The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Edler still not interested in waving NTC

Adarsh Sant

3 hours ago, canucker1971 said:

If he won't wave I would sit him for a few games. The selfish Swedish act has to end. Team before coddled Swedes

Players give up cash to have the NTC. They therefore have the right to decide. Punishing a player for declining to waive his ntc just puts the GM in a bad light and further players won't have any trust in such deals with that GM. Respect is a two way street.

29 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Players give up cash to have the NTC. They therefore have the right to decide. Punishing a player for declining to waive his ntc just puts the GM in a bad light and further players won't have any trust in such deals with that GM. Respect is a two way street.

Agreed. You bench players for: poor play, possible injuries or if they are being held back because of a possible trade. No other reasons. Edler has actually been playing better this year overall; yeah sure, a few brain farts, but what player doesn't get them when they play the minutes he plays. I'll readily acknowledge I have advocated trading him, but that is a tactical decision only, and knowing we would be worse off for the immediate future. With his play of late, I'm not standing on the trade platform any more. Maybe looking at it closely, but not standing on it.

1 hour ago, Baggins said:

So it was okay to ask local guy Jason Garrisson, but, for the Twins is different? Sorry you lost me.

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

What does nationality have to do with it?

It doesn't. I am just saying the Canucks have a history of asking players with NTCs to waive, I couldn't care less about the Twins feelings. The team sucks, you need to rebuild properly and that means getting rid of the old guard. The Twins are what 38 almost? They are slow. They are now costing Canucks hockey games. You can't consistently lose your aging talent without stocking up for the future. And thats why the Canucks are in the organisational $&!# show.

2 minutes ago, canucker1971 said:

It doesn't. I am just saying the Canucks have a history of asking players with NTCs to waive, I couldn't care less about the Twins feelings. The team sucks, you need to rebuild properly and that means getting rid of the old guard. The Twins are what 38 almost? They are slow. They are now costing Canucks hockey games. You can't consistently lose your aging talent without stocking up for the future. And thats why the Canucks are in the organisational $&!# show.

What you fail to remember is that the team didn't suck for nearly 20 years because of the twins commitment to the team and community. They've taken discounts for us to be competitive. 

Normally idgaf about asking to waive ntc but it's different with them.

Just now, 73 Percent said:

What you fail to remember is that the team didn't suck for nearly 20 years because of the twins commitment to the team and community. They've taken discounts for us to be competitive. 

Normally idgaf about asking to waive ntc but it's different with them.

Its team before individual players. But yes, I know they gave money to sick kids, very commendable indeed. Lets move on and think about the team needs first. They have made tens of millions of dollars, enough said.

8 minutes ago, canucker1971 said:

Its team before individual players. But yes, I know they gave money to sick kids, very commendable indeed. Lets move on and think about the team needs first. They have made tens of millions of dollars, enough said.

They have earned 10s of millions of dollars. They could have made 10s of millions more if they had decided to explore ufa and leave is in the dust. 

Accept the fact that canucks brass sees it my way. If not maybe find somewhere else to hear your complaints. I don't understand why you think this franchise owes you something but not the sedins.

If you can't deal with it I hear the Panthers and hurricanes are looking for some more fans. 

Can't wait till a week after the trade deadline when all you fair weather fans move on to something other than CDC. 

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

They have earned 10s of millions of dollars. They could have made 10s of millions more if they had decided to explore ufa and leave is in the dust. 

Accept the fact that canucks brass sees it my way. If not maybe find somewhere else to hear your complaints. I don't understand why you think this franchise owes you something but not the sedins.

If you can't deal with it I hear the Panthers and hurricanes are looking for some more fans. 

Its called freedom of speach. I can choose whether I buy a ticket or not. And with the magnititude of mistakes the rookie President and GM have made since they took over something that is clearly over their hears, is very concerning to me.

They say they are rebuilding, just what moves have they made in the last year that indicates this???????????????????????????

Oh and by the way, Santa Claud and tooth ferry aren't real, sorry to break tha bad news to you.

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

The franchise doesn't owe me or anyone else anything. But if it wants to get better it needs to put the Twins out to Pasture. we aren't advocating putting them down just moving on.

1 minute ago, mikeyman109 said:

The franchise doesn't owe me or anyone else anything. But if it wants to get better it needs to put the Twins out to Pasture. we aren't advocating putting them down just moving on.

Bingo, the coddling MUST stop! And yes I know they gave money to sick kids, but, this is a hockey team, I mean come on!

Celebrate their last game on April 5th against Arizona, raise their jerseys on the very same night in a few years, and lets all move on! SIMPLE!

who is better than elder at the moment over all on the team defence..come on now..what he needs to do is change up his game a bit..he is not afraid but he plays smart mainly..he does lose focus at times but its long season..but as far as hitting or play ok back there and shooting the puck its ok but he can be better ..tweak your game elder and it will show.

9 hours ago, canucker1971 said:

Its called freedom of speach. I can choose whether I buy a ticket or not. And with the magnititude of mistakes the rookie President and GM have made since they took over something that is clearly over their hears, is very concerning to me.

They say they are rebuilding, just what moves have they made in the last year that indicates this???????????????????????????

Oh and by the way, Santa Claud and tooth ferry aren't real, sorry to break tha bad news to you.

Do you know what is real? A dictionary. Give it a read.

Archived