedersen and Gaudette on the way. If they would take a package of Goldy and Hutton and a pick I would look into it.

I do agree, that Reinhart is going nowhere in BUF, and even his point totals are suffering. He's on pace for around 30-35 points this year, when he should probably be in the 60 point range. I think Kane is a better player for the Canucks though, and more suited for the west. Canucks need to beef up the LW position.

Been thinking about a Buff deal lately. No rhino..they're goin extinct. Try Kane. Speed & size. Twins would be a good example/influence(hopefully).

Baer must have more value than Goldy. Also RFA this summer, so we'd have to pay him more. Baer & Hutton will almost be 6 mill next yr, probably comparable to what Kane demands.

- Lots of our young D getting injured(farm); & size is needed in 2nd half of season, especially. So...

send: Baertschi, Hutton 2019 2nd(conditional)

For Kane & avg LH-D prospect

If Kane re-signed in summer, we'd make it a 2019 1st. This allows us to evaluate his play/chemistry with our core, & cut losses if it imploded.

Future:

* = plays more than one position

LW - Baertschi, Virtanen*, Goldobin*, Granlund*, Eriksson*, Gaunce*, Dahlen*, Gadjovich, Labate

C - Horvat, Granlund*, Sutter*, Gaunce*, MacEwen, Pettersson*, Dahlen*, Gaudette

RW - Boeser, Granlund*, Sutter*, Virtanen*, Eriksson*, Goldobin*, Pettersson*, Lind, Lockwood, Palmu

They have options

39 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Been thinking about a Buff deal lately. No rhino..they're goin extinct. Try Kane. Speed & size. Twins would be a good example/influence(hopefully).

Baer must have more value than Goldy. Also RFA this summer, so we'd have to pay him more. Baer & Hutton will almost be 6 mill next yr, probably comparable to what Kane demands.

- Lots of our young D getting injured(farm); & size is needed in 2nd half of season, especially. So...

send: Baertschi, Hutton 2019 2nd(conditional)

For Kane & avg LH-D prospect

If Kane re-signed in summer, we'd make it a 2019 1st. This allows us to evaluate his play/chemistry with our core, & cut losses if it imploded.

hard pass  if anything we wait til summer get kane for free. trade baer hutton for a grade a rhd  prospect

On 04/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, garthsbutcher said:

BUFFALO needs a huge shake up and they need it now. Its the time to try to buy low on Rhino, he is being ruined by that garbage franchise. I'm not sure what it would take but as much as I like Goldobins upside I think he is redundant with Dahlen, Pedersen and Gaudette on the way. If they would take a package of Goldy and Hutton and a pick I would look into it.

What about Gudbranson for Sam Reinhart?  I'd rather keep Hutton.  He is going to be cheaper than Gudbranson and is a better fit in Green's system.  Also If we were able to get a young centre back then we are only out a 2nd round pick in the Gudbranson deal.  And I think Reinhart is the better player between him and McCann so that's a a win for Benning.  Not sure if we can get that much for Gudbranson, but I'd love it if we could pull this off.

4 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

What about Gudbranson for Sam Reinhart?  I'd rather keep Hutton.  He is going to be cheaper than Gudbranson and is a better fit in Green's system.  Also If we were able to get a young centre back then we are only out a 2nd round pick in the Gudbranson deal.  And I think Reinhart is the better player between him and McCann so that's a a win for Benning.  Not sure if we can get that much for Gudbranson, but I'd love it if we could pull this off.

Why would a lottery team like buffalo trade a young player who will still be RFA at seasons end for an upcoming UFA with no guarantee that he'd sign there? 

Just now, qwijibo said:

Why would a lottery team like buffalo trade a young player who will still be RFA at seasons end for an upcoming UFA with no guarantee that he'd sign there? 

Touche'.  I suppose I was hoping they would be desperate enough to make drastic roster changes. They are terrible and they are supposed to be on the upswing. I realize that Gudbranson's value is probably not high enough to bring back a player like Reinhart, but some GM's obviously still value the intangibles he can bring.  I guess the only way this would work would be a trade and sign.   

2 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Touche'.  I suppose I was hoping they would be desperate enough to make drastic roster changes. They are terrible and they are supposed to be on the upswing. I realize that Gudbranson's value is probably not high enough to bring back a player like Reinhart, but some GM's obviously still value the intangibles he can bring.  I guess the only way this would work would be a trade and sign.   

Yeah. It's more a question of where they sit this year.  The odds of them making the payoffs at this point are almost non existent. To make a move and bring in a player who could walk at seasons end makes no sense when it would have no real positive impact on their season this year.  Too big a risk to end up with nothing 

Just now, qwijibo said:

Yeah. It's more a question of where they sit this year.  The odds of them making the payoffs at this point are almost non existent. To make a move and bring in a player who could walk at seasons end makes no sense when it would have no real positive impact on their season this year.  Too big a risk to end up with nothing 

I wish that you didn't make so much sense.  You can see the writing on the wall for Gudbranson with the Canucks.  It would be really nice to get something tangible back for him without taking a huge loss on what we paid.  

Buffalo will be sellers at the deadline and players like Reinhart will not be easily parted with.  This makes me sad.  

On 2017-12-04 at 1:14 PM, garthsbutcher said:

Great proposal. We take a hit but it’s on what I see as replaceable players like you’ve mentioned and you gotta give to get. I do still think there’s potential left in Rienhart. Canucks should have more incentive to strike this deal with Bo Scorvat going down for 6 weeks.

Archived