The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] all those players on your list

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

i like your line up.  hoping we can replace some d men with young guys. 

I think OJ and Hughes are a year away.  Sautner looked good as a call-up last year.

We're finally at the point where the callups are going to be guys with a potential to be part of the future.  No more Megna or Chaput.  Our organizational depth has really been filled out now that a lot of Benning's picks are ready to turn pro.

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Eriksson-Sutter-Pettersson

Leipsic-Granlund-Virtanen

Schaller-Beagle-Roussel

Goldobin

Edler-Gudbranson

Del Zotto-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Pouliot

Markstrom

Nilsson

Waive Gaunce, Gagner, Biega.  Everyone

Utica:

Lind-Gagner-Dahlen

Gadjovich-Gaudette-Palmu

Jasek-Gaunce-Boucher

Archibald-Motte-McEwen

Juolevi-Sautner

Briesbrois-Biega

Chatfield-McEneny

Demko

Bachman

That seems very realistic of a roster to expect, though I question how much scoring depth they're really going to have after that top 6.  Hoping Jake can break out and Leipsic is a solid winger too, but Granny and the 4th line guys aren't the most offensively capable guys, plus with Gagner initially signed for scoring help anyways and putting up some numbers last season, I don't see him getting sent down outright.  

10 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i want to know, the specific players you don't see on this team. are they traded or re-assigned?

It's really hard to name names at this point because summers of good training will make all the difference for Hutton, Pouliot, Juolevi (back), Boucher and others.

And then there's the Hughes decision.  I really don't think there's a bad decision for his development ultimately but I have to think that there is some disagreement amongst the principles that is holding up the decision.  If he turns pro, they'll try to get him playing with the Canucks and there will be a huge fall out amongst players like Hutton, Pouliot, and MDZ.  If he waits a year, he'll be that much stronger as a rookie the following year.

I think that Gagner is more highly regarded by the team than by most fans on here.  In his favour is his ability to play all forward positions and his leadership.  And I'm sure there is still hope that they can use him on the 2nd power play unit

I also think that Leipsic is over rated by fans.  I have my doubts about Goldobin.  I think that Gaunce will be waived.  Granlund will end up 13th forward imo.  So,

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Eriksson Sutter Pettersson

Roussel Gagner Virtanen

Schaller Beagle Gaudette

Granlund

Edler Gudbranson

Pouliot Tanev

MDZ Stecher

Hutton Biega

If I'm being realistic. To start the season for the Comets: Pettersson, Hughes, Juolevi, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Gaudette, Lind, Jasek, Palmu, Kero, Motte, Boucher, Archi, Demko.

Starting for the Canucks: 

Bae Bo Boeser

Loui Sutter Virtanen

Granlund Gagner Goldy

Roussel Beagle Schaller

Depth: Leipsic Gaunce

Edler Gud

Hutton Tanev

DelZotto Stetcher

Depth: Pouliot Biega

hoping to finish the season we see at least 3 if not 4 of the guys who started with the Comets make the jump FT to the Canucks Supplanting Gagner Loui and Del Zotto. 

Something like: 

Bae Bo Boeser 20mins

Pete Sutter Virtanen 15mins

Granlund Gaudette Goldy 10mins

Roussel Beagle Schaller 15 mins heavy D zone deployment

Depth: Leipsic Gaunce

Edler Gud

Hughes Tanev

Hutton Stetcher

Depth: Pouliot Biega 

Markstrom 

Demko

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

It's really hard to name names at this point because summers of good training will make all the difference for Hutton, Pouliot, Juolevi (back), Boucher and others.

And then there's the Hughes decision.  I really don't think there's a bad decision for his development ultimately but I have to think that there is some disagreement amongst the principles that is holding up the decision.  If he turns pro, they'll try to get him playing with the Canucks and there will be a huge fall out amongst players like Hutton, Pouliot, and MDZ.  If he waits a year, he'll be that much stronger as a rookie the following year.

I think that Gagner is more highly regarded by the team than by most fans on here.  In his favour is his ability to play all forward positions and his leadership.  And I'm sure there is still hope that they can use him on the 2nd power play unit

I also think that Leipsic is over rated by fans.  I have my doubts about Goldobin.  I think that Gaunce will be waived.  Granlund will end up 13th forward imo.  So,

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Eriksson Sutter Pettersson

Roussel Gagner Virtanen

Schaller Beagle Gaudette

Granlund

Edler Gudbranson

Pouliot Tanev

MDZ Stecher

Hutton Biega

I like this line up I think you are right Gaunce is probably waived and clears, however, I believe he will be the first called back up for the simple fact that they can sit him in the pressbox without hurting his development. I don't think Gaudette, Pete, Hughes, Dahlen get recalled until they have a legit opening for them to get some quality NHL minutes. 

Just because you have doubts re Goldy doesn't make him vanish. Having Goldy start with the Nucks will allow Pete to get his feet wet in the A for a month or 2 before jumping into the NHL. 

Archived