The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

5 hours ago, Curt said:

There is certainly a problem whether it'a too much stress or too low wages. One or the other. A big turnover is usually not a good sign unless it's a fast food joint. 

It's like a call centre job, can't imagine many looking to make a career of it (although nothing wrong with doing so). For many it's likely a stepping stone to something better.

I think the Washington game coming up will have pretty high demand.

It will be the first home game after a potentially very successful road trip , and that being a Friday night and also Diwali celebration theme night.

Last year's Diwali celebration theme night (vs Colorado) had pretty high demand as well.

Edited by bt116
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bt116 said:

I think the Washington game coming up will have pretty high demand.

It will be the first home game after a potentially very successful road trip , and that being a Friday night and also Diwali celebration theme night.

Last year's Diwali celebration theme night (vs Colorado) had pretty high demand as well.

I think you might be right. It's always odd which games end up being in high demand. Last year Boston surprised me big time.

I also suspect New Jersey on the 10th will be very popular.

I wish I could get more tickets to LA Kings on 28th. I think that will be an awesome game.

Edited by DonaldBrashear
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

How come so much? Rest of their games are in the 30's and 40's. Even Saturday games. What's so special about a Detroit friday game?

Nothing should have been.  Demand just starting picking up bigtime the last day or so.  

Warning here to everyone and public service announcement. STUBHUB HAS JACKED UP THEIR PRICES big time. Earlier this year, they increased the sellers fees from 10% to 15% (or more). We knew that. But now they have jacked up the buyers fees too. Today, I did a comparison, and here is what it came to:

Stubhub
For every $100 I get, stubhub charges the buyer $144.92

Ticketmaster+
For every $100 I get, TM+ charges the buyer $127.50

Bottom line is, stubhub is now charging as much as 45% per sale and meanwhile TM+ is sticking with their original 27.5%.

That is too big of a difference to ignore. No matter how you look at it that is $18 out of yours (or the buyers) pocket for every $100 sold.

Even worse, stubhub requires much more manual time listing and selling tickets, while TM+ does it all for you. On top of that, Stubhub sales can result in errors which they will charge you back on your credit card.

It is settled 100% for me - I will be selling exclusively on TM+ now and only using stubhub for very last minute sales. Anyone else selling tickets I encourage you to do the same because frankly this is ridiculous. BTW, they kept sales commissions at 10% for their "big sellers" and only jacked up the price to 15%+ for the little guys. No thanks. #boycottstubhub

If you want to do a comparison yourself, go and checkout on stubhub and pretend like you are buying your tickets. Compare what the buyer pays (total) to the total payout you get.

• Upvote 1

I would love to use Ticket exchange too. But most of the times it's a real pain selling  tickets on there.  For the less demand games, they just sit there and don't sell. My tickets are priced cheap and most of the time just trying to get my cost back. 

On 10/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, bt116 said:

I would love to use Ticket exchange too. But most of the times it's a real pain selling  tickets on there.  For the less demand games, they just sit there and don't sell. My tickets are priced cheap and most of the time just trying to get my cost back. 

I agree. It is because the Canucks choose not to advertise "resale" tickets on the interactive map. Other teams do this, but Canucks opt out. They used to do it. That is the major source of advertising for TM+.