The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

22 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

False Claims, Spread by a Trump Son, That Biden Used a Teleprompter

A video of Joe Biden answering live questions during a television interview is being edited to claim, incorrectly, that the Democratic presidential nominee was using a teleprompter.

In the full interview with Telemundo, conducted Sept. 15, Biden can clearly be seen looking to his left, where the television studio set up a screen with live incoming questions from voters.

An edited version of the video shows just one moment where Biden was unable to view a question and says, “I lost that line.”

The 26-second clip from the video has been shared by people close to President Donald Trump, including his son Eric Trump, who tweeted Wednesday that Biden had been “caught red-handed using a teleprompter.” Trump’s campaign also ran an ad amplifying the false claim against Biden.

A Telemundo spokesperson said Wednesday that recent social media posts claiming that Biden used a teleprompter during an interview with Noticias Telemundo and anchor Jose Diaz-Balart were false.

Enough with the truth and facts, Biden’s brain is mushy like southern grits!
Trump on the other hand, I mean sharpest mind in history, Einstein was nothing comparing to Trump.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Enough with the truth and facts, Biden’s brain is mushy like southern grits!
Trump on the other hand, I mean sharpest mind in history, Einstein was nothing comparing to Trump.

meh, its all echo chamber stuff. Anyone promoting these videos is just trolling. Seems to be a thing amongst certain types. I suspect there's a strong correlation between promoting these videos and also watching Jordan Peterson videos on how to talk to girls. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Yup, nothing to see here.  Even when you see stories like this.  I know it is more than 1 year old, but it illustrates the point Hip made.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/10/jared-kushner-real-estate-cadre-goldman-sachs

Company part-owned by Jared Kushner got $90m from unknown offshore investors since 2017

Overseas investment flowed to Cadre while Trump’s son-in-law works as US envoy, raising conflict of interest questions

One thing:   I would hope that the potential wrong-doing of Trump's family doesn't cancel out the potential wrong-doing of Biden's family, or vice versa, in anyone's mind.

American voters should be looking at both for potential cases of influence peddling.  

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

One thing:   I would hope that the potential wrong-doing of Trump's family doesn't cancel out the potential wrong-doing of Biden's family, or vice versa, in anyone's mind.

American voters should be looking at both for potential cases of influence peddling.  

This close to the election we only have two choices left.

Trump is a crook, his kids are scumbags, Kushner is dirty and his old man was in prison for fraud.

So I am going with the door number 2.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Robert Long said:

meh, its all echo chamber stuff. Anyone promoting these videos is just trolling. Seems to be a thing amongst certain types. I suspect there's a strong correlation between promoting these videos and also watching Jordan Peterson videos on how to talk to girls. 

I got my knowledge of politics through watching news, documentaries, reading papers/books and life experience.
Never once I looked to YouTube for anything besides entertainment, sports, music, travel videos etc.

Lot of puppets today mask their lack of knowledge by posting other people’s opinions.

In a face to face debate without social media and google search engine, their opinion is worth $&!#!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

I got my knowledge of politics through watching news, documentaries, reading papers/books and life experience.
Never once I looked to YouTube for anything besides entertainment, sports, music, travel videos etc.

Lot of puppets today mask their lack of knowledge by posting other people’s opinions.

In a face to face debate without social media and google search engine, their opinion is worth $&!#!

for sure, in some cases it comes down to kids with little life experience. Sometimes its people who know better who are very good manipulators. 

The personal attacks on Biden are weak. I'd be far more concerned with Don Jr.calling for an "army" to block voting stations. 

2 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

for sure, in some cases it comes down to kids with little life experience. Sometimes its people who know better who are very good manipulators. 

The personal attacks on Biden are weak. I'd be far more concerned with Don Jr.calling for an "army" to block voting stations. 

Or Trump not answering the question about accepting the results of the election.

That is straight up out of dictatorship for dummies book!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I posted a link to an article earlier today, that outlines several tactics that the GOP is either employing, or talking about employing to try and stack the deck in it's favor. It's pretty disturbing....

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Or Trump not answering the question about accepting the results of the election.

That is straight up out of dictatorship for dummies book!

yup thats some scary $&!# right there. So incredibly irresponsible. The people who would go to "war" for him, and die, are likely happy to do so. And for what? An illusion. Poor Trump voters get literally get no tangible benefits by supporting him. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I posted a link to an article earlier today, that outlines several tactics that the GOP is either employing, or talking about employing to try and stack the deck in it's favor. It's pretty disturbing....

it just makes me happy that the con's don't have the support or ability in the Senate to pull off this kind of thing in Canada, because you know they would if they could.

