The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tiger Williams Facing Sexual Assault Charges

HC20.0

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

It's wrong whoever is doing it. Man or woman.  It's an invasion of personal space and someone's body regardless of gender.

Then it would be nice if you phrased it that way instead of the way you did. Both men and women can be abusers but thankfully the ones who do that are a very small minority. The vast majority of people aren't like that but it doesn't take many of them to do a lot of damage.

As for Tiger, I'm not a fan but he should be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If he is guilty then he deserves to be punished.

30 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Why is a stranger patting a woman on the ass considered 'ok' in ANY time in history????

A stranger's hand on a woman's ass is assault. She did not give permission. Taking exception to that behavior is perfectly within her rights as a woman. It's sad that anyone would consider taking exception to that sort of thing as being "PC run amok". I'm sure if it were a woman closely related to the men who say such things, the story would be very, very different.

Comments such as the ones bolded above are part of the problem.

Is that what Tiger did?  If he patted anyone’s ass, he’s a complete idiot.  He’s not 16; he’s 60.  He should know that’s a really nasty thing to do.  

I like “The Rock’s” advice on these matters: “If you wouldn’t do it to the Rock, then don’t do it to a woman.”

would Tiger pat “The Rock” on the ass?  

I don’t know what the courts hand out for these things, but I hope it gets lots of publicity, so more people can learn about this stuff.  

2 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

Then it would be nice if you phrased it that way instead of the way you did. Both men and women can be abusers but thankfully the ones who do that are a very small minority. The vast majority of people aren't like that but it doesn't take many of them to do a lot of damage.

As for Tiger, I'm not a fan but he should be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If he is guilty then he deserves to be punished.

I was speaking specifically to the wording of the poster I responded to, thanks all the same.

7 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Why is a stranger patting a woman on the ass considered 'ok' in ANY time in history????

A stranger's hand on a woman's ass is assault. She did not give permission. Taking exception to that behavior is perfectly within her rights as a woman. It's sad that anyone would consider taking exception to that sort of thing as being "PC run amok". I'm sure if it were a woman closely related to the men who say such things, the story would be very, very different.

Comments such as the ones bolded above are part of the problem.

It’s obvious you were not around 50 or 60 years like I was.  Altitudes regarding toward women and minorities are much different than today.  I was just responding to rekker who said if it was just a pat on the bum, it is overblown.   Personally, I believe a pat on the bum is never ok.  I was just speaking of society in general where attitudes have evolved.  If you pat a woman on the bum 50 years ago you would not be charged with sexual assault like today.  You would likely not be taken seriously and it would be written off as a joke.

A case in point, John Turner was running for prime minister in 1984,  During a rally, he patted the bum of a woman as a friendly gesture.  The woman did not complain but the press made an issue of it.  John Turner appologized and the campaign continued,  Turner was not arrested nor kicked out of the Liberal Party.  Imagine if it happened now.  At the very least, Turner would have to resign.

In other words, things that was once acceptable are no longer acceptable.

On February 9, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Rush17 said:

He talks smack on Trevor's work here.  Then gets accused months later of sexual harassment.  Talk about grabbing some headlines.  His comments on Linden/Benning I felt were unfair.  Will see if these allegations are too.

Yes I heard the comments from Williams on Linden and Benning..I look at the source of his opinion, he likes attention and tries to stir the pot.. William is a idiot, why TSN even give him air time was stupid..

Linden and Benning have done a very good job re stocking prospect pool from 2 prospects 4yrs ago...

So 4 yrs later Benning and Linden  have at least 11 very good prospects..

Boser, Virtanen, Demko, Pettersson, Juolevi, Dahlen, Goldobin, Lind, Gaudette, Lockwood, Gadjovich, Tryamkin, Dipietro, Bassard, Brisbois, Gunnerson, Rathbone..

On 09/02/2018 at 4:30 PM, canuckster19 said:

Lets associate him with the Leafs before it's too late...

In all seriousness though, in Sweden rape has a very broad definition, everything pretty much from grabbing a bum all the way to forced intercourse, is it the same with sexual assault in Canada?

The word "rape" does not appear in the criminal code of Canada. There are varring degrees of sexual assault with different sentencing options based on the seriousness.

Archived