The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

6 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Updating roster moves, got to one minor detail I missed on NJ's page on deadline day.  Noticed his salary for the 2018-19 season.  All totaled with full season numbers, MV's roster comes in at $95.3 million dollars!! :lol: :blink:

Thank God for our pro-rated salaries eh Mike?

:o

I thought this was MLBGML ?!?

• Haha 2

It's been a frustrating year for the Habs, as our depth was severely tested due to injuries and we couldn't fill our lineup as some our kids weren't ready. And while we did make a pretty significant move by sending a package including Shea Theodore to Winnipeg, we feel really good about where things stand as we head into next year. Talks have already begun with Taylor Hall as we look to bring back the reigning MVP long term, and as it stands pretty much everyone on our list below will be coming back for another kick at the can next year.

So we'll be keeping an eye on how things go here down the stretch with the veterans we brought in and the kids that are earning their looks, and some decisions will be made in the off-season. But we are hoping that some consistency in the lineup down the stretch here will have primed for a big year next year. And when we mean one more kick at the can, we mean it, as a pile of veterans will be UFA's following next year...

Habs Updated Lineup

Galchenyuk - Duchene - Giroux

Nieto - Patrick - Eberle

Leipsic - Compher - Chiasson

Clifford - Strome - Carrier

Bastian - Blais

Matheson - E. Johnson

DeAngelo - Savard

Walker - Benning

Brisebois

Lundqvist

Miller

IR: Hall, Svechnikov

Bold = RFA

Italics = UFA

Just now, canuck2xtreme said:

Obviously I've worded the OP very poorly. Needs more clarification. Will look into this.

Seems worded fine to me....

If Ryan didn't require waivers I would have kept him but he clearly falls in the "under 26" category with over 50 gp.

gettyimages-1051106722-1024x1024.jpg

Jonathan Bernier is avaliable:

CBJ now has 3 NHL goaltenders with room for only 2. We feel keeping Jonathan Bernier in the AHL is unfair to him given he has played 28 games so far this season. 

If you need an NHL goaltender Jonathan is available for pickup via waivers today and Sunday. 

We feel Jonathan deserves to play in the NHL and have told him we would like to help him back to the bigs. Unfortunately he doesn't fit into our plans here in CBJ. We intend to roll with Lehner and Blackwood moving forward.

If you need a goaltender and would like us to waive Bernier at a date of your choosing we are happy to do so - please shoot us a PM.

Cheers

Edited by Rush17