The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You are 100% correct.  The only untouchables on our team are Petey and Hughes.  And I’d do Bess for Hiskanen all day, every day.  

Even better, Heiskanen + 1st + depth player...

I’m not saying, you do it, however you definitely listen, before you dismiss those sort of proposal.
If not then the GM isn’t doing his job. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

I’m not saying, you do it, however you definitely listen, before you dismiss those sort of proposal.
If not then the GM isn’t doing his job. 

You're way overvaluing Boeser is why I'm telling you it's a crap proposal. 

Would you trade Hughes, a 1st and Lind for Tkachuk?

I can't even begin to understand how your brain thinks. 

We should trade Fantenburg for McDavid too. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle

7 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

You're way overvaluing Boeser is why I'm telling you it's a crap proposal. 

Would you trade Hughes, a 1st and Lind for Tkachuk?

I can't even begin to understand how your brain thinks. 

We should trade Fantenburg for McDavid too. 

Give it a rest. 
the point, I was making, was, you don’t just say no without knowing, what the proposal is. 

You tripped from the start, when it was suggested, there could be circumstances, where you would at least consider, what would benefit the club the most. 

Any player has his price... 

And try to keep the debate civil... 

Edited by spook007
  • Wat 1

On 2/26/2020 at 6:14 AM, janisahockeynut said:

Not true stawns

As a Co-leader of the Tank Squad, I only wanted us to accumulate enough assets, to be able to actually field a team, and did not think we had enough, at the end of last season.

JB, went a different way, and brought in Miller and Myers, both who filled in huge holes, then got lucky that Hughes and to a lesser degree Gaudette, were ready for prime time.

Take away Miller and Hughes, and we are on the outside looking in. But that is not where we are now, and I am fully on board with the team that is taking shape...…..

Not only currently, but in the future, with what we have. IMO, I think most, if not all tankers have swung around to that way of thinking. To underline that thought.

My Tankers Club, which I started for discussion purposes, is all but done, with absolutely no dialogue. IMO, that is a great thing, as it has no need...….

So, plz don't paint us as ignorant, because your view was different than ours. IMO, I think my and your opinions are very similar, as they are with most former Tankers.

Jeez I never got my membership card. My being a tanker was all about a timeline and the acquisition of assets that would led towards a CUP contender. Actually making playoffs this year is a season early but the compete to getting there is necessary and valuable. I don’t understand Stawns point. The current roster is not a serious CUP contender. The last pieces of the d-core are in the prospect pool now. Canuck fans should be very excited.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Give it a rest. 
the point, I was making, was, you don’t just say no without knowing, what the proposal is. 

You tripped from the start, when it was suggested, there could be circumstances, where you would at least consider, what would benefit the club the most. 

Any player has his price... 

And try to keep the debate civil... 

Certainly if someone offers you a gross overpayment, one should be willing to trade any player. But sadly for the armchair GMs, there are not enough brain dead GMs making silly offers.

But as far as any offer that might actually happen, if we are getting 3 pieces back for one of our stars, it is obvious that we are giving up the best player in the trade. Which is almost invariably a recipe for losing the trade.

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Certainly if someone offers you a gross overpayment, one should be willing to trade any player. But sadly for the armchair GMs, there are not enough brain dead GMs making silly offers.

But as far as any offer that might actually happen, if we are getting 3 pieces back for one of our stars, it is obvious that we are giving up the best player in the trade. Which is almost invariably a recipe for losing the trade.

Cheers bud.

And for that reason don’t see it happen at all...

However Nuxfan did ask another good question, about there being room for all the RW prospects... Virtanen, Lind, Podkolzin.

If JB feel we need more beef in the top six and thinks either KL or VP are capable of playing top six, does he, in that case listen? if somebody were desperate for a young top goal scoring winger..and thus would offer a good D prospect + a first for BB?

Similar to the Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen trade maybe... 

You’ve gotta give to get...

I love Brock Boeser, and I expect him to be one of our two top RW in the future.

However I don’t think you can ever just dismiss any idea, that could potentially make the team stronger (depending on the eyes that see obviously). 

PS.., I rarely make trade proposals, as I suck at it.....::D

Edited by spook007

18 hours ago, spook007 said:

If not then the GM isn’t doing his 

Are you just giving an example if given that return you would trade BB. 

Jim Nill would have to be severely concussed and on crack and meth to even think about that proposal being serious. 

There is no way you get Heiskanen for BB. Not a chance. Not even IF Canucks add a 1st + depth player let alone other way around. 

Edited by WHL rocks

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Jeez I never got my membership card. My being a tanker was all about a timeline and the acquisition of assets that would led towards a CUP contender. Actually making playoffs this year is a season early but the compete to getting there is necessary and valuable. I don’t understand Stawns point. The current roster is not a serious CUP contender. The last pieces of the d-core are in the prospect pool now. Canuck fans should be very excited.

Funny how you identified the D-corp

My feeling on the subject is that, it is basically a middle of the road group, with only Hughes, being of quality to play on any Cup contending team. Now, it may be true that some (Tanev and Edler) are playing in the wrong tier, and could also play on a Cup contending team, but they are aging out, which takes us back to Hughes being the only defenseman worthy of playing on a top 10 team.

This leads me to 2 things, one being that our defensive prospects are still a couple years away from being at their best. Whatever that may be? So, I agree with you in that we have arrived a little early, because of the development of our forward group and Goaltending. So, when looking at our defensive prospect group, I really don't see that next Dman that will compliment Hughes, either by playing with him, or playing on the second pairing and being able to take some of the pressure away from him. It would be good if we had that. Do we have him? I don't know, but he is 2 years away at the earliest, unless one of Tryamkin, Rafferty, Rathbone, Juolevi or Woo, suddenly take a huge step, quickly.

I am not saying that these guys will not fill the holes, but next year, do they catapult us into the top 10? My guess is no.

So, that leads me to my second thought, which is, could we go out and get one? People have thrown Dumba's name our there, but I doubt Minni, really wants to move him, and he has taken a temporary step backwards, so is he a sure thing? Is there others? Do we have the resources to acquire one? It will cost! 

So, I am not sure what all the hullabaloo is all about, just because a middle of the road team, comes out flat and looses to a basement team. We are only 1 year away from a 82 point season. We are the middle, we are good and we are bad, we are inconsistent, and we know why...…...

I can not quite understand CDC's reaction to a bad game like this.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Are you just giving an example if given that return you would trade BB. 

Jim Nill would have to be severely concussed and on crack and meth to even think about that proposal being serious. 

There is no way you get Heiskanen for BB. Not a chance. Not even IF Canucks add a 1st + depth player let alone other way around. 

Yeah just an example... The point was, you can’t blankly say under no circumstances will BB be considered. But its Highly unlikely. 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2