The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Sens acquire Mikkel Boedker, dman Julius Bergman and a sixth in 2020 from San Jose Sharks for Mike Hoffman, Cody Donaghy and Ottawa’s fifth in 2020:

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I really like the city of Ottawa, sucks that their team has become the laughingstock of the league.  Pennies on the dollar for them.  Hell SJS did better in trading him.  Great move by them, cleared an overpaid third liner, got draft pics and cap space.  Nice start to the post-season for them.

I think Ottawa knew Florida was interested but was asking for more than what Florida gave up to San Jose because they are in the same division.

My guess is that once word got out San Jose acquired Hoffman Florida made the call to San Jose and offered what they were going to offer to Ottawa.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I'm curious who you believe they've replaced Marleau and Thornton with?

Well I wrote that before Hoffman had been flipped.....so that wouldve helped with Marleau's departure.  Hoffman has been on an avg 25+ goals/yr avg the past 4 years.  And if Tavares wouldve signed, he wouldve replaced Thornton.  The here and now, guys like Meier, Hertl, etc all coming into their own help Thornton/Marleau departure by replacing the points they would produce.

2 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Well I wrote that before Hoffman had been flipped.....so that wouldve helped with Marleau's departure.  Hoffman has been on an avg 25+ goals/yr avg the past 4 years.  And if Tavares wouldve signed, he wouldve replaced Thornton.  The here and now, guys like Meier, Hertl, etc all coming into their own help Thornton/Marleau departure by replacing the points they would produce.

Sounded like you claimed they had replaced those two, not that Tavares 'could'...if they managed to sign him.

I think the Canucks are actually closer to having replaced the Sedins than SJ is to replacing their departing core.

I would not trade youth with them, not even close.

3 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I think the Sharks are in retool mode, which (we all know) doesn’t work.  I see them taking a big step backwards this coming season.  They were smart to dump Hoffman fast and bring in picks.  They need young talent.  They are older and slow now.  

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think the Sharks are in retool mode, which (we all know) doesn’t work.  I see them taking a big step backwards this coming season.  They were smart to dump Hoffman fast and bring in picks.  They need young talent.  They are older and slow now.  

Honestly, we dont know if it was his GF on twitter or not. Thay being said, Hoff is a constant 25+ goals scorer and has wheels and would do alot of good for SJ but he will do pretty good in Florida. His GF is SUPER stoked coz now she gets to live in Maijami now

.......tax free

Archived