The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The UCP Alberta Government - Threatens to Turn off Oil Taps

DonLever

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

You want Canadian Oil to be available to the world.  So what is the current % of Canada Oil purchased from India and Indonesia (2 countries you cited)? 

If the pipeline does happen,  I'm pretty sure that China will gobble up any available oil out there.  So how will that improve the purchase power of India and Indonesia?? 

Knock-on effect.  China gobbling up Canadian oil frees up more Russian/Middle-eastern oil for the lesser countries with lesser purchasing power. 

59 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I know, the more useless of the consumption stats for this discussion. 

It isn't useless unless you believe that you are superior in your rights and more deserving of your wants than another individual. 

Per capita is the only valid metric of usage when comparing nations of 20-30 million people with nations of 1.5 billion people. Otherwise, China is richer than Canada and you have no basis of challenging it either, since China's gross GDP is many times that of Canada's. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

:picard::lol:

I just wanted you to see what a fact looked like. 

Despite your very negative diatribe, people here are pushing things for the better. The facts are all there if you ever care to look. It can even be explained using STEM. 

Perhaps he could grasp it if you put your info into an excel spreadsheet for him..... LOL 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

No matter how much you squirm, it won't change the fact, that opposition of oil from Vancouver = world's top 1% consumers of a resource are trying to block the said resource to the rest of the world, causing greater hardship to the poorest in the world. Develop our Mag-levs and replace our trucks and stuff before whining on how rest of the world should use less oil. 

Doesn't change the fact you're a liar.  You used false data and pushed a solid untruth to pursue your argument then cowardly backed down and away and claimed you didn't say it even though I showed clearly by your own words you did.

I have little time for ignorance.  Less time for cowards and no time for liars.

Good day

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Doesn't change the fact you're a liar.  You used false data and pushed a solid untruth to pursue your argument then cowardly backed down and away and claimed you didn't say it even though I showed clearly by your own words you did.

Except not a word i said is a lie. I said Vancouverites are in the top 10% polluters in the world - a fact i supported and even proved to be generous on ( we are actually closer to being in the top 1%). Ergo, no lie, no false data used.  You tried to obfuscate with what our consumption relative to rest of Canada is, which never was my point to begin with. Do not dump your lack of comprehension skills as lies of others, especially when clarified.

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

google harder, i suppose. 

Not to mention, maybe, just maybe, go visit other parts of the world and see what they think of our pampered behinds. 

Nothing but good responses in the 18 countries I’ve visited.  

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

I'm all for the pipeline so long as the Environmental concerns are taken care of and AB will foot the bill for clean up costs.

I'll just post some recent articles regarding oil spills and other tidbits.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/paramount-resources-zama-city-pipeline-leak-1.4621904

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4997355

If we are getting income from transit fare, then we should also pay our share of the cleanup fund. Except for occasional pipeline leaks, the rest of the environmental concerns are more or less nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Nothing but good responses in the 18 countries I’ve visited.  

yes, because humans are in the business of insulting tourists regarding their countries of origin or having serious discussions with tourists at the cost of potentially turning a customer (said tourist) away and a bad review on yelp. 

Being a tourist and having cogent links to rest of the world are not the same. To have the latter, you need to've been an expat for significant portions of your life. 

1 minute ago, canuckistani said:

yes, because humans are in the business of insulting tourists regarding their countries of origin or having serious discussions with tourists at the cost of potentially turning a customer (said tourist) away and a bad review on yelp. 

Being a tourist and having cogent links to rest of the world are not the same. To have the latter, you need to've been an expat for significant portions of your life. 

Well if In fact the rest of the world truly despises me because I’m from the west coast of Canada that’s their problem.

cater to a tourist but backstab the country of origin....that’s rich.

if you think I care what a complete stranger or collective group in a foreign country thinks of me you’re wasting your time.

you can blanket label “us”soft.  But you’re better speaking for yourself.  Statements like that serve only one purpose - a chuckle.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Well if In fact the rest of the world truly despises me because I’m from the west coast of Canada that’s their problem.

cater to a tourist but backstab the country of origin....that’s rich.

if you think I care what a complete stranger or collective group in a foreign country thinks of me you’re wasting your time.

you can blanket label “us”soft.  But you’re better speaking for yourself.  Statements like that serve only one purpose - a chuckle.

Lol. You claim to not care about what complete strangers think. yet respond with multiple posts regarding what the views of complete strangers are re: Vancouverites. Makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Lol. You claim to not care about what complete strangers think. yet respond with multiple posts regarding what the views of complete strangers are re: Vancouverites. Makes sense. 

One post actually directly related to why another may think.

i held back to try and keep it respectful after you’re blanket statement of a soft society.

ill just leave it at that.

tbh the generalizations from you are quite alarming.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, riffraff said:

ill just leave it at that.

tbh the generalizations from you are quite alarming.

Yah, but he is good at STEM type courses.......  Translation -   writes code  24/7  in his moms basement. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

4 hours ago, canuckistani said:

The devious motives are self evident. We assign it to the rich ourselves, when the rich protest taxation we make the exact same argument that I am making - they wanna keep what they have, while not giving a hoot about the poorest of the society. Well until Vacouverites, with their greater disposable income and greater access to transit than 90% of the planet, starts to not be top 10% of oil consumers, their protests are no more than ' don't do what we do but we need it, you can go eff yourself'. 

Pffft.

Demand for better, cleaner, nicer, floating palaces in the sky is everywhere. Actions speak louder than hollow words and actions of Vancouverites is nothing more than ' we will use more oil than 90% of the planet per capita, but its dirty, so we will also block it, so the poorest in the world can go eff themselves'. Thats our actions and that will not be overriden by hollow words. 

PS: I came here and i stay here, because its a soft, easy country to live in. However, i am considering sending my kids overseas to boarding school for a year or two so that they can learn not to be soft as their parents did. 

Here is another beauty.

im sure the kids will face real world hardship within the walls of a private boarding school.

not exactly how how I had my eyes opened but then I wasn’t raised rich or soft.

lol.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Here is another beauty.

im sure the kids will face real world hardship within the walls of a private boarding school.

not exactly how how I had my eyes opened but then I wasn’t raised rich or soft.

lol.

it will give them a first hand view of the outside world away from the west. boarding schools arnt prisons, kids are allowed outside before curfew hours.

40 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

If we are getting income from transit fare, then we should also pay our share of the cleanup fund. Except for occasional pipeline leaks, the rest of the environmental concerns are more or less nonsense. 

Sure in direct proportional % of revenue. 

It's projected that BC gets 8%, AB gets 40%.  So in an event of a spill.  Canada pays 52%, AB pays 40%, and BC pays 8% of the costs (clean-up and restoration).

I'm good with that. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

it will give them a first hand view of the outside world away from the west. boarding schools arnt prisons, kids are allowed outside before curfew hours.

Boarding schools...  Hahhaaa .   Making your kids tough.... HAhHHHAA....  

I am still laughing at that one.