It freaks me out what passes for conservative thinking today. 

Edited by Robert Long
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

it just makes me happy that the con's don't have the support or ability in the Senate to pull off this kind of thing in Canada, because you know they would if they could.

The fact that the Repugs could bypass the will of the voters in swing states and arbitrarily declare Trump the winner, in the name of "security", is pretty frightening.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Yes.  If Biden is guilty of wrong doing, then justice needs to be served.   Many never TRUMPers agree with that sentiment.   However, we are just pointing out that the same microscope uncovering "dirt" on Biden be pointed in TRUMP'S direction as well.  And as we have demonstrated, it's not hard to find "dirt" there as well. Some of it even more scummy that the "crimes" that Biden is accused of.  Hell, even the accusations that Shillary is alleged to have committed were or are currently being done by TRUMP and co.   People in glass houses for sure.

9 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

yup thats some scary $&!# right there. So incredibly irresponsible. The people who would go to "war" for him, and die, are likely happy to do so. And for what? An illusion. Poor Trump voters get literally get no tangible benefits by supporting him. 

The easiest people to manipulate are uneducated and dumb ones.

You can get education but if you are dumb you are SOL.

We have a saying back home that goes “only fools die for ideals” and we have lot of graves to prove it.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The fact that the Repugs could bypass the will of the voters in swing states and arbitrarily declare Trump the winner, in the name of "security", is pretty frightening.

Canada as a country should be more concerned about U.S conservatives vs. your own.

The ones down here pack much more manpower, firepower and blatant ignorance.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Canada as a country should be more concerned about U.S conservatives vs. your own.

The ones down here pack much more manpower, firepower and blatant ignorance.

I certainly am.

I was no fan of Stephen Harper, but he never scared me as much as the prospect of another 4 years of Donald Trump in the WH....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I certainly am.

I was no fan of Stephen Harper, but he never scared me as much as the prospect of another 4 years of Donald Trump in the WH....

I give you credit because for the last 4 years you have been talking about Trump posing a danger not only to the U.S but Canada and the world.
While some find dumpster fire amusing to watch, that is until it burns their asses in Canada.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The easiest people to manipulate are uneducated and dumb ones.

You can get education but if you are dumb you are SOL.

We have a saying back home that goes “only fools die for ideals” and we have lot of graves to prove it.

poor / low income people that support Trump only have the illusion and so-called ideals. Their real incomes and spending power haven't grown, and if Trump gets his way they'll have even fewer healthcare and education options. (https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/08/07/for-most-us-workers-real-wages-have-barely-budged-for-decades/)

Trump has sold these people hard.  

Just now, Robert Long said:

poor / low income people that support Trump only have the illusion and so-called ideals. Their real incomes and spending power haven't grown, and if Trump gets his way they'll have even fewer healthcare and education options. (https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/08/07/for-most-us-workers-real-wages-have-barely-budged-for-decades/)

Trump has sold these people hard.  

DJT has never cared about people outside of his circle in his whole life

His upper east side digs, Greenwich CT mansion, Palm beach ocean Blvd. mansion, fancy cars, bimbos, gaudy furniture, private jets, country clubs, private golf courses etc.

If these poor, rural folks were on fire, DJT would not piss on them to put the fire out.

• Cheers 1

DJT has never cared about people outside of his circle in his whole life

His upper east side digs, Greenwich CT mansion, Palm beach ocean Blvd. mansion, fancy cars, bimbos, gaudy furniture, private jets, country clubs, private golf courses etc.

If these poor, rural folks were on fire, DJT would not piss on them to put the fire out.

When he talked about having to show ID to buy groceries he showed just how out of touch with the common person he really is. That man’s never gone grocery shopping or washed a dish or had to worry about stretching money out until pay day. He’s built his life on screwing those suckers over. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

When he talked about having to show ID to buy groceries he showed just how out of touch with the common person he really is. That man’s never gone grocery shopping or washed a dish or had to worry about stretching money out until pay day. He’s built his life on screwing those suckers over. 

Guy was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

He also spent most of his life showing how rich he is and how many famous people he knows.

But in 2016, he somehow started caring for Appalachia folks!

• Cheers 1