The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCK DRAFT PICK

hockeygod77

1 hour ago, BlastPast said:

I think I'm going to have to take a CDC hiatus between  now and the draft unless something interesting happens. It really is just going to be an endless procession of bad draft and UFA threads.

It’s healthy to do that anyways....To much CDC is linked can cause mental illnesses.

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

SO MAKINGRIGHTMOVE you are one of the fans that cry and cry but have no real input or really just another cull in vancouver..you see players that are rated number one need a good support cast..i think you go against the grain and go with what is going to work..rankings mean something but not at the final product...newhook is going to be good just needs better coaching and get bigger and stronger...tyson joys early pick turris another one...how many high van picks are doing well beside peterson and bowser not too bad...but ya look in your backyard or just go with a good scout sees..not some swedish league or russian etc...a good mix is what you want but ya im warning benning now new hook may be available at ten ,id scoop him up..also sign outhouse to a contract and see how he does in utica...

Something tells me Benning doesn't read these boards for advice on drafting. 

It's not that I don't think Newhook will be a good player, but I feel there will be better options available at our pick. What makes you so sure he'll be better than Krebs/Cozens/Turcotte/Dach/Boldy/Zegras/Soderstrom?

Is it because you have watched him play in person? 

it is because i have sen him play many times and have seen the other guys too somewhat..ive seen lots of hockey over the years..im not giving any advice im just talking like i know for sure..im not boo hoo when the canucks lose or dont make playoffs..i like it all its a business and really im kind of not liking the nhl as much..cost vs good action...bchl or who by far better to watch most nights..just no name guys ..ok as for previous picks and current players..i dont like the picks..all good players but not what i would have to make a big impact..example cole lind demko oli juleovi virtanen ......better players missed cause brass went by numbers or rankings....only guy id take is hughes cozens and each in top ten....if newhook is free at ten i would pick him vs some higher rank guy....we will see in the future...i think sometimes you just go with your gut...i like the way islanders build their team avalanche and vegas...other teams try but dont have the same options..you look at the oilers going for all the hype players in first round picks..how many lower rank players are kicking ass on the oilers picks..and most are not even on the team...they traded the best oilers in hall eberle ..nugent hopkins and i can't remember the guys name but european are not great..should have traded rah instead of jordan eberle..only oiler good is macdavid of course and draisatl..

does the scouting staff actually have good people instincts or do they just go by what they think and others have rated them...so many other scouts have such better skill at picking players and thats what makes the difference...look at the key aspects of the player...if brock did not have a natural scoring ability and good hockey sense he would be useless..anyways just tired of picking or signing long term prospects...you want guys that develop fast ...katchuk prime example......nucks get players and are usually going to utica or take years to develop.....when you draft a player you need to see how they play on a daily basis..is the kid just good or is he good with extra...figure it out and canucks will be a competitive team...

On 4/15/2019 at 3:09 PM, hockeygod77 said:

OK Jim be smart and pick alex new hook.

if new hook

If your so high on this guy why can't you spell his name right? Newhook. One word. Can't take you seriously if you can't even spell player names correctly. 

.if he can bulk up and learn the NHL game this guy will be a big time play maker goal score

And I could say this about pretty much any kid eligible for the draft.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:27 AM, hockeygod77 said:

does the scouting staff actually have good people instincts or do they just go by what they think and others have rated them...so many other scouts have such better skill at picking players and thats what makes the difference...look at the key aspects of the player...if brock did not have a natural scoring ability and good hockey sense he would be useless..anyways just tired of picking or signing long term prospects...you want guys that develop fast ...katchuk prime example......nucks get players and are usually going to utica or take years to develop.....when you draft a player you need to see how they play on a daily basis..is the kid just good or is he good with extra...figure it out and canucks will be a competitive team...

No. You take the best player available. Case in point is Nolan Patrick. He was NHL ready at the draft but would you take him over EP or Makar? You take the player you feel has the biggest upside and be patient with his development. 

Archived