The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 14, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Why why do people pretend it’s just our team that is just injured. Yeah most times we have one or two more then other teams but if you look at the quality of players on other teams they’re right uoo there, buffalo and tororoto haven’t played a full roster yet this year, there’s usually allways at least two or three pretty good to  good players out on mosst teams nightly it’s like people act as if the league has full rosters and we are always down half a roster each night 

Who’s pretending that it’s just the Canucks? Sounds like you’re having some delusions about that. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who’s pretending that it’s just the Canucks? Sounds like you’re having some delusions about that. 

UHhhh....everyone. I hear it all the time. “Once our roster is back to hundred percent we will dominate”. “It’s not fair we have so many injuries.”

have you not seen benning even linden and greens excuses every off season about injuries costing us. Which fans agree with.(that right there implies everyone else is mostly healthy because if it didn’t why would injuries be an excuse if everyone else had them?)

Another thing i cant stand is people saying we have 25 percent of our roster out. My god. List our seven or 8 best/most important players and almost every one of them is on our team right now. 

and im delusional.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

12 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

UHhhh....everyone. I hear it all the time. “Once our roster is back to hundred percent we will dominate”. “It’s not fair we have so many injuries.”

have you not seen benning even linden and greens excuses every off season about injuries costing us. Which fans agree with.(that right there implies everyone else is mostly healthy because if it didn’t why would injuries be an excuse if everyone else had them?)

Another thing i cant stand is people saying we have 25 percent of our roster out. My god. List our seven or 8 best/most important players and almost every one of them is on our team right now. 

and im delusional.

I’m thinking you’re still delusional. Yeah. 

21 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Fight, fight, fight.

I mean, I miss Ferland :ph34r:

Ferland is not going to be fighting much.

Not after he went out with his umpteenth concussion from the last fight he got into.

Career ending potential there is a VERY high.

Better start looking elsewhere for tough guys.

Ferland may not be back anytime soon... it is obvious he was suffering post concussion issues prior to the season and hid them.

Would not be surprised at all to see him out for a couple months.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

12 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I’m certain it wouldn’t work that way.  First off, Luongo filed his retirement papers.  That would effectively terminate his contract and trigger not only the recapture penalty. But I assume it would have implications for his pension as well.  But for arguements sake. Let’s say you could “un-ring that bell”. You couldn’t just do a paper transaction. Luongo wouldn’t be able to work for the Panthers. His salary would still be due by whatever team acquired him.  So Ottawa (in your example) would be on the hook for his salary.  Unless of course he qualified for LTIR. But if that was the case, he could have chosen to go that route in the first place. So ALL of this would require Luongo’s cooperation. 

im guessing he’s more than happy to stay in sunny Glorida with his wife rather than move to Ottawa for $1m a year for 3 years.  I’m guessing he’s making close to that with Florida as it stands now

So again. There’s really no way to get out of the recapture.  

Pronger worked for the DoPS while on LTIR.  His contract was even traded to Arizona to help them reach the floor - he had to waive his NMC.  

The Luongo contract is probably insured.  The LTIR cap hit for Vancouver would have been 800K if Luongo had elected for LTIR given his hip issues, but Florida apparently convinced him to retire instead.  Benning questions whether Florida provided him an additional incentive to retire instead of going on LTIR - pay him above market value for his new advisory position to make up for the loss of salary by retiring. 

Gillis was expecting Luongo to go on LTIR before the end of his contract.

Edited by mll

12 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

and im delusional.

Please show where people say other teams aren't injured.

Checkout the Star's third goal....

...great example of the "attack triangle" and how it works....the players simply formed a triangle with the first player taking the puck wide and passing to a trailing player, who passed to a player going for the net, who passed back to the player who started the play that came in from taking the puck wide. Very simple play to set up and every player knew where the other player was going to be because they set up the "attack triangle"...this is only one play of many that can be setup by forming the "attack triangle'

...hockey 101 "the attack triangle" ...it's simple to set up and very effective....because it is hard to defend, especially if the team out numbers the defenders.

Link to Seguin's goal

https://www.nhl.com/video/seguin-cashes-in-on-odd-man-rush/t-310495314/c-4595816

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

Checkout the Star's third goal....

...great example of the "attack triangle" and how it works....the players simply formed a triangle with the first player taking the puck wide and passing to a trailing player, who passed to a player going for the net, who passed back to the player who started the play that came in from taking the puck wide. Very simple play to set up and every player knew where the other player was going to be because they set up the "attack triangle"...this is only one play of many that can be setup by forming the "attack triangle'

...hockey 101 "the attack triangle" ...it's simple to set up and very effective....because it is hard to defend, especially if the team out numbers the defenders.

Link to Seguin's goal

https://www.nhl.com/video/seguin-cashes-in-on-odd-man-rush/t-310495314/c-4595816

Yep, this and other similar attacking formations are "Coaching 101", standard in the playbook of experienced NHL coaches.

Unfortunately I am not seeing a lot of these basic systems in the play of the Canucks.

20 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Yep, this and other similar attacking formations are "Coaching 101", standard in the playbook of experienced NHL coaches.

Unfortunately I am not seeing a lot of these basic systems in the play of the Canucks.

Yup....a lot of individual play.

the Seguin goal is an example of a simple play being executed and when it is executed, it looks complicated.

Same thing with initiating a neutral zone regroup to maintain puck possession, rather than dump and chase and giving up possession....the regroup is so simple that when executed it looks complicated...the players need to start doing these simple team systems so that they can read off each other....if things are kept simple, then it's easier for the players to read off each other. When they start reading off each other with simple plays, then it will start to look complicated but in fact the plays are simple.

Edited by Pete M