The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey Pants Sizing

Thunder Bunnies

Hi,

I'm new to ice hockey and I'm in the process of purchasing new gear.

Question about hockey pants, 

I'm 6ft tall and about a 30" waist, according to the sizing charts I should be M for length but a size small for waist.

I was wondering for hockey pants like the QR Edge that has the 1" extension in size small would make it long enough for me or should I be sizing up to a Medium? 

45 minutes ago, Thunder Bunnies said:

Hi,

I'm new to ice hockey and I'm in the process of purchasing new gear.

Question about hockey pants, 

I'm 6ft tall and about a 30" waist, according to the sizing charts I should be M for length but a size small for waist.

I was wondering for hockey pants like the QR Edge that has the 1" extension in size small would make it long enough for me or should I be sizing up to a Medium? 

First of all, welcome to the greatest game on earth.

Second: It's "hockey", not "ice hockey".

Third: Go to a sporting goods store and try them on. They fit right over your pants and just get whatever feels right.

Have you ever been to a store and tried on clothes before? Because...

23 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Third: Go to a sporting goods store and try them on. They fit right over your pants and just get whatever feels right.

...this is all it entails.

15 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

and then buy it online!

Booo

If you do that, one day, there will be no shops to try stuff on.

No ma and pa family businesses that support the local economy and participate in community events, sponsor youth hockey teams, donate prizes for tournaments etc.

Online shopping is a fool's game.

If you value choice and a strong local economy, support local businesses.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Booo

No ma and pa family businesses that support the local economy and participate in community events, sponsor youth hockey teams, donate prizes for tournaments etc.

but then you might actually have to talk to a person!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Booo

I can speak to that through personal experience.

Years ago, i worked at a "mom and pop" computer store.The City of Prince Rupert had an employee deduction plan for technology purchases (up to 3 grand, IIRC) We wondered why we were getting so few quote requests from city workers until one of them (a friend of mine) told me that their IT director had been telling them all to buy their computers from NCIX, as this would save them a bit of money.

A few years before that (at a different computer store) I lost a sale for 2 large network printers worth about 4 grand, because this same IT director could get them out of Misko's Warehouse in Toronto for a total savings of about $200.

Both stores are long since out of business....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I can speak to that through personal experience.

Years ago, i worked at a "mom and pop" computer store.The City of Prince Rupert had an employee deduction plan for technology purchases (up to 3 grand, IIRC) We wondered why we were getting so few quote requests from city workers until one of them (a friend of mine) told me that their IT director had been telling them all to buy their computers from NCIX, as this would save them a bit of money.

A few years before that (at a different computer store) I lost a sale for 2 large network printers worth about 4 grand, because this same IT director could get them out of Misko's Warehouse in Toronto for a total savings of about $200.

Both stores are long since out of business....

and then amazon put NCIX out of business.

44 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Actually, when I grew up on the island there were limited local sports stores in my hometown. If ordering online had been an option back then I would have been all over it, merely due to the lack of selection, not the price.

My parents bought everything from Sports Traders when my brother and I were kids.

We were just gonna make the stuff reek anyways, may as well buy used.

Edited by luckylager
  • Upvote 1