The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{GDT} Canucks At Wild - A Brother Vs Brother and A Welcome Home Brock Edition | Jan 14 | 5 PM | SN |

AlwaysACanuckFan

22 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Im curious as to why "Biega cant play full time"? Whats the most number of games hes played in a row? Ive seen this noted elsewhere on the message boards but from what ive seen of him play, ive never seen any evidence to this opinion. Normally hes up for a couple then sent back down or sat and in those games hes out worked some who should maybe see more bench time.

I don't mean that he's incapable, I like the guy, but he plays his hardest in short spurts of a couple games. When he comes back from the press box he goes gangbusters, then sort of tapers down the intensity after 3-4 games. I like him when he's at his best, but there's something about playing long stretches time that relaxes his game a bit. I don't have any hard stats regarding games played in a row, but he played long stretches due to injury a couple years back and exhibited the same kind of thing, only we needed him to play and couldn't take him out. 

5 hours ago, Dannydog said:

Im curious as to why "Biega cant play full time"? Whats the most number of games hes played in a row? Ive seen this noted elsewhere on the message boards but from what ive seen of him play, ive never seen any evidence to this opinion. Normally hes up for a couple then sent back down or sat and in those games hes out worked some who should maybe see more bench time.

Biega is a good energy guy but that's about it. He`s almost 29 so he is what he is - a fringe player. I don`t mind him slotting in here and there, but in the long run it`s better having the ice time going to younger guys that actually have a future with the team.

23 hours ago, RebuildTheRightWay(RTRW) said:

Now is up to BB Brockster to step it up and prove he is a future leader of this team.

The difference between the rookies and the veterans. If he can't come up clutch now he's gonna have a hard time comin up clutch for uff in the ploffs. I tell ya

1389728406-more-bad-news-patent-trolls.j

Archived