The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

20 hours ago, D-Money said:

Can he play in the playoffs?

IRL (and in FL) a waiver claim made after the deadline is unable to participate in the post-season. Not sure if that's a rule here though.

If you could find where it says that IRL that would be good, cause I can't find anywhere that says that. I'm pretty sure that rule only applies if a player is put on waivers during the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Baer. said:

If you could find where it says that IRL that would be good, cause I can't find anywhere that says that. I'm pretty sure that rule only applies if a player is put on waivers during the playoffs.

Ditto. I spent 3 ish hours (off and on) reading articles about the waiver rule in the CBA and i even found a pdf of the CBA and read a chunk of it. I haven't been able to find anything about it.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

The rule isn’t under waivers in the CBA. Hendricks is eligible, but just only for Bomba’s team. @Jaku

**deleted the pic to save space

Do you have a link to that? We will go over the source and make a decision on it. 

1 minute ago, Salter said:

**deleted the pic to save space

Do you have a link to that? We will go over the source and make a decision on it. 

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2019/2/19/18226193/this-years-nhl-trade-deadline-the-times-dates-and-rules-toronto-maple-leafs

https://flamesnation.ca/2019/02/20/all-the-weird-cba-stuff-you-need-to-know-for-the-trade-deadline/

Top one is the picture. Second one is another source that says the same thing. There are even more... I just googled “Playoff Eligibility waiver deadline nhl”.

I would read through the CBA, to find the article related to this, but I deal with enough legal Mumbo Jumbo in my RL job! :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Art Vandelay said:

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2019/2/19/18226193/this-years-nhl-trade-deadline-the-times-dates-and-rules-toronto-maple-leafs

https://flamesnation.ca/2019/02/20/all-the-weird-cba-stuff-you-need-to-know-for-the-trade-deadline/

Top one is the picture. Second one is another source that says the same thing. There are even more... I just googled “Playoff Eligibility waiver deadline nhl”.

I would read through the CBA, to find the article related to this, but I deal with enough legal Mumbo Jumbo in my RL job! :lol:

No worries! The problem is that is doesn't mention it anywhere in the CBA (at least Jaku and I haven't found it through all of our searching and reading) We'll discuss

46 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

2465DB9C-13D9-4908-818E-9DBB2D1647A2.jpeg.016bad4de3762130cb1b4a3e29ad737f.jpeg

The rule isn’t under waivers in the CBA. Hendricks is eligible, but just only for Bomba’s team. @Jaku

I think, for simplicity's sake, we say any player not on a team's roster before or on TDL is ineligible for playoffs, period. Excluding overseas or ncaa prospects. There are no real life examples of players being waived or claimed post deadline i care to put effort into finding, because it would be lose-lose. Team would have to use one of their last recalls to replace said player, and the claiming team wouldnt be able to use them anyways.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I think, for simplicity's sake, we say any player not on a team's roster before or on TDL is ineligible for playoffs, period. Excluding overseas or ncaa prospects. There are no real life examples of players being waived or claimed post deadline i care to put effort into finding, because it would be lose-lose. Team would have to use one of their last recalls to replace said player, and the claiming team wouldnt be able to use them anyways.

This has become the official position of our league. 

Give Art your rep points, though! We wouldn't have reached this conclusion without him :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Salter said:

No worries! The problem is that is doesn't mention it anywhere in the CBA (at least Jaku and I haven't found it through all of our searching and reading) We'll discuss

I think we have always had the policy a guy must be signed before the start of a CDC Puck season to play in it.

Coming at it from the fantasy angle, if you sandbag a player, try to save him sign him next summer?  Which keeps him at a more mature with him still on an ELC; I see no reason to allow guys to sign players late & make them eligible for the play off's. 

I don't think I am contesting your point, probably reinforcing it is all...

46 minutes ago, Eli4sPetterss0n said:

Hello. I have never done fantasy hockey before and am interested in joining. 

Hello friend, would you like to make some large, extremely questionable trades? I have a nice bridge to sell you, for a very reasonable price. ;)

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Dang these ridiculously early start times. Didn't get time to set my goalies. Looks like I'm missing out on yet another Bobrovsky shutout, while Martin Jones isn't even in net. :sadno:

Think I have 1st wrapped up, but was hoping to hit 6595 by the end of the year (to pass the record set by Carolina last year).

• Cheers 1