The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

I can address that I think, but subject to Tylez signing off on what I say. 

This is a current work in progress and we have a goal of tagging every player by Oct 1st. I am actually working on it at this very hour. 

Currently if your team page, roughly the first half of the league in the sheets, has down arrows on some players, then yes that whole team page has been done and the down arrow means they don't require waivers to go down. This is a temporary notation as I am working to do the last half of the team sheets now and then over time change the down arrows to match: the system I think we decided upon was the red and green hue to the cell on the sheet where your players image is showing. Literally the player head and shoulders picture on the team sheets will be RED shaded if that player requires waivers and green shaded if they don't. I will then go back and make notes on those cells telling us how many games or what date the status will change to red. 

Hope that makes sense and is an accurate description of Tylez intentions. 

Thank you for the question though. 

Lastly, I will add that there is a mockup page on the last tab mimicking WPG's team sheet in a new format that we will roll  out over the course of the season, perhaps now is a good time to seek feedback on it from the GM's?

Great system and I like the mock up on the extra tab.  Makes it a nice visual cell to see quickly.  Another thanks to you guys for all that you are doing.  I have a specific question on a player that I will share in a direct thread.

Provided our claim on Noel Acciari is unsuccessful, Pittsburgh places a claim on Sam Gagner.

Our final roster should now be:

Zucker - Barkov - Pastrnak

Fiala - Miller - Byron

Dubinsky - Danault - Armia

Daniel Carr - Trevor Lewis - Moore

(Open spot for waiver claim)

Edler - Suter

Sekera - Severson

McNabb - Pelech

Harrington - Joel Persson

Bobrovsky

Kuemper

Bold indicates change from what is posted on pickup

Paul Ladue, Anthony Stolarz, and Oscar Dansk will need to go through waivers at the roster deadline.

@Tylez @Primal Optimist

Edited by Caboose
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Provided our claim on Noel Acciari is unsuccessful, Pittsburgh places a claim on Sam Gagner.

Our final roster should now be:

Reveal hidden contents

Zucker - Barkov - Pastrnak

Fiala - Miller - Byron

Dubinsky - Danault - Armia

Daniel Carr - Trevor Lewis - Moore

(Open spot for waiver claim)

Edler - Suter

Sekera - Severson

McNabb - Pelech

Harrington - Joel Persson

Bobrovsky

Kuemper

Bold indicates change from what is posted on pickup

@Tylez @Primal Optimist

Good luck in Pittsburgh or wherever you land Sam. You are a trooper!

19 hours ago, Tylez said:

October 1st all teams need to be cap compliant. Also all teams with players in the minors will automatically be put on waivers if not on the NHL roster. 

Rosters need to be submitted to me before opening night or you risk losing out on points of no roster is posted 

Do we need to recall players to place them on ELC slide?

Toronto places Louis Domingue and Justin Williams on waivers and placed in the minors.

@Primal Optimist

Adin Hill and Tomas Hyka shall be called up in their place.

Travis Dermott is placed on IR:

https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/26446/travis-dermott

Martin Fehervary is added to our ELC slide list.

I should now be roster and cap compliant?

Edited by Art Vandelay

6 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Do we need to recall players to place them on ELC slide?

If you want a player to do a "9 game" try out then yes he has to be on your NHL roster. If you want to slide him right away then you can do so as well. If he stays in the minors then you cannot eat ELC slide them 

2 minutes ago, Tylez said:

If you want a player to do a "9 game" try out then yes he has to be on your NHL roster. If you want to slide him right away then you can do so as well. If he stays in the minors then you cannot eat ELC slide them 

That makes sense.  

Assign D Jakub Galvas to ELC slide then please.  Will decide on two more slides in the next days before final roster is submitted.

Waivers: San Jose places Martin Frk and Kyle Rau on waivers with the intention of sending them to the Barracuda.

Recall: The Sharks recall Michael Amadio and Jonas Siegenthaler from the Barracuda.

