The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

15 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Are we allowed 3 goalies?

our CBA link is on the front page and here again:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iOpLpN4Hb5qc_P6jG-FIioKTKNZhas9NOwVEkC-WSOE/edit

I have to read it to see the answer, lol, and NO. We can not.

3.1 - Active Roster Guidelines

Each team is permitted to carry a maximum of 23 players on their active roster at any given time. Of these 23 players, a maximum of 14 may be forwards, 8 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders.

i think over the summer the league has allowed some slight ballooning to allow for acquiring and dispensing with contracts. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

our CBA link is on the front page and here again:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iOpLpN4Hb5qc_P6jG-FIioKTKNZhas9NOwVEkC-WSOE/edit

I have to read it to see the answer, lol, and NO. We can not.

i think over the summer the league has allowed some slight ballooning to allow for acquiring and dispensing with contracts. 

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Are we allowed 3 goalies?

<_<

send down Demko. @Tylez

Bernier on the block.

Edited by inane

Spoiler

If you find this annoying at all please let me know. I can stop. (I find these fun tho!)

SECOND TO LAST SERIES OF CUTS - NASHVILLE PREDATORS (September 27th, 2019)

Image result for nashville predators

Nashville's training camp update. Oliver Wahlstrom and Logan Stanley have been standouts at this years camp. Both are making a case for themselves to be on the opening night roster. The team has placed a claim on veteran winger Colin Wilson of Edmonton Oilers. No confirmation yet if the team was successful in their claim. 

Members of the local media believe the team has been high on Wilson for sometime. The recent claim of Sam Gagner has made Nashville's claim on Wilson financially viable. It is unclear if Colin Wilson is a backup option if Oliver Wahlstrom is unable to crack the lineup full time or if the team wishes to use him ahead of Center Brandon Sutter who has yet to solidify himself as one of the team's 14 forwards.

Logan Stanley has been ahead of the crowd on D and has surprised many in the franchise at his NHL readiness. It is likely Stanley returns to the AHL but the team wishes to get one last look in with him this weekend. Nic Petan and Luke Kunin have done admirably at this years camp. It is widely believed though both will be return to the AHL following this Saturday's practice. 

Forward Skaters (12/14 Spots filled)

Brandon Sutter 6.png C 30  
Oliver Wahlstrom 6.png RW/C 19  
Luke Kunin 6.png C 21  
Eetu Luostarinen 2.png C 21 Sent to AHL
Johan Larsson 1.png C/LW 26 Sent to AHL
Nic Petan 3.png C/LW 27  

Defenseman: (6/7 Spots filled)

Bowen Byram 3.png LHD 18 Returned to Junior
Brogan Rafferty 6.png RHD 24 Sent to AHL
Maxime Lajoie 3.png LHD 21 Sent to AHL
Logan Stanley 3.png LHD 21  

Goaltending: (2/2 Spots filled)

Mackenzie Blackwood 3.png G 22 Sent to AHL
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Looks like we may have been the only team with a claim?  Will wait confirmation from the league. (waive was made at 11:18pm last night)

I would have if I had the cap space, but I think you are also 1 up on me in the order as well.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1

image.png.2de7dbf6714e2a3d29d4e4ad387c62f4.png

Toronto waived Louis Domingue and Justin Williams

San Jose waived Martin Frk and Kyle Rau

Boston placed Aaron Dell on waivers

Edmonton waived Colin Wilson

and therefore:

DETROIT has claimed Louis Domingue!

EDMONTON has claimed Aaron Dell

NASHVILLE has claimed Colin Wilson.

That means Frk, Rau and Williams have cleared! grats all. 

*if something is amiss, please shoot me a message on cdcmail, lol. in three or four days i parsed almost 1500 players to make our waiver notations before the end of this month, just finished but I am a little punch drunk...might be errors i didn't intend in the waiver stuff. Seems accurate and up to the minute though, cheers.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 2

Joseph Woll getting his NHL debut tonight with the Toronto Maple Leafs!

Good luck kid!

image (2).jpg

Final roster cuts for Nashville coming this weekend. Expecting to see Nicolas Petan, Like Kunin, and Logan Stanley cut next.

Brandon Sutter and Oliver Wahlstrom continue to Duke it out over the final roster spot upfront.

Edited by Rush17

Baring any more moves/waiver claims, the EDM opening roster will be the following...

Kevin Labanc - Tomas Hertl - Mitch Marner

Nikolaj Goldobin - Jonathan Drouin - Phil Kessel

Bryan Rust - Adam Henrique - Charlie Coyle

Andrew Cogliano - Antoine Morand - Ryan Hartman

Drew Doughty - Mike Green

Devon Toews - Kevin Shattenkirk

Vili Saarjarvi - Erik Cernak 

John Gibson

Aaron Dell

Definitely looking to improve my bottom 6 and 3rd pairing D. Only untouchables being Marner, Hertl, Drouin, Toews, Cernak and Gibson. Honestly looking more for depth/simple moves than a big blockbuster right now. 

Edited by donut47

15 minutes ago, donut47 said:

EDM releases Derrick Pouliot (pending RFA), call-up Devon Toews, Vili Saarijarvi and Antoine Morand to the NHL

Derrick Pouliot cannot be released as he was given a qualifying offer. Meaning you retain his rights. Kind of like giving him a contract as he could just accept his qualifying offer. 

I will move him down to the minors though