The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Boucher

I am not a scout or a coach...

But if the Canucks are looking for a scoring forward... Why the heck is Reid Boucher not getting a call up? No offense to Zack MacEwan

Boucher has 19 goals and 33 point in 23 games... Guy Deserves a call up.

But like I said I am no expert.

How do you add tags?      

10 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

But if the Canucks are looking for a scoring forward... Why the heck is Reid Boucher not getting a call up? No offense to Zack MacEwan

How do you add tags?      

Reid is too slow, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Ok... but man how do you score that much being slow?

The half a second difference in speed between the leagues makes the world of difference in a players ability to produce between the best and second best league in the world.

There are many players that are elite in the AHL but cannot translate that skill to the NHL.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Canucklehead73 said:

How do you add tags?      

You just write the tag in brackets before your thread title. In this case “Discussion” since you aren’t making a trade proposal. I edited your title this time but going forward please remember to tag your post or it will be locked. Cheers. 

Reid Boucher, Goldobin, and Baer all are more than a point a game at the AHL level. 

Yet both Goldobin and Baer did little to nothing when called up from the AHL. 

It sucks to be a tweener. 

Dominate the AHL, but can't make an impact in the NHL. 

I'm just happy Kole Lind and Gads are improving at the AHL level. Along with Rafferty and DiPietro. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Reid Boucher, Goldobin, and Baer all are more than a point a game at the AHL level. 

Yet both Goldobin and Baer did little to nothing when called up from the AHL. 

It sucks to be a tweener. 

Dominate the AHL, but can't make an impact in the NHL. 

I'm just happy Kole Lind and Gads are improving at the AHL level. Along with Rafferty and DiPietro. 

Baertschi is not in that group.  He's 0.55 ppg at the NHL level.  However, you're exactly right.  There are lots of players like this.  Archibald was another who put up great numbers in Utica and very little in the NHL.  It's the toughest league in the world and as the competition ramps up, we're seeing production from young players and rookies slow down already as they have to make adjustments to their games to continue having an impact.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Baertschi is not in that group.  He's 0.55 ppg at the NHL level.  However, you're exactly right.  There are lots of players like this.  Archibald was another who put up great numbers in Utica and very little in the NHL.  It's the toughest league in the world and as the competition ramps up, we're seeing production from young players and rookies slow down already as they have to make adjustments to their games to continue having an impact.

Well Baer was until concussions and injuries derailed his career. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, gurn said:

He was called up, and he did play, so they know.

2 minutes ago, Canucklehead73 said:

Boucher played this year? I haven't seen him play. I'm not talking training camp...

Oops, I messed up, and merged threads in my mind; Sven's trade request thread and this one.

Your are right Boucher hasn't played in the NHL this season.