The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

oh sabres  ...cannot even score against ottawa. lol

pommers worked fine with the top guys at the beginning of the season. why the coach changed it?

okposo dropped to the 4th line ... seems he wont even crack the 30 points mark this season.  i just hope he will be better again next year :picard:

last night was the next step to the 4000 points mark though. sadly the hawks wasnt able to win . 

also the 17th overall is still in sight ..lol 

the gap to spot 16 was allready mentioned ...brutal ..lol 

4 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Thanks for the opportunity, and glad to be apart of something new for a change..

Drama aside, I hope everyone stays..

After talking to people who are close to Jazz on cdc, I have full confidence that there is no wrong doing in the league, this is why I made my choice to join.

Looking at CHICAGO, i have to give credit to MONTY who has made an outstanding team, and has the tools for a good future for the team.

I know playoffs are around the corner, Im still getting used to FANTRAX website.

Thank you to the League Commish and Co-Commish's for the opportunity again.

welcome from germany 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Thanks for the opportunity, and glad to be apart of something new for a change..

Drama aside, I hope everyone stays..

After talking to people who are close to Jazz on cdc, I have full confidence that there is no wrong doing in the league, this is why I made my choice to join.

Looking at CHICAGO, i have to give credit to MONTY who has made an outstanding team, and has the tools for a good future for the team.

I know playoffs are around the corner, Im still getting used to FANTRAX website.

Thank you to the League Commish and Co-Commish's for the opportunity again.

Welcome from Columbus!

That's a phenomenal team you have there. We met in the finals last season, but I managed to squeeze out the win. Had Tampa or Winnipeg got through the Conference Finals instead, I wouldn't have had a chance. Maybe we'll meet again this year!

But @Monty took over that team at the 2018 draft. A lot of the credit goes to his predecessor, @somethingvery, who built a juggernaut.

Edited by D-Money
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

giphy.gif

I'm a fan of Phil Kessel. But in an effort to clear some cap space for next season, Columbus is considering offers on him.

350 Fpts and counting this season (24th among RW-eligible players, between Tarasenko and Dubois). 425.75 Fpts last year. Is a proven playoff performer. The guy is remarkably consistent, and never gets injured. He's 3rd on the active ironman list, with 769 consecutive games played - the 8th longest streak in NHL history. The guy is a machine! We have proof!:

giphy.gif

Generally I prefer quality-for-quality trades. However, with no 2019 picks at the moment, and the prospect pool being quite gutted, I'm open to the idea of receiving a quantity of mid-to-late picks and/or equivalent prospects in this case, especially if I don't have to take salary back.

• Upvote 3

VANCOUVER — Quinn Hughes won't be looking to put on a show when he makes his NHL debut with the Vancouver Canucks.

"I don't think I need to do anything special," the 19-year-old defenceman said after practice on Wednesday. "I just need to get the puck up to the forwards because they're so skilled. So I'm just going to try to do my job and keep the puck out of the net."

Hughes, the seventh-overall pick at last year's draft, signed with Vancouver more than two weeks ago after his University of Michigan Wolverines were bounced from the playoffs. But the young blue liner suffered a deep ankle bruise while blocking a shot in the NCAA playoffs and the injury has delayed his first NHL game.

That will change on Thursday when the Canucks host the L.A. Kings.

Healing has taken longer than Hughes thought it would but he feels like he's "pretty much" back to 100 per cent and he will make his NHL debut on Thursday.

"I feel good so whenever they tell me I'm playing, I'm going to play," he said.

Hughes has had company during his recovery. Fellow Canucks defencemen Ben Hutton and Chris Tanev have been nursing their own injuries.

Hutton said Wednesday that he's ready to get back in the lineup as soon as the team's medical staff give their OK.

Sitting on the sidelines with a fractured foot for more than three weeks has been "brutal," the 25-year-old said.

"It's very frustrating, especially at that point in the season," he said. "I'm watching the games, sometimes swearing at the pillow and stuff like that, wanting to be out there."

Time off the ice gave Hutton a chance to get to know Hughes. The newbie was quiet and shy at first, he said, but has since opened up and now asks a lot of questions.