We aren't ready to make our final cuts yet, as we still have a pile of guys hanging around camps that might have a shot at their big clubs, but it is starting to come into focus. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Tylez said:

Signing.jpg.dfe488a027daef4ae555eeba529c4b37.jpg

The NSH.png.00020945c4e4ab9963585d1818fcdc3b.png @Rush17 has signed:

Matej Pekar - 3 years x 2.475M (0.825M AAV)

and re-signed:

Clayton Keller - 7 years x 52.5M (7.5M AAV) - Deal includes a NTC that starts in 2022/23

Image result for clayton keller signed

Nashville is incredibly proud to announce the team has signed Star Forward Clayton Keller to a 7 year extension! The team has worked hard this past week to try and iron out a long term extension that best suits the needs of Keller and this franchise moving forward. Keller is an important member of our young core and we could not be more excited to share this news with our wonderful fans here in the great state of Tennessee.  

Welcome home Clayton!

12 hours ago, Rush17 said:

WAIVERS: Nashville waives F Sam Gagner with the intention of assigning him to the Milwaukee Admirals.

2019-20 Nashville Predators 

Roster has been largely set. Still some kids making a push but the following players will be the bulk of my NHL roster. NHL Veterans Sam Gagner and Brandon Sutter may be called back up if the kids can't crack the team. We look forward to another productive season! 

Forward Skaters (12/14)

Cam Atkinson *C*
Alex Tuch
Bo Horvat *A*
Ondrej Palat
Cody Eakin
Chris Tierney
Anthony Beauvillier
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Clayton Keller
Tyson Jost
Jake Virtanen
Anthony Duclair

Defensive Skaters (6/8)

Colton Parayko
Shea Theodore
Sami Vatanen
Jay Bouwmeester *A*
Jordie Benn
Robert Hagg

Goalie Skaters (2/2)

Jacob Markstrom
Curtis McElhinney

Nashville Predators 2019-20 Season Outlook!

Image result for nashville predators

As the Predators Pre-Season winds down, The team has some tough decisions ahead. Recent trades involving Kevin Hayes, Mark Jankowski, Adam Larsson and Brendan Gallagher have opened up new opportunities within the Predators organization. This years pre-season has been a hard fought one and the kids are making some strong first impressions. Max Lajoie played significant minutes last season and he looks poised to stay at the NHL level. Oliver Wahlstrom and Mackenzie Blackwood continue to stand out among their peers. Recent addition Bowen Byram skated with the group this morning and had this to say about new his teammates.

Byram: "Our guys have really rallied together here, it has been quite the transition but I am extremely excited about all the young talent here in Nashville. I think we may have the makings here of a really good core."  With decisions loaming on the horizon as camp winds down, the team will need to decide who will get the nod to start the year at the NHL level. Veteran Brandon Sutter is working hard to try and get himself back into the NHL. Veteran leadership will be important to this young team and players like Sutter could be key contributors if he can rediscover his offensive game.

Here is a look at Nashville's Top 10 Prospects in the System! Who do you think could make the big club this season?

Nashville Predators Top 10 Prospects

#1 - Bowen Byram - 2019 1st Round (3) Tampa Bay Lightning - EKL Entry Draft

6xkf7vG.jpg 

Byram was drafted 3rd Overall in the 2019 EKL Entry Draft by the Tampa Bay Lightning. He was later traded to the Nashville Predators in a deal for stud D prospect Dante Fabbro and Forward Kevin Hayes. Byram is close to cracking the Predators line-up this fall but the team's GM Steven Rush encourages taking a patient approach with the young defender. Byram could be returning to Jr. If he doesn't make an immediate impact in the remaining two pre-season games for the club.

