The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | March (11-17) 2018

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wtf? 

It said they are updating their website on the weekend and would be ready Monday...

Stats are upto date and website is different. But standings from last year.. 

But your link is good.   Weird.. 

This is where I was going... 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_home.htm

I deleted it out of my bookmarks and re added it.. now I'm back to original website. Works good

Yeah, that was the old website before they updated it.

Crazy Leafs/Stars game.

Nylander imo is the best player on the ice, best Leaf (aside from AM).

The Stars forward group looks awful without the puck.

Leafs just tied it with a few minutes left - hope they finish Dallas in OT.   Would be nice to see Dallas miss the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

From the Boston/ Florida game.

SportsNet has a video of David Backes hit on Vincent Trocheck. I watched it without the sound on and felt Backes should be in hot water. Then watched it with the Boston play by play commentary. Wow......I guess it all depends on who has a dog in the fight !

https://www.sportsnet.ca/

The Boston announcers are the absolute most biased people in the hockey world. 

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Ya but he can play on my team.

I've always hated Clusterf, err Clutterbuck, but I didn't care much for Tiger or Tim Hunter (for example), either, until they were wearing a better uniform.  Even when the trade happens, I don't like it.  But, give 'em time to settle in on the right team and do their job (as opposed to some bald-headed Lay's-munching a-hole who will go unnamed), it's easy to have a change of heart.  I hear ya!

24 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I've always hated Clusterf, err Clutterbuck, but I didn't care much for Tiger or Tim Hunter (for example), either, until they were wearing a better uniform.  Even when the trade happens, I don't like it.  But, give 'em time to settle in on the right team and do their job (as opposed to some bald-headed Lay's-munching a-hole who will go unnamed), it's easy to have a change of heart.  I hear ya!

I watch a fair bit of islanders hockey and I haven't seen him do anything that bad.....he hits. Hits hard.  Hits a lot.  Having a physical player like that is a good thing imo.

15 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I watch a fair bit of islanders hockey and I haven't seen him do anything that bad.....he hits. Hits hard.  Hits a lot.  Having a physical player like that is a good thing imo.

Absolutely.  I can't think of a real reason to not want him on the team, assuming that his weak stunt this week isn't typical of him.  I don't see him enough or remember enough to know for sure.

Physicality is huge, I agree.  That's one blessing this year, aside from Boeser's production... more hitting by the Canucks.  Could stand to see more, but maybe save it for when there is more on the line.  I've enjoyed the Guddy/Edler experiment recently from a physical perspective, and would love to see their first couple shifts in a playoff game when the tone is being set.  Damn, I miss playoff hockey!!!

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Absolutely.  I can't think of a real reason to not want him on the team, assuming that his weak stunt this week isn't typical of him.  I don't see him enough or remember enough to know for sure.

Physicality is huge, I agree.  That's one blessing this year, aside from Boeser's production... more hitting by the Canucks.  Could stand to see more, but maybe save it for when there is more on the line.  I've enjoyed the Guddy/Edler experiment recently from a physical perspective, and would love to see their first couple shifts in a playoff game when the tone is being set.  Damn, I miss playoff hockey!!!

You can still watch playoff hockey.B)

Archived