Djoos, McQuaid

Pelech, Bowey

Moore, Russell

Morin *pending recall after Sbisa clears/claimed

Vasilevskiy, Hart

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

CALL-UP: The Columbus Blue Jackets call-up Defenseman Luke Schenn of the Cleveland Monsters.

I forgot to do this last night because of all the excitement. :lol:

Thanks everyone for making it so special. 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Dallas Stars have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche.

To COL:

small.png Sam Bennett
small.png Adam Pelech

To DAL:

small.png Markus Granlund

small.png Dennis Cholowski

small.png Jakob Zboril

small.png Joel Farabee

Firstly, I would like to thank @aGENT for the smooth and fair negotiations.

Second, though it was a tough decision to move them both, the Stars organization wishes both Sam Bennett and Adam Pelech good fortune with their new club. These were players we had intended on re-signing and using as foundational pieces in our rebuild.

Lastly, we are ecstatic to add the four incoming players to our group. Our management's mandate when being brought on was to rebuild our roster with the necessary pieces to be annual contenders for the top prize, and we feel we added to that yesterday. Markus is a versatile player that can be slotted anywhere in our line-up, Joel Farabee is an exciting and talented player, excelling in the NCAAA, that we hope will add scoring and speed to our top two lines in the coming years, and we gained two young defensemen that we believe will add to a new core on our backend. 

When taking over as GM of the Stars, it was readily apparent that there was not enough of the high-end D prospects in the system to one day form a blue-line that would compete with the league's best. In adding Dennis Cholowski we believe we acquired a young man well on his way to becoming a rock solid two-way contributor on our future Top 4 D, with potential to rise to becoming a top unit player. Zboril is a prospect who has had a slower development than I'm sure he desired when drafted, but the Stars feel there is yet a considerable ability for him to become a solid contributor to an NHL squad. These two young D are being added to our team's defensive prospect pool that has been revamped in the last year, joining Juuso Valimaki, Noah Dobson, Jonny Tychonick, Kyle Capobianco, Sean Day, Dominik Masin, and Jalen Chatfield. We feel our plan of being able to ice a top young D squad has begun to take shape.

Additionally, we were able to ship pending UFA Lee Stempniak to the NJD for a 2020 4th round pick, and we thank @Mike Vanderhoek for the always equitable process.

Updated Dallas Stars

Lindholm (3.500) - E. Staal (5.000) - Mantha (1.850)

Steen (6.500) - J. Staal (5.250) - Kapanen (1.500) 

McCann (2.350) - Bozak (4.250) - Granlund (0.825)

Dickinson (0.900) - Cousins (1.250) - Armia (1.750) 

Kunin (1.450) - ___________

MacDonald (5.000) - J. Johnson (6.750)

Pysyk (1.500) - Hutton (2.100)

Schlemko (2.250) - Welinski (1.000)

Greiss (3.000) - Demko (0.975)

LTIR: Methot (2.500), Laberge

Houston  Aeros

Tufte - Steel - Read 

Gregor - Stephens  - Kerdiles

Pouliot - Blandisi - Bunting

Valimaki - Cholowski

Day - Chatfield

Masin - Zboril

Vanelli - Lindgren

Paliotta - Reinhart

Jacobs -

Darling

Unsigned

Evan Barratt

Jonas Rondbjerg

Mason Shaw

Noah Dobson

Jonny Tychonick

Wade Allison

David Gustafsson

Lukas Dostel

Joel Farabee

2018 Draft: DAL 1st, DAL 2nd, TOR 2nd, DAL 3rd, BOS 3rd, DAL 4th

2019 Draft: DAL 1st, DAL 2nd, PHI 2nd, DAL 3rd, DAL 4th, BOS 4th, COL 4th

Edited by theminister
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

flyers_devils_hockey.jpg

Fun fact: Rookie goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood will become the 6th goaltender this season to start a game for the Columbus Blue Jackets. He plays tonight against the Calgary Flames.

Fleury, Mrazek, Brossoit, Lehner, and Kinkaid have all started games this season for CBJ.

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Carolina Hurricanes have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To CAR:

small.png Rickard Rakell

small.png FLA 2019 1st Round Draft Selection

To FLA:

small.png Michael Frolik

small.png Nick Jensen

small.png Victor Mete

We want to thank @Tony Romo for the smooth negotiations on this one. Though it was tough giving up our last pick in this draft, we felt comfortable with the move considering we were adding a young defenseman with the ability of Victor Mete. Will believe he has the potential to be a great piece on our back-end, and step into a depth role for us this year, and into a #4 or #5 slot for next season. 

Michael will add some good depth scoring for us, he has had a few speedbumps this year but is producing at a .5 pts/gm pace in his 46 games which is great production.

Nick is a nice depth addition for us, signed through next season at a great contract, will be a nice option for our coaching staff and a solid piece for our defensive core

Best of luck to Rickard moving forward with Carolina, he really broke out in his time with our club, we wish him all the best moving forward. 