#2 - Mackenzie Blackwood - 2015 2nd Round (42) New Jersey Devils - NHL Entry Draft

41WNI5O.jpg

Mackenzie Blackwood was acquired by the Nashville Predators leading up the 2019 EKL Entry Draft. The team acquired him well moving back in the Draft. Blackwood was originally Drafted in the 3rd Round 42nd Overall in 2015 NHL Entry Draft. He had a taste of NHL experience last season where he played 23 Games well recording a 10 wins and a 0.918 SV%. He is in for a tough camp as the team brought in veteran netminder Curtis McElhinney to boost competition at this years training camp. Blackwood is expected to start in the AHL this season.

#3 - Oliver Wahlstrom - 2018 1st Round (11) New York Islanders - NHL Entry Draft

GEBgfiD.jpg 

Oliver Wahlstrom was drafted 11th Overall in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft. Wahlstrom finished up his college career last season where he posted average numbers after what was a dominant sophomore campaign. Wahlstrom joined the Bridgeport Sound Tigers late last season where he recorded 7 Points in 10 Games (Including 4 points in 5 playoff games). Wahlstrom is eager to impress at camp and looks forward to having school behind him as he looks to make his mark at the next level. 

#4 - Maxime Lajoie - 2016 5th Round (113) Ottawa Senators - NHL Entry Draft.

KdVPtL9.jpg

Max "Maxime" Lajoie began his 2019-20 campaign with the Ottawa Senators where he suited up for 56 Games. Max managed to produce 7 goals and 15 points during that stint. The battle at the Predators camp has been intense this fall. With recent additions of Sami Vatanen and Bowen Byram the stakes have only gotten bigger for young Max. Lajoie is arguably the most NHL ready among the team's young defenders, but he still has a lot to prove if he wishes to become an NHL regular.

#5 - Luke Kunin - 2016 1st Round (15) Minnesota Wild - NHL Entry Draft

SntvvCf.jpg

Luke Kunin spent last season splitting time in the NHL with the Minnesota Wild and Iowa Wild. He is poised to have a strong season after finishing the AHL playoffs with 8 points in 11 games with the Iowa Wild. Luke could be a real game breaker at the NHL level but he is still learning what it takes to make it at the national level. Luke will be battling in camp this year for an opening night roster spot. It will be up to him if he is able to make the transition this year. The team has moved some veterans out so the opportunity is there so he choose to take it.

#6 - Urho Vaakanainen - 2017 1st Round (18) Boston Bruins - NHL Entry Draft

tgKNb8k.jpg

Urho Vaakanainen is set to play his second season in the American Hockey League. Last season Urho managed to put up 16 points in 31 AHL games. The Predators are extremely high on this young D prospect and look forward to watching his growth in the coming 2019-20 season. It is highly unlikely Vaakanainen starts the season with the Predators but if injuries do strike one wonders if he might be given a look later this season. Urho is expected to play big minutes this year in Milwaukee with the Admirals.

#7 - Logan Stanley - 2016 1st Round (18) Boston Bruins - NHL Entry Draft

VWxYqs6.jpg

Logan Stanley played his first full year in the American Hockey League last season where he managed to put up 22 Points and 70 PIMs in 73 AHL games. Logan is expected to start in Milwaukie but has showed exceptionally well this pre-season well playing big minutes. This hulking 6'7 and 200 pound defenseman looks to have a promising career in the near future. Stanley will be played in all situations in the AHL this season and may get a call-up when injuries hit. Stanley looks to build on what was a strong ahl rookie season.

#8 - Raphael Lavoie - 2019 1st Round (15) Nashville Predators  - EKL Entry Draft

V2NmYIZ.jpg

Raphaël Lavoie finished his 2018-19 QMJHL campaign strong scoring 32 points in 23 playoff games with the Halifax Mooseheads. The team then held the Memorial Cup where Lavoie and the Moose lost in the Championship game, Raphael scored in that game. Lavoie has been returned to Halifax Moosehead of the QMJHL where the team hopes he can replicate his success last season. Lavoie still has some filling out to do but could be ready to challenge for a job with the Predators next fall. 

