Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Did LA & Wpg switch teams? 

Ottawa??

WTF...

Not a fan of shuffling the decks.     

We also make sure that the divisions don't become lopsided as a result. Hence why we didn't do a Winnipeg/Ottawa swap. Ideally this is a rare scenario. We're not just going to allow anyone to swap as they please.

2 hours ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Is this just based on points, or on like overall team contribution including playoffs? Cause if it's the second one it's gotta be binnington, no?

Playoffs aren't part of the equation (with the exception of the playoff mvp award).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Playoffs aren't part of the equation (with the exception of the playoff mvp award).

Which should have been apparent by it being called "The Matthew Barzal Award". Barzal didn't play a playoff game until this season.

Sharks update:

We are looking for both 2019 and 2020 picks and prospects.

Asking prices for available players equal to pick:

Devan Dubnyk (33, MIN, 4.33m until 2021) - late 1st

Jonas Brodin (25, MIN, 4.17m until 2021) - 2nd

Ryan Getzlaf (34, ANA, 8.25m until 2021) - mid 1st

Jamie Benn (29, DAL, 10.50m until 2024) - very high 1st or mix of picks/prospects

Tage Thompson (21, BUF, 0.93m until 2020) - 1st/2nd

Dmitrij Jaskin (26, WSH, 2.15m until 2021) - 3rd/4th

Chandler Stephenson (25, WSH, 0.93m until 2020) - 3rd/4th

Kyle Clifford (28, LAK, 1.60m until 2020) - 3rd

Retentions are possible. Prices are not set.

• Cheers 1

On 6/10/2019 at 6:27 AM, Master Mind said:

trophy_calderlg.jpg

The nominees for the Matthew Barzal Award, given to the league's top rookie are:

Jordan Binnington, FLA

Anthony Cirelli, BUF/ARZ

Elias Pettersson, NYI

Perhaps in the future we could rename this... On second thought.. Nvm Peteys name doesn't belong on a trophy. It's greater than that. They should rename earth to Planet EP40... Or something like that ;)

Good amount of lolz on the goalie and dman trophies, well played gents :lol:

On 6/11/2019 at 8:20 AM, thejazz97 said:

Re: relocation, I don't think it would happen too often. I know that VAN/PIT LA/OTT/WPG only happened because of GMs being removed or removing themselves for inactivity. I don't think that too many teams would be in favour of giving up their city, and I wouldn't expect it to be normalized where people are swapping teams every other week.

Oh man... Vancouver was available for relocation?! Totally missed the boat on that one :(

Congrats @thejazz97 on the championship. Glad to see all your work put into building your team pay off.

While it's never fun to lose a cup final, it is however great to see Joel PLAYOFF STUD Edmundson hoist the cup! He doesn't play game 6, Blues lose 5-1. He plays game 7, they win 4-1. Co-incidence? I think not!

0a9ef13d-d57b-45ad-ab8e-3b92839cc22e_360

• Upvote 4