When he gets in a game, fans will be impressed, Hutton said.

"He's a young kid but he's pretty mature at the same time. I feel like he's going to be able to handle it well," he said. "He's going to go out there and ooh and aah a couple of people. He's going to be confident, he's going to go out there and make his plays. So I'm excited to see him play."

In his first full Canucks practice on Wednesday, Green paired the five-foot-10, 170-pound Hughes with Luke Schenn, a six-foot-two, 221-pound d-man who's logged more than 700 NHL games.

The set up simply made sense, the coach said, explaining that he likes his other defensive pairings and wants the left-handed Hughes playing with a righty.

Schenn may also have some wisdom to share, Green added.

"I think he'll be a good guy to talk to on the bench. I think just calming nerves. He's not going to model his game after Schenner, they're opposites," he said. "But he'll be able to give him some good advice."

A former fifth-overall Toronto Maple Leafs draft pick, Schenn knows what's it's like to be a young defenceman surrounded by big expectations.

He jumped straight to the NHL in 2008, with his debut coming on opening night in Detroit — the same night the Red Wings were hoisting their Stanley Cup banner.

"I think my first shift was against (Chris) Osgood, (Brian) Rafalski, (Nicklas) Lidstrom, (Pavel) Datsyuk, (Henrik) Zetterberg and (Tomas) Holmstrom," Schenn said. "So that was a bit of a 'What am I doing out here?' moment. And you try to hurry off to the bench as quick as you can when you see those guys."

Every player remembers their first game and Hughes will be no different, the 29-year-old added.

"It's a moment you've been dreaming of your entire life and you've just got to enjoy it, don't over think it," he said. "Obviously there's going to be some nerves and butterflies, but he'll be fine. He'll settle right in. Obviously he's a guy who plays with a ton of confidence so he'll be great and I'm looking forward to it."

Hughes grew up in Toronto and remembers watching an 18-year-old Schenn play for the Leafs.

"He definitely knows what he's talking about," Hughes said. "When you've got an experienced vet behind you like him, it's pretty easy. I'm just going to follow his lead. I'm excited."

https://www.tsn.ca/canucks-d-hughes-to-make-debut-tonight-1.1280812

Good luck tonight Mr.Hughes . 

Hope he will be a solid Addition for next Season . Our Defence doesnt looks bad if all Players stay healthy.  Specially Demers and Gunnarsson were hardly missed most of the Season. 

Keith , Petry , Demers , Cernak, Weegar , Gunnarsson , Hughes  ...Kampfer , Claesson as Depth Additions and probably Ryan Lingren if all works fine. 

• Upvote 2

Brady Keeper with a solid NHL debut. 

+1, 2 hits, 1 BLK in 12:40 ice time.

Pretty good for a guy who couldn’t even afford the plane ride to Florida after signing his nhl contract. The story to the nhl for this guy is just incredible.

• Upvote 4

2d6p5s8.jpg

Sorry about the delay - this should have been posted 2 days ago. Week has been rough to say the least. 

The New York Rangers have claimed Matt Hendricks. My apologies to the respective teams, I'll back date this to the appropriate date. 

Paul Carey has cleared waivers.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jaku said:

2d6p5s8.jpg

Sorry about the delay - this should have been posted 2 days ago. Week has been rough to say the least. 

The New York Rangers have claimed Matt Hendricks. My apologies to the respective teams, I'll back date this to the appropriate date. 

Paul Carey has cleared waivers.

The Habs wishes Matt all the best and good Luck in the Post Season with the New York Rangers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

The Habs wishes Matt all the best and good Luck in the Post Season with the New York Rangers. 

Can he play in the playoffs?

IRL (and in FL) a waiver claim made after the deadline is unable to participate in the post-season. Not sure if that's a rule here though.

18 hours ago, D-Money said:

Can he play in the playoffs?

IRL (and in FL) a waiver claim made after the deadline is unable to participate in the post-season. Not sure if that's a rule here though.

We’re looking into the NHL CBA right now and haven’t found anything yet, but when we do we will share it with everyone! 

• Upvote 1