#9 - Pierre-Olivier Joseph - 2017 1st Round (27) Arizona Coyotes - NHL Entry Draft

kmIpQsJ.png

Pierre-Olivier Joseph played his final year of Jr. this season with a top tier Drummondville Voltigeurs team. Joseph joined the Drummondville team after being dealt from Charlottetown Islanders earlier in the year. Al though the transition wasn't as seamless as Pierre-Oliver hoped, his leadership ability and on ice skills helped carry the Voltigeurs Semi Finals of the QMJHL Playoffs where they later lost to the Halifax Mooseheads. Joseph is expected to join the Milwaukee Admirals to start the 2019-20 season.

#10 - Joseph Woll - 2016 1st Round (62) Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL Entry Draft

d0EX9k9.jpg

Joseph Woll finished his college career this past spring with Boston College. Woll posted a 0.919 SV% and a 2.41 GGA in 37 games for BC. Joseph is expected to start in the AHL this season as he prepares himself for his first season of professional hockey. It looks like he is ready for the task at hand and is eager to prove himself the Predators organization. The team has Mackenzie Blackwood ahead of Joseph Woll but that fact doesn't seem to worry Joseph. Woll believes he is ready to take the next step in his development.

Nashville Predators - Honourable Mentions

Brogan Rafferty - 2019 College Free Agent - Vancouver Canucks - NCAA

Julius Nattinen- 2015 2nd Round (59) Un-signed (Finland)  - NHL Entry Draft

Lukas Jasek - 2015 6th Round (174) Vancouver Canucks  - NHL Entry Draft

Eetu Luostarinen - 2017 2nd Round (42) Carolina Hurricanes - NHL Entry Draft

Jonah Gadjovich - 2017 2nd Round (55) Vancouver Canucks - NHL Entry Draft
Eemeli Rasanen - 2017 2nd Round (59) Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL Entry Draft

Jack Drury - 2018 2nd Round (42) Carolina Hurricanes - NHL Entry Draft
Gabriel Fortier - 2018 2nd Round (59) Tampa Bay Lightning - NHL Entry Draft
Matej Pekar - 2018 4th Round (94) Buffalo Sabres - NHL Entry Draft

Ilya Nikolayev - 2019 2nd Round (43) Nashville Predators - EKL Entry Draft
Cameron Rowe -2019 5th Round (126) Nashville Predators - EKL Entry Draft
Riley Hughes - 2019 5th Round (137) Nashville Predators - EKL Entry Draft

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Toronto places Louis Domingue and Justin Williams on waivers and placed in the minors.

@Primal Optimist

Adin Hill and Tomas Hyka shall be called up in their place.

Travis Dermott is placed on IR:

https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/26446/travis-dermott

Martin Fehervary is added to our ELC slide list.

I should now be roster and cap compliant?

Confirmed Compliant!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Just some tidbits to end the night for me. I believe all is caught up at the moment!

-Detroit and Islanders: Both teams will be semi up and running. There will be no trades that will happen, and any pending RFA players will not sign offer sheets. I will make sure they have a compliant roster for opening night

-ELC Slides: There has been a little bit of confusion ( as to be expected with a different approach). ELC's should be designated by opening night (OCT 1 with rest of roster)... UNLESS... you keep a player for their "9 Game" or in our case 3 week try out. Players in this position need to be in opening night roster. The confusion however is what if that player makes the team and you want to keep him? Well, if he is kept, then you can use the ELC on another player.... However, you can not use an ELC on a player whom you have called up to your NHL roster at any time. This player has to have strictly stayed in the minors.

The best way I explained it was 

You can slide any 3 players, 21 or younger on and ELC contract. You have till October 1st to decide in those, however if you choose though, you can keep an ELC player on your roster up until Oct 23. At that date you need to either slide him, or he stays on your roster. If he stays.... You can slide another player, however that other player can not have been called up by your team at any point

Oct 1 is a soft deadline, Oct 23rd is a hard deadline.

-Get rosters in!!!

I am very excited about this season. Apologies if I get annoying with things like this. Just wanting this to go great! Thanks to all! 

Edited by Tylez
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1