The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{GDT} Canucks At Wild - A Brother Vs Brother and A Welcome Home Brock Edition | Jan 14 | 5 PM | SN |

AlwaysACanuckFan

5 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Girl actually ;) but yes. I tried to stay patient with him but I'm not vibing it

I know we want players to be accountable for their play, and Hutton hasn't had a great year, but I see him still on the Nucks in a few years and there's no better season than the one we're in to get him ice time. He played well last game after being scratched against the Leafs, Puoliot has been on a slide as well, and Biega can't play full time. To me it's a sticky situation at the moment.

This is getting a little worrisome. I wonder if being named to the All-Star game has overwhelmed Brock somewhat. Because since then, he was struggled. Barzal could very easily run away as the rookie points and possibly goals leader by month's end if Brock continues to be held in check. 

1 hour ago, darkpoet said:

Castoffs ???

The league changed the expansion rules before this team was awarded a franchise, whereby every single other team (importantly: elite teams) was forced to make at least 1 player they didn't want to lose, available.

The NHL assured Vegas they would have, at the very least, a playoff caliber team right from the start.

I'm tired of hearing about how "Vegas formed a team of vagrants and now look like champs" BS..... it's not even close to being true.

They were gifted, and gifted HARD. period. 

Castaways - brothers from another mother

castaway.jpg

Fire.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

This is getting a little worrisome. I wonder if being named to the All-Star game has overwhelmed Brock somewhat. Because since then, he was struggled. Barzal could very easily run away as the rookie points and possibly goals leader by month's end if Brock continues to be held in check. 

Why does it matter? It's a team game and the better one rookie is, the more he will cost later. It's as if some fans are desperate to hang onto some dominance crumb that can be boasted--even if it's not about the team. I'd rather he lie low until next year when we have better enforcement. Now he is a sitting duck with all his soft teammates.

9 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Why does it matter? It's a team game and the better one rookie is, the more he will cost later. It's as if some fans are desperate to hang onto some dominance crumb that can be boasted--even if it's not about the team. I'd rather he lie low until next year when we have better enforcement. Now he is a sitting duck with all his soft teammates.

Brock gets ONE crack at the Calder. It's not like Kesler losing out to Datsyuk for the Selke but eventually winning it.

30 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

This is getting a little worrisome. I wonder if being named to the All-Star game has overwhelmed Brock somewhat. Because since then, he was struggled.

No.

Barzal could very easily run away as the rookie points and possibly goals leader by month's end if Brock continues to be held in check. 

He led the team with 6SOG and is getting chances.  He's playing fine, and will get more room as players return from injury and start producing.

47 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I know we want players to be accountable for their play, and Hutton hasn't had a great year, but I see him still on the Nucks in a few years and there's no better season than the one we're in to get him ice time. He played well last game after being scratched against the Leafs, Puoliot has been on a slide as well, and Biega can't play full time. To me it's a sticky situation at the moment.

Im curious as to why "Biega cant play full time"? Whats the most number of games hes played in a row? Ive seen this noted elsewhere on the message boards but from what ive seen of him play, ive never seen any evidence to this opinion. Normally hes up for a couple then sent back down or sat and in those games hes out worked some who should maybe see more bench time.

Archived