• Upvote 1

Image result for columbus blue jackets

POST TRADE DEADLINE STATEMENT:

The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to welcome Ryan Hartman, Oscar Lindberg, Mackenzie Blackwood, and Luke Schenn to the Jackets family. It is a pleasure to welcome these players to our re-tooling organization. We have worked tirelessly this season to revamp this roster to obtain long term success in Columbus. We feel these additions along with the acqusitions of Brett Pesce, Andrew Shaw, and Nikita Zadorov earlier this month we are well on our way to become comeptitive club once again.

Sustainable success is our goal and we look forward to the upcoming 2019 NHL Entry Draft where we have 5 draft selections including (2) 1st Round Draft Choices; and The 2019 Free Agency Window where we look to further add to our team. Our goal is to be a contender in 3 years time. We are in year 1 of that plan; We look forward to drafting some talented players who can join our youngsters in Cleveland. Columbus has 9 Draft Selections in the 2020 Draft;  Including 3 First Round Picks

We feel confident about our youth in Cleveland and are excited to see whom of them is ready to take the next step next season. MacKenzie Blackwood has been recalled and will take the place of Jonathan Bernier following our trade with the Islanders. If Bernier clears, he will report to the Cleveland Monsters and provide us important goaltending depth moving forward. 

Ryan Hartman and Oscar Lindberg have reported directly to Columbus and will be playing tonight.  Luke Schenn was recalled first thing this morning and will remain with the club for the remainder of the regular season. We would like to thank @Dak Prescott @Jaku @aGENT @Mike Vanderhoek for the fun negotiations. We wish all of our former players all the best in the postseason! Below is an updated organizational depth chart for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Columbus Blue JacketsOrganizational Depth Chart
Image result for columbus blue jackets                                                             Image result for cleveland monsters

Kerfoot, Dubois, Gagner

Shaw, Krejci, Virtanen

Lucic, Zacha, Hartman

Motte, Lindberg, Lewis

Fischer, Berglund

Murray, DeMelo

Zadorov, Pesce

Schenn, Braun

R. Murphy

Lehner, Blackwood

Kaprizov, Dube, Dahlen

Gaudet, Highmore, Blidth

Howarth

Tryamkin, T. Murphy

Juolevi, Wotherspoon

Peeke

Bernier, Tokarski

Unsigned prospects:

Venyamin Baranov (D)

Michael DiPietro (G)

Jake Oettinger (G)

Special thanks to C2X, Mike V, Squeak and all the folks who make this possible!

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/27/2019 at 7:14 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Vegas Golden Knights have made a trade with the Washington Capitals.

To WSH:

small.png Alex Killorn

small.png Mathieu Joseph

To VGK:

small.png Jakub Silfverberg

small.png Tage Thompson

small.png WSH 2020 1st Round Draft Selection

small.png WSH 2020 2nd Round Draft Selection

This was probably the toughest trade I have ever decided to make. Jakob Silfverberg has spent his entire career in Washington. I signed him to a contact eight seasons ago and he has been part of our core group ever since. I always thought of him as a guy with more offensive upside with his body, work ethic, skillset and the unique release on his shot. I remember after signing him he had a record breaking season in the SEL, leading the league in goals and winning MVP. He came over and played for Ottawa in the first round of the playoffs this year and was part of our only run to the finals during my tenure. He was also a key contributor to our President Trophy winning season 2 years ago. He has developed into a defense first player in Anaheim which only exemplifies his willingness to do whatever it takes to win and his team first mentality. Always upped his game significantly come playoff time with the versatility to play wing anywhere on the top three lines with any players. One of my favourite players of all time, he will truly be missed.

Tage Thompson is a prospect that we also have believed very strongly in and truly thought he would be a future cornerstone of our franchise. I have enough experience developing young power forwards that I understand the virtue of patience. Though consistency is still an issue with Tage he sometimes does things on the ice that just make me drool over his potential as a goal scorer. He's another piece that will thrive in Sin City.

With all that being said our management group decided that if we truly want a shot at winning we had to make this move for two long term pieces that will likely go deep into the playoffs.

This season is my 9th as GM of Washington. I have won a few division titles. This will be my 7th season in the playoffs. We have a Presidents Trophy and have been to the finals once along with four first round exits. 

We knew New Jersey would flip every non player without an NTC as well as all his draft picks for the upcoming two seasons in order to win the cup again and at this point we have to be very aggressive in order to keep pace with what has been the top team in our division for multiple seasons come playoff time.

Our bottom 6 was real shallow at the start of the season and we feel now that we have a group capable of competing in the playoffs with the top teams this season, and also have some exciting young talent to move forward with which gave us the ability to move so many draft picks for players to help us win the cup now!

