The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Thread

Nave

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Canucks are 4-16-1 in their last 21 games.

While there's no such thing as a guaranteed win (or loss), I am optimistic that the Canucks won't be winnin any time soon. The Canucks now go on a 4 game road trip again (after just 1 game at home, who did this schedule???) which is brutal. Even more brutal is we play 4 games in 6 nights. The 4 opponents we face (and their home records) are:

Vegas - 24-9-2
Chicago - 17-15-3
St Louis - 21-15-0
Dallas - 24-10-3

So all the teams have above .500 home records. Meanwhile, our away record is 13-20-3.

I think it's safe to say that Vegas kicks our butts and sets things off nicely.

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

One other thing to mention... in 3 days (March 21), we will see Buffalo vs Arizona so one of those teams is guaranteed 2 points. That is very good news for us. Basically as long as we lose our next game we are guaranteed to be in 30th spot.

Great tank posts. This gives me confidence we might see a TOP 3 pick this yr. 
Now lets hope Lindbenning doesn't defecate the bed again like that Juolevi pick.

18 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Canucks are 4-16-1 in their last 21 games.

While there's no such thing as a guaranteed win (or loss), I am optimistic that the Canucks won't be winnin any time soon.

Never know what can happen down the stretch, especially if teams start resting players.  The Canucks have been progressively playing better the last 4 games and could well have got points last night.  Vegas had lost 4 straight but shut out the Flames today (giggle).

Meanwhile, the max points we can get now is 79, which means the absolute theoretical highest we can finish is 20th, or in the 12th lotto spot.  The lowest we could pick at this moment is 15th (at the most extreme odds), and it's all upwards from here.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Never know what can happen down the stretch, especially if teams start resting players.  The Canucks have been progressively playing better the last 4 games and could well have got points last night.  Vegas had lost 4 straight but shut out the Flames today (giggle).

Meanwhile, the max points we can get now is 79, which means the absolute theoretical highest we can finish is 20th, or in the 12th lotto spot.  The lowest we could pick at this moment is 15th (at the most extreme odds), and it's all upwards from here.

yea... no.... no Tanev, Boeser, Baertchi, Ericksson, no one is out tanking us for last place. noooooo

On 2018-03-18 at 7:13 PM, Hutton Wink said:

You sound like Travis green trying to keep the boys spirits up.

as a fan I don’t see how you can say we’ve been playing good these last few games, we only scored in one of them.

sometimes effort isn’t enough and they didn’t have that good of an effort in a couple of then. Coyotes and kings or coyotes and ducks I’m trying to forget the games so I can’t remember

15 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Empty net; go Yotes!

...and the empty-netter seals it -- nite nite Flames.

...aaaaaand it's 5:2.  Canucks and Coyotes now tied with same GP, but Canucks have the higher ROW.

Sabres and Coyotes play Wednesday. Noice. 

28 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Empty net; go Yotes!

...and the empty-netter seals it -- nite nite Flames.

...aaaaaand it's 5:2.  Canucks and Coyotes now tied with same GP, but Canucks have the higher ROW.

I love watching the lames fail, especially after how much they were overrated last summer after the Hamonic trade.

Archived