Washington Capitals Lineup:

Kreider - Turris - Laine

Kane - Nylander - Dzingel 

Marleau - Killorn - Heinen 

Copp - Lowry - Kassian

Roslovic

Joseph

Yandle - Ellis 

Chara - Klingberg 

Toews - Gudas

Grzelcyk

Murray

DeSmith

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Clayton Keller-Nathan Mackinnon-Zach Parise

Andreas Athanasiou-Alex wennberg-Richard Rackell

Pontus Aberg-JG pageau-Magnus Paajarvi

Martin Frk-Zemgus Girgensons-Johan larssoon

martin frk

zach werenski-Charlie Mcavoy

Danny Deleyser-Brendan Guhle

Brendan Smith-Mark Barbeiro

christian folin

cam ward

anders nilsson

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Inside the War Room of the Maple Leafs on deadline day

- In the days leading up to the deadline the Leafs upper management had to decisions to make on how they were gonna approach this years trade deadline. As it stands right now they are in a playoff spot and as it currently stands they would be playing the top team in the league in the Florida Panthers. The Leafs do not have a 1st round pick in this years draft and only have 3 total in 2019. So a first round exit wouldn't be ideal for the future of the club, they do have a few nice pieces for the future in Oliver Wahlstrom, Adam Fox and Janne Kuokkanen but is it enough to maintain long term success?? 

-So we get to trade deadline day and after a long day of the Leafs GM's side job he gets home makes some dinner and then settles down with his phone and computer and opens up discord and begins to talk with a few other teams. Judging by a few of the offers we had the Leafs were in buy mode---actually maybe they were in sell mode----actually maybe they just wanted to shake things up.... It was hard to get a read on what they wanted to do. I don't even think they knew what they wanted to do.

-Its almost deadline time and despite having a few talks with some teams the Leafs aren't really close to any deals. Then out of nowhere the GM says out loud in the room that we should just make a blockbuster deal and put that message out to all 30 teams in the league. A few teams reached out to the Leafs and asked what kind of blockbuster they were thinking of, were they buying or selling.. Of course to this point the Leafs still didn't know and just wanted to see what was out there and see what kind of offers they could get. It had been rumored that Erik Karlsson and Nazim Kadri were some players the Leafs were putting up in hopes to get a significant return. We had heard that the Ottawa Senators were one of the teams that reached out to the Leafs and talk was going back and forth. The Leafs had eyed Miro Heiskanen as a player they wanted in return but the Senators let them know right away that he would be pretty hard to move. During this time the Leafs were also talking with 3 other teams, while trying to figure out salary cap and roster implications with each offer that had come across their table.

-During this whole time the Leafs had also been in discussions with the Vegas Golden knights and apparently had some small talks with the Golden Knights for the past few weeks. It is now about 15 minutes before the deadline and talks really heat up between VGK  and TML and meanwhile Sens and Wild are working with the Leafs to try and make a deal, but at this point all the focus is on a deal with VGK. Now its 7:55pm and the Leafs and VGK finally come to agreement and the Leafs GM contacts the league head office and submits the trade, but he was in such a panic he forgot to add the VGK GM to the conversation. At about 7:59:50 he adds the VGK GM and he accepts the deal. A very stressful few minutes, but both teams are happy with the deal that was just completed........or wait maybe it wasn't.

-Their was such a panic and lots going on at the time when the 2 teams were coming up with details of the trade that they forgot to check the fine print and one of the draft picks that was traded had already been moved as part of a condition of another trade. The league had informed both teams of this and both teams GM's were disappointed that they couldn't get this deal done but knew they needed to have all details and are in full agreement with the league. Now some people were saying that Seguin and Karlsson were part of the deal but I can guarantee you that they were not. I can tell you though that Tomas Tatar was one of the players involved. It was unclear which players were involved going the other way but rumors were either Fox or Kuokkanen were going the other way.

-So as it stands the Leafs don't make any moves for the playoff push and the roster will look like this

Bailey- Kadri- Radulov

Johannson-Backlund-Pirri

Lehkonen-Nelson-Karlsson

Tanev-Vatrano-Barbashev

Sheahan-Caggiula

Karlsson-Brodie

Petry-McNabb

Reilly- Zaitsev

Oleksiak

Quick

Copley

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Assuming Sbisa cleared and Morin can be on active roster @Squeak and @canuck2xtreme?

Working on the last couple roster moves right now actually. A few updates between now and then, but my understanding is that Sbisa cleared.

While on the topic, everyone please remember to include both Squeak and myself when submitting a waiver claim, so that it can be processed as quickly as possible. Thanks!

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Working on the last couple roster moves right now actually. A few updates between now and then, but my understanding is that Sbisa cleared.

While on the topic, everyone please remember to include both Squeak and myself when submitting a waiver claim, so that it can be processed as quickly as possible. Thanks!

You want us to tag you guys in waiver (and activation etc presumably) posts now?

Good idea!

Should probably update OP rules page with that as well.

26 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Any word on Bernier? Do we get to keep our depth goalie?

On 2/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

NOTE: If your team chart has a "Player Acquired" section listing a player you have added today underneath the IR section, it is because you added a player to your roster without the room to slot them into the lineup.  You must find a place for the player within 24 hours of the trade being posted.

Will be going over rosters today... make sure you've addressed any players in this situation before issues arise...   #